IT.COM

AdSense and Taxes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok all you accountants, so I got my W2 today from my "real job" and plan to file my taxes quickly to get my refund. What is the deal with earnings that I have accrued from Adsense? Do I have to declare them as income? Is Google going to report paying me "x" amount last year to the IRS? Could they, however unlikey, come after me if I don't declare my adsense earnings? Any knowledge would be appreciated.

:gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you made over $500 last year, yes it is reported to the IRS. Tax evasion is a serious thing, I wouldn't recommend it.

•••
-RJ- said:
Tax evasion is a serious thing, I wouldn't recommend it.

Yeh, just ask that Richard guy from survivor! :lol:

•••
-RJ- said:
If you made over $500 last year, yes it is reported to the IRS. Tax evasion is a serious thing, I wouldn't recommend it.

So if i made under $500 I don't have to report it? The reason I ask of course is I want to do the honest thing just not have to go through the trouble if its not required.

•••
mediaspree said:
So if i made under $500 I don't have to report it? The reason I ask of course is I want to do the honest thing just not have to go through the trouble if its not required.

They have to report if you made if you made over $500 (I thought it was $600, actually, but whatever), but you have to report it no matter what (Not exactly true, but close enough).

-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back