IT.COM

Above.com now the worst parking option !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
today ( checking my parking account on what happened on the weekend and i noticed that my revenue is only a small fraction of what it is usually every day - after checking domains i noticed that they do not resolve - no one single one - since i use above for many years my domains point all over the place - first i checked and got rifght away a response from parkingcrew informed me that it is the above nameservers .

after 2 days not working nameservers you would think they are on it but no - above even ignores my support ticket and the account manager is also not answering .

i wrote a support ticket and in addition i contacted LIZ via skype - but it is impossible to get support from this company ( and if you do get support they are very defensive and arrogant and they think they are "above " everyone else .

well i had enough and park my ~ 2000 domains someplace else !

i am in the process of moving my domains now and i urge everyone that is using above to do the same - you will loose money - you will not make money !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
what does this signature has to do with this post ? - i am talking about my over 2000 parked domains - i was not talking about the link in my signature ( with of course go the the domain auction - where i frequently auction domains ! )

•••
sorry for trying to help. I just noticed your signature link is not working correct.
Obviously you have bigger issues

•••
sorry - you are wright about the link too . i will fix it soon. thank you

•••
I can't say they're bad or good since using above.com is up to anyone's needs

I will say though that, I also had some issues recently (irrelevant to what you experienced) and they answered me promptly (ie. within 24hrs), like they always do.

I'm not supporting them here, it's just I've never had any issues with them in term of communicating with them.

There is also the online chat if you want to get in contact with them. You know, this thing here on the bottom right:
upload_2016-10-11_1-9-54.png

They have always answered me when I used the online chat (unlike some other companies)

Note that they don't answer during the weekend and you might need to wait a bit when using the online chat.

Now, regarding the names not resolving; would it be possible to show roughly the time and date this happened? I really need to check my stats also in case I experienced this as well

thanks

•••
Hi,

Unfortunately we had a ddos attack and a small subset of our clients were adversely affected. As with all cases of down times when they occur at Above, we provide full compensation, which is currently being worked out and will be shortly applied to all affected accounts. As for support, we pride ourselves on prompt replies, but yes excluding weekends when our chat support is off line.

But wolfis, you have my direct skype as well, which I have previously advised you can use at anytime as well, and I can be reached on weekends and can take action as need be.

So once again sorry that we were unable to mitigate the ddos attack fully at the time, but full compensation is being provided. Notification to affected customers will be sent out shortly as well.

Cheers
David

Last edited:
•••
update - this scammers and thievess closed my account without having paid any of my money - i will get the law involved !!

out of the blue ( after i moved a few domains back on friday ) a couple of hours i got this nasty arrogant email from David Warmuz that my account is closed !

i can not even see with domains did well or are still pointed to above.com

we have a whistle blower law here in the USA and my posting is part of this - my account was closed because i informed what happened at above and that no support was answering my emails !

this is pretty illegal and a scam !

•••
Dear Wolfgang,

As per email notification your account balance was not finalized and was due to be paid out end of the week. Despite this we have pushed the payout to be immediate and you should have already received all your account balances. Please check your paypal account.

Thank you.
David

•••

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

We actually love it when clients voice their concerns. Especially when they provide suggestions on how to impove our UI and service overall. As this is how we find new and great features to add.

Fedback is always welcome

Cheers
David

Last edited:
•••
I was told ( in writing ) that my account was closed because I was verbally abusive to the staff ( strange as I never had any reply from anyone at above support about this issue other than hours after my posting as hello and thank you for adding me to the skype ) ... I never replied ... strange how I could have been abusive without ever replying ? Something must have gotten wrong during translation or just a big fat lie and excuse to justify a blocked account .

In fact I did not have any correspondence with anyone at above after October 10 2016 .. ( almost 14 days ) ... not one single word or email after my posting here on namepros .. Nothing !! And 2 weeks later out of the blue I get his email with now a lame lie on why the account was closed .
Just like the email and compensation I was suppose to get .. BUT IT DID NOT !!
... please do not tell me you emailed as you promised and it got lost in the mail ... please do not tell me I was compensated as I have no way of checking ( remember you closed my account without any notice or warning !!
Please people ... think about all this !!

•••
Dear Wolfgang,

I really do not understand, you moved all your domains out, as you stated at the start of this thread. There was only some remnant traffic left in the account. So not sure why this is an issue.

I personally checked this, before closing your account, I also checked the history of emails you have sent us. I also talked with my staff and came to this decision, which I stand by. I really do not need to say anymore on this topic.

Regards
David

•••
Yes , I too think there is not much need to state to obvious.

I found sizable traffic and revenue missing and the response many hours later was " dos attack " ( which is oh so convenient) .

Before I could make screenshots of my account and before I could see how often traffic and therefore revenue was not directed to any of my parkingplaces and before I then could proof that this is going on for much longer and much more widespread, my account was closed .

Not paying compensation as promised tells a lot about a " service " like that .

I urge everyone that uses above.com to test frequently which way you make more money - parking with parkingcompanies directly or " let this company direct your traffic .

•••
Dear Wofgang,

Making false accusations is just not fair. Your maximizer revenues since January this year has averaged just below $500 per month. Last month September was $503.37. For October upto the 10th when you moved your domains out, was increased to $403.48. This was around a $250 increase based on your normal revenues for 10 days. We base compensation on recent high performing historical earnings and then add some just to be sure. That is how your figure was worked out.

I truly want to make sure that you do not feel like you have been unfairly compensated, and as a further goodwill gesture I have authorized our accounts team to send a further $250 amount, which will be done tomorrow when the team is back in.

I truly hope that the combined amount, is more than fair and we can come to an amicable conclusion to this discussion.

Once again, my upmost apologies.

Regards
David

•••
Man I wish people just gave me 250 bucks every time I moaned lol I'd be rich!

•••
I used Skype, their LiveChat and email - all questions were replied and solved.

Regarding their revenue...
I didn't notice any increase when comparing with what I earn using ParkingCrew (incl. ZeroClick) and Bodis directly...

•••
Nothing personal but its not first time I see wolfis having beef with some parking company. Just saying.

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back