Domain Empire

ABOVE.com management results

NameSilo
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
hi, I recently joined above.com with dns ponting to them to manage my portfolio for parking.

I was previously unhappy with sedo and bodis.

I added 4 accounts:
bodis, sedo, theparkingplace,namedrive

it has been only 3 days since I did that... so I am not expecting any results yet, but being newbie to domains and parking, and impatient to understand how it works.. I would like you to tell me why i get about 20 000 hits per day, about 200 uniques in that, about 100 in the "reported" column, and 0 clicks.. that's for my entire portfolio of course.. which is being managed by above.com

are these numbers in any way conclusive? can one really get 20k hits and 0 clicks?

any input from the experts here would be appreciated.

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Above_Steve
Something just crossed my mind - if a domain is already faillisted, is pointed to above with maximizer on, and parking companies are enabled that offer direct advertiser on 2nd tier (eg Bodis, ParkingCrew), will this increase the bidding on the traffic?

In theory there should be multiple direct advertising sources competing for this traffic. Have you seen any results along these lines?

Thanks

•••
@Above_Steve @Hypersot I know this is an old thread, though it was very helpful, but I'm still a little confused.

Does Above work like this:

I change the DNA for all parking domains to Above's, then I connect all my parking accounts. I currently use Sedo, PC and Bodis. Then when someone types in my domain or follows a link, they go to Above's server which decides which of the three parking companies, has the best payout at that time? And if this is true, I'm assuming I need to submit my entire parking portfolio to each parking company?
Yes, that is how it works. With our free service, the parking companies compete for your domain traffic. Many people have the misconception that Above.com is a parking company. We are not. Our service allows you to optimize your parking revenue among several parking companies, and also allows you to check traffic/revenue stats all in one place.

We also offer the Maximizer service, which when turned on, allows your domain traffic to be bid on by direct advertisers in our network. Read a bit about where our traffic is sold: http://www.above.com/blog/2015/11/direct-search-network-focused-on-quality.html

This added competition (parking + Maximizer) allows you more opportunities to earn greater revenues.

And important to remember: You only make money on clicks with parked pages. With Above Maximizer, you make money on every visit (zero-click). Much easier to accomplish.

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't Maximizer turn you into a parking company?

•••
@Above_Steve
Something just crossed my mind - if a domain is already faillisted, is pointed to above with maximizer on, and parking companies are enabled that offer direct advertiser on 2nd tier (eg Bodis, ParkingCrew), will this increase the bidding on the traffic?

In theory there should be multiple direct advertising sources competing for this traffic. Have you seen any results along these lines?

Thanks
With respect to your first question, yes, if a Google fail-listed domain is pointing to Above.com’s DNS and has our AutoPilot’s Maximizer feature activated, then you will be increasing the competition/bidding for that traffic by continuing to allow AutoPilot to periodically test the payouts at parking companies who have either tier 2 non-google ad feeds for parked pages and/or who sell traffic on zero click basis to direct advertisers or advertising feeds/networks. Keep in mind that our Maximizer feature typically gets bids from multiple premium direct advertisers via our parent company Trellian’s Direct Search Network, so there is already built-in direct advertiser competition, even if none of the parking companies have advertisers currently bidding on that domain’s traffic.

For your second question, whether or not it’s a fail-listed domain, competition is always a very good thing. By enabling lots of competition, our AutoPilot and its Maximizer feature offer only upside potential for your RPMs. You can’t go wrong by having parking companies compete against each other and against premium direct advertisers.

You asked about results. We had an elite domainer recently point 3,000 domains to our DNS. As always, we manually assigned keywords to the new domains in our system and then activated his Maximizer. In the first month, his RPM on these domains increased by 71% in large part due to Maximizer awarding traffic to premium advertisers, but also due in part to AutoPilot finding parking companies that paid better than at his prior parking company. In the second month, his RPM was 188% better than when he was pointing to the one parking company. Of course, results will vary depending on traffic quality. But it just goes to show that you can’t lose by having AutoPilot maximize the competition for your traffic.

•••
Doesn't Maximizer turn you into a parking company?
No, we're not a parking company because we don't serve parked pages with cpc ads. If our zero click Maximizer system does not have a buyer for a given domain visitor, then our AutoPilot technology awards that visitor to the highest paying parking company. In a nutshell, we operate at a level above parking companies by making them compete for your traffic. Competition is good for your RPMs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back