Dynadot

information About swetha!

NameSilo
Watch

Benzehaf

Established Member
Impact
I wish everyone success, but we are always looking for the secrets of success. In your opinion, what makes Swetha sell at such high prices?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is totally inappropriate in the "Warnings and Alerts" section.

(And I don't think in any other section either, really.)

•••
Big impressive portfolio of 20k names and unlike most domainers that are fearful and will always be broke, she had no fear when she made the investment and HAS NO FEAR ASKING FAIR PRICES! You can't have six figure sales when you don't demand six figures for good names. A lot of people on here would be millionaires already if they knew how to price names. Instead they spend months finding a good name, they get the name, then become fearful and give the name to the first person that makes an offer. Shame when people put in work to be broke.

Less than 10 people probably price domains correctly, she is one of them. Others will never change and keep wasting time when they would make more money just collecting empty bottles and turning it in for the 5 cents.

•••
Big impressive portfolio of 20k names and unlike most domainers that are fearful and will always be broke, she had no fear when she made the investment and HAS NO FEAR ASKING FAIR PRICES! You can't have six figure sales when you don't demand six figures for good names. A lot of people on here would be millionaires already if they knew how to price names. Instead they spend months finding a good name, they get the name, then become fearful and give the name to the first person that makes an offer. Shame when people put in work to be broke.

Less than 10 people probably price domains correctly, she is one of them. Others will never change and keep wasting time when they would make more money just collecting empty bottles and turning it in for the 5 cents.
Swetha inspired me to start domaining seriously. I feel like she is the Rick Schwartz of my generation of domainers.

I was able to acquire a few great names in xyz which I’ve priced astronomically high (but the right price to relevant end users). We’ll see how it goes!

•••
She is successful because she sells the best names.

•••
I was skeptical of Swetha at first, but it seems like a great example of how to domain correctly. Large portfolio of single word premiums combined with excellent negotiation and customer relation skills.

•••
I wish everyone success, but we are always looking for the secrets of success. In your opinion, what makes Swetha sell at such high prices?

Brokers ( very good ) , a team , someone who supported / or behind . Who knows ? :unsure:
Good for her , personal wish success & to be honest i don't care
I care more to sell my domains

Last edited:
•••
This is totally inappropriate in the "Warnings and Alerts" section.

(And I don't think in any other section either, really.)

Yeah, I am not sure this thread really belongs, but it certainly does not belong in "Warning and Alerts".

You see the topic, you see the name, and you assume something bad. It is not really fair IMO.

Brad

•••
•••
got my only .xyz , hope xyz will be a special raceway!

•••
Great comment here.

Funny. I often give a lot of advice about pricing domains around here, in a certain entry level zone I fit in. It seems to work for others and it also works for me. In fact I'd be in issues right now without domaining profits as my other businesses have been hurt by economy swings lately. Got lot of followers as well here, sort of unwanted side effect. Well... I'm glad at least I can help - in the zone I work in and at the level I am. Which is nowhere near Swetha. But you know, still happy to bring home the bacon.

But this ain't about me - just mentioning where I am and come from so this makes sense.

I also know and admit I am not pricing domains correctly. Still have a looong road ahead there. Most of us do.

So it's a fun conundrum. Doing a good work apparently, (see my reported sales) but also knowing it's definitely not good enough. I'm a discount domainer, I know that my 4-figs are usually half price of what others charge. Have my reasons to do this though (long talk).

On the other hand, what should i expect. I sell 2-word com drops mostly. Hand regs, those that are not DC and live long enough so you can hand reg them (yeah, by hand). Far cry from the single-words Swetha registered years ago with foresight. I could price some domains much higher (where worth it), but I have no clue exactly how to do this with any sort of precision. That's still a hill to climb.

The great thing in this comment is "others will never change". Well, maybe. I'd say it starts by admitting it to yourself. Then you see progress - inevitably.

I have changed over the years, and I know I will change. Perhaps not as fast as I'd like, but it is what it is. Learned this in life, and it was a tough one to learn. Today, I embrace the change.

But it's tough. It starts with embracing the truth, which is a solid barrier you have to smash through. Then challenging yourself to do better. Sticking to that challenge. Also have the clarity to not minimize the little you might have accomplished so far - which would mean sabotaging yourself instead of making any kind of dang progress in this process.

I had my doubts in the past on Swetha, but not anymore. Figured out at some point it's legit and why they sell.

She just had the vision way before anyone else. Years before. Perhaps at some point she got lucky as well to get inspiration from some of her sales. Anyway. She figured it out: A proper, brandable replacement for .com extension. Now that it got mainstream accepted, she is obviously ruling this tld.

Skills? Well skills are always involved in domaining. Always. There are obviously things she does in a particular way ( that I or others might see... or not). Usually success comes from something you see and others don't - although it's in plain sight most often.

Today, I find her sales inspiring. And not as wishful, motivational stuff - but for concrete reasons. And also kind of annoying - because I can't match that. At least, not yet - perhaps some day I hope.

Not just by the numbers which is just one aspect. What I see in all that is inspiration and foresight, the guts to price higher and higher, and also the challenge is there. The one I mentioned above, that we all need to accept.

Unlike most of us, she's driving the domaining up, not down.

That's when fear goes away. Which is something I'm still working on, like most of us.

•••
Some of the great factors of her success comes by owning a huge portfolio and quality domains. It's a numbers game mixed with quality IMO.

•••
Some of the great factors of her success comes by owning a huge portfolio and quality domains. It's a numbers game mixed with quality IMO.

Yeah, it is not really magic. It is basically portfolio domaining.

It is what people like Mike Mann do. If you have a large enough portfolio of quality domains some will sell.

She bought a bunch of quality terms with standard renewals many years ago when there was basically no interest in .XYZ. She probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars renewing them, and years later the extension is far more popular especially with the Web3 field.

It is not really repeatable now, especially since the .XYZ registry put premium registration AND renewal prices on so many terms.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I had nettle tea today. Spearmint too. Picked both myself out in Enderby. Anyways, i type in nettle dot xÿx and it wont load. Says dan servers. Note the date she registered it. You people think she has owned everything since old days of the new G’s, dig deeper
Nettles xyz is less than year old. Who was everyone profiling when that got picked up?

•••
Question: Is Swetha the face of something bigger?
Meaning: Is she partnered with bigger players in the game we may or may not know of?
Meaning, are some names partly owned by others or do others with big connections get a commission of her sales?

Is this a solo act or is she just the face of something bigger?
Is she 100% transparent? (Not that she has to be).

Did she come in the game around 2020?
And did she somehow invest all her money into at that time xyz?
What prompted that risk?

I new to hearing about her... so i have to ask questions. The one question i asked, i got attacked about not posting questions in a certain section. So let me try again.

•••
Though I have questions, i admire whomever has the foresight and courage to risk going all in on a new extension. Because alot of times the majority of namepros userbase overlook certain extensions. Not that thats bad - it may be a safe bet to listen to experienced investors. However, what's more important is developing an investing strategy that works for you. Because someone's trash could be a goldmine for you.

But be wise... have something solid to justify your plan. With xyz, i did remember google using it.
That in itself was big. You have the biggest internet giant using an extension.
It's things like that you have to put over someone's comment on namepros or anywhere else.

Well done Swetha!

•••
Though I have questions, i admire whomever has the foresight and courage to risk going all in on a new extension. Because alot of times the majority of namepros userbase overlook certain extensions. Not that thats bad - it may be a safe bet to listen to experienced investors. However, what's more important is developing an investing strategy that works for you. Because someone's trash could be a goldmine for you.

But be wise... have something solid to justify your plan. With xyz, i did remember google using it.
That in itself was big. You have the biggest internet giant using an extension.
It's things like that you have to put over someone's comment on namepros or anywhere else.

Well done Swetha!

When you invest you have to factor in likelihoods.

The same story played out with investors thousands of other times in a negative way with other extensions, IDN, emoji domains, etc.

In this case it worked out, but it is an outlier still. That is why other people are not really able to repeat it.

You can't really argue with results though.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Obviously she had sales from the start with this big volume of names. But with the aid of web3, her underdogs turned into winners in a blink of an eye.

All stars aligned for her. She had also the ability to stay focused in her plan.

Last edited:
•••
a -5 for my post omg. Anonymous too
Making an impact lol
She told us the Booth brother was her partner, maybe people missed that. Their probably on the blower right now selling their wares. While we sit here and wonder how she does it.
Some people can sell ice to an Eskimo. The smartest ones take payment in moccasins and sell those for another 3x roi

•••
Great comment here.

Funny. I often give a lot of advice about pricing domains around here, in a certain entry level zone I fit in. It seems to work for others and it also works for me. In fact I'd be in issues right now without domaining profits as my other businesses have been hurt by economy swings lately. Got lot of followers as well here, sort of unwanted side effect. Well... I'm glad at least I can help - in the zone I work in and at the level I am. Which is nowhere near Swetha. But you know, still happy to bring home the bacon.

But this ain't about me - just mentioning where I am and come from so this makes sense.

I also know and admit I am not pricing domains correctly. Still have a looong road ahead there. Most of us do.

So it's a fun conundrum. Doing a good work apparently, (see my reported sales) but also knowing it's definitely not good enough. I'm a discount domainer, I know that my 4-figs are usually half price of what others charge. Have my reasons to do this though (long talk).

On the other hand, what should i expect. I sell 2-word com drops mostly. Hand regs, those that are not DC and live long enough so you can hand reg them (yeah, by hand). Far cry from the single-words Swetha registered years ago with foresight. I could price some domains much higher (where worth it), but I have no clue exactly how to do this with any sort of precision. That's still a hill to climb.

The great thing in this comment is "others will never change". Well, maybe. I'd say it starts by admitting it to yourself. Then you see progress - inevitably.

I have changed over the years, and I know I will change. Perhaps not as fast as I'd like, but it is what it is. Learned this in life, and it was a tough one to learn. Today, I embrace the change.

But it's tough. It starts with embracing the truth, which is a solid barrier you have to smash through. Then challenging yourself to do better. Sticking to that challenge. Also have the clarity to not minimize the little you might have accomplished so far - which would mean sabotaging yourself instead of making any kind of dang progress in this process.

I had my doubts in the past on Swetha, but not anymore. Figured out at some point it's legit and why they sell.

She just had the vision way before anyone else. Years before. Perhaps at some point she got lucky as well to get inspiration from some of her sales. Anyway. She figured it out: A proper, brandable replacement for .com extension. Now that it got mainstream accepted, she is obviously ruling this tld.

Skills? Well skills are always involved in domaining. Always. There are obviously things she does in a particular way ( that I or others might see... or not). Usually success comes from something you see and others don't - although it's in plain sight most often.

Today, I find her sales inspiring. And not as wishful, motivational stuff - but for concrete reasons. And also kind of annoying - because I can't match that. At least, not yet - perhaps some day I hope.

Not just by the numbers which is just one aspect. What I see in all that is inspiration and foresight, the guts to price higher and higher, and also the challenge is there. The one I mentioned above, that we all need to accept.

Unlike most of us, she's driving the domaining up, not down.

That's when fear goes away. Which is something I'm still working on, like most of us.
greaaaattttt

•••
This isn't a warning (nor an alert) that a domain investor is successful. She had the foresight to go for it, to build a grand portfolio, taking advantage of attractive renewal fees at the time...good on her

XYZ wasn't necessarily destined to find success, it could have gone south...I think people forget this. However, the fact that it has attracted interest and found some success (in certain niches here and there), now a portion of investors begin to wonder. I believe most of the questioning (and lets face it, a hint of envy) comes from those attempting to replicate / sell at similar prices today, but getting nowhere close. IMO

Last edited:
•••
This thread and threads in general when Swetha makes a sale is why i made a decision a couple of years ago to no longer report sales.

Success = jealously.
Jealously = negativity (people trying to tarnish your name and reputation).

Last edited:
•••
This thread and threads in general when Swetha makes a sale is why i made a decision a couple of years ago to no longer report sales.

Success = jealously.
Jealously = negativity (people trying to tarnish your name and reputation).

I agree. Success can bring jealousy but, I must admit we have never seen somebody sell at the rate she does. So people will have questions when something is out of the norm.

•••
Thank you very much to the Sweetha for the support of my family at the beginning of the war, through one of namepros user she handed to us $ 500. Thank you very much! We still remain in Ukraine due to the current situation we lost all in Mariupol and if Kramatorsk is occupied and there is no place to return (we have grandfathers apartments in Kramatorsk) we will have to go to Europe. F * * * ing war!

49f86b83d5.jpg

Swetha was bought the domain and returned it.

We would appreciate the help of good people during this very difficult time at Ukraine for our family: [email protected] (Paypal)

Last edited:
•••
All the conspiracy theory regarding Swetha's success doesn't matter.. What's commendable is her roaring success in .xyz extn. She started out early, had foresight, has huge portfolio of premium names, has faith, patience and calculated risk to hold on to names for longer period. And maybe she is still acquiring and registering dropped xyz names. She is an inspiration (y)

•••
Back