Dynadot

information About swetha!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Benzehaf

Established Member
Impact
I wish everyone success, but we are always looking for the secrets of success. In your opinion, what makes Swetha sell at such high prices?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Big impressive portfolio of 20k names and unlike most domainers that are fearful and will always be broke, she had no fear when she made the investment and HAS NO FEAR ASKING FAIR PRICES! You can't have six figure sales when you don't demand six figures for good names. A lot of people on here would be millionaires already if they knew how to price names. Instead they spend months finding a good name, they get the name, then become fearful and give the name to the first person that makes an offer. Shame when people put in work to be broke.

Less than 10 people probably price domains correctly, she is one of them. Others will never change and keep wasting time when they would make more money just collecting empty bottles and turning it in for the 5 cents.

•••
This is totally inappropriate in the "Warnings and Alerts" section.

(And I don't think in any other section either, really.)

•••
This thread and threads in general when Swetha makes a sale is why i made a decision a couple of years ago to no longer report sales.

Success = jealously.
Jealously = negativity (people trying to tarnish your name and reputation).

Last edited:
•••
I was skeptical of Swetha at first, but it seems like a great example of how to domain correctly. Large portfolio of single word premiums combined with excellent negotiation and customer relation skills.

•••
Thank you very much to the Sweetha for the support of my family at the beginning of the war, through one of namepros user she handed to us $ 500. Thank you very much! We still remain in Ukraine due to the current situation we lost all in Mariupol and if Kramatorsk is occupied and there is no place to return (we have grandfathers apartments in Kramatorsk) we will have to go to Europe. F * * * ing war!

49f86b83d5.jpg

Swetha was bought the domain and returned it.

We would appreciate the help of good people during this very difficult time at Ukraine for our family: [email protected] (Paypal)

Last edited:
•••
This is totally inappropriate in the "Warnings and Alerts" section.

(And I don't think in any other section either, really.)

Yeah, I am not sure this thread really belongs, but it certainly does not belong in "Warning and Alerts".

You see the topic, you see the name, and you assume something bad. It is not really fair IMO.

Brad

•••
For all the disbelievers who claim the sales are fake & don't resolve, here are some @DNGear sales from September 2021 to January 2022:

Spiral.xyz sold for $24888 & resolves (sold to twitter).
Alliance.xyz sold for $50000 & resolves/redirects.
Squid.xyz sold for $34888 & resolves.
Ante.xyz sold for $19888 & resolves/redirects to a discord server.
Daylight.xyz sold for $14888 & resolves.
Siren.xyz sold for $22310 & resolves.
Stir.xyz sold for $39888 & resolves/redirects.
Runway.xyz sold for $19888 & resolves/redirects to the .com.
Embed.xyz sold for $14888 & resolves to a coming soon lander.
Tribes.xyz sold for $4995 & resolves.
UpShot.xyz sold for $3995 & resolves.
OffBeat.xyz sold for $8988 & resolves.
Valence.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Supercool.xyz sold for $2995 & resolves.
Stratos.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Persuade.xyz sold for $2995 & resolves.
Soba.xyz sold for $4995 & resolves.
Zapper.xyz sold for $7888 & resolves.
Qualia.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Hypothesis.xyz sold for $7888 & resolves.

What these companies all have in common is they have a lot of VC/crypto money & are building products for web3/blockchain/metaverse/gen z. There are things called trends & as we saw with .io being adopted by SAAS companies since like 2013, we are seeing the same with .xyz for web3 companies..

Most of them are well known projects in the NFT/Crypto space so theories of fake sales are just plain stupid. Like you can literally view the public wallets of these projects and see millions in their crypto wallets. $50k is nothing in that space. People spend/lose 10x that in a day and don't flinch..

Even twitter bought spiral.xyz from her for like $24k and people are still doubting the sales lol..

It's literally not hard to understand if you conspiracy theorists stop being lazy with your research before making false accusations lol..

Last edited:
•••
Some of the great factors of her success comes by owning a huge portfolio and quality domains. It's a numbers game mixed with quality IMO.

•••
I wish everyone success, but we are always looking for the secrets of success. In your opinion, what makes Swetha sell at such high prices?

Brokers ( very good ) , a team , someone who supported / or behind . Who knows ? :unsure:
Good for her , personal wish success & to be honest i don't care
I care more to sell my domains

Last edited:
•••
•••
This isn't a warning (nor an alert) that a domain investor is successful. She had the foresight to go for it, to build a grand portfolio, taking advantage of attractive renewal fees at the time...good on her

XYZ wasn't necessarily destined to find success, it could have gone south...I think people forget this. However, the fact that it has attracted interest and found some success (in certain niches here and there), now a portion of investors begin to wonder. I believe most of the questioning (and lets face it, a hint of envy) comes from those attempting to replicate / sell at similar prices today, but getting nowhere close. IMO

Last edited:
•••
why your give me a-37

I think I was the first to openly dislike it, so I'll answer why I did.

You posted this under warnings and alerts. When I first read the title, I thought something was wrong like sales were fake or something along those lines. Nothing wrong with wanting to know the secrets behind someone's success, but posting it in the category you did felt like a bait and switch.

You sure did get a lot of people to check out your thread though. Not the first time someone has discussed her sales. Maybe out of this thread you'll learn something.

Last edited:
•••
Thread moved.

We apologize for the delay; the only section we’re unable to move threads to or from is the “Warnings and Alerts” section, as that has caused issues for NamePros in the past, but thanks to community reports about this thread, we were able to get it moved.

We hope that helps.

•••
Big impressive portfolio of 20k names and unlike most domainers that are fearful and will always be broke, she had no fear when she made the investment and HAS NO FEAR ASKING FAIR PRICES! You can't have six figure sales when you don't demand six figures for good names. A lot of people on here would be millionaires already if they knew how to price names. Instead they spend months finding a good name, they get the name, then become fearful and give the name to the first person that makes an offer. Shame when people put in work to be broke.

Less than 10 people probably price domains correctly, she is one of them. Others will never change and keep wasting time when they would make more money just collecting empty bottles and turning it in for the 5 cents.
Swetha inspired me to start domaining seriously. I feel like she is the Rick Schwartz of my generation of domainers.

I was able to acquire a few great names in xyz which I’ve priced astronomically high (but the right price to relevant end users). We’ll see how it goes!

•••
Great comment here.

Funny. I often give a lot of advice about pricing domains around here, in a certain entry level zone I fit in. It seems to work for others and it also works for me. In fact I'd be in issues right now without domaining profits as my other businesses have been hurt by economy swings lately. Got lot of followers as well here, sort of unwanted side effect. Well... I'm glad at least I can help - in the zone I work in and at the level I am. Which is nowhere near Swetha. But you know, still happy to bring home the bacon.

But this ain't about me - just mentioning where I am and come from so this makes sense.

I also know and admit I am not pricing domains correctly. Still have a looong road ahead there. Most of us do.

So it's a fun conundrum. Doing a good work apparently, (see my reported sales) but also knowing it's definitely not good enough. I'm a discount domainer, I know that my 4-figs are usually half price of what others charge. Have my reasons to do this though (long talk).

On the other hand, what should i expect. I sell 2-word com drops mostly. Hand regs, those that are not DC and live long enough so you can hand reg them (yeah, by hand). Far cry from the single-words Swetha registered years ago with foresight. I could price some domains much higher (where worth it), but I have no clue exactly how to do this with any sort of precision. That's still a hill to climb.

The great thing in this comment is "others will never change". Well, maybe. I'd say it starts by admitting it to yourself. Then you see progress - inevitably.

I have changed over the years, and I know I will change. Perhaps not as fast as I'd like, but it is what it is. Learned this in life, and it was a tough one to learn. Today, I embrace the change.

But it's tough. It starts with embracing the truth, which is a solid barrier you have to smash through. Then challenging yourself to do better. Sticking to that challenge. Also have the clarity to not minimize the little you might have accomplished so far - which would mean sabotaging yourself instead of making any kind of dang progress in this process.

I had my doubts in the past on Swetha, but not anymore. Figured out at some point it's legit and why they sell.

She just had the vision way before anyone else. Years before. Perhaps at some point she got lucky as well to get inspiration from some of her sales. Anyway. She figured it out: A proper, brandable replacement for .com extension. Now that it got mainstream accepted, she is obviously ruling this tld.

Skills? Well skills are always involved in domaining. Always. There are obviously things she does in a particular way ( that I or others might see... or not). Usually success comes from something you see and others don't - although it's in plain sight most often.

Today, I find her sales inspiring. And not as wishful, motivational stuff - but for concrete reasons. And also kind of annoying - because I can't match that. At least, not yet - perhaps some day I hope.

Not just by the numbers which is just one aspect. What I see in all that is inspiration and foresight, the guts to price higher and higher, and also the challenge is there. The one I mentioned above, that we all need to accept.

Unlike most of us, she's driving the domaining up, not down.

That's when fear goes away. Which is something I'm still working on, like most of us.

•••
How many more threads about this do we need?

Everything to be said about it has been said already.

It's not rocket science people...

•••
You must be getting tired of this bs @DNGear

•••
its actually very simple. If Swetha came out of nowhere and suddenly invested thousands of dollars renewing thousands of names hoping for a miracle, that's kind of suspicious.
Has Swetha any sales record before 2015? if she doesn't have any record, its market manipulation, If she has , then she is truly the Queen of xyz.
@swetha
P s I would bet the downvoting comes from those that registered brandable xyzs and are ready to drop them 😊
You really don’t know a damn thing about this topic do you? Xyz STARTED in June 2014.
You expected her to sell fresh regs immediately for high dollar or ANY amount?

I remember people making fun of her and her xyz collection in 2017 when I got here. That didn’t stop her and now she is having the last laugh.

All you bitter guys instead of trying to tear her success down maybe oh go be a success yourself. Its much easier to sit on a forum and claim the market is manipulated.

Just because some of you can’t sell to those levels doesn’t mean no one can. The sales have been verified and proven.

•••
Despite all her sales, shared screenshots from Afternic, Sedo, Dan, verified by DN Journal and so on, it seems that every now and then, a "nobody" in the field will appear questioning her sales and success . Never mind that many top investors give her credit and congratulate on her success.

Who's on Twitter knows at least 3-4 very well known and respected, big investors who bought a .xyz for low xxx and sold it for xx,xxx. The big difference is that all these big investors were late to the .xyz game. Some of them bettd on .mobi, and they lost. Others betted on .io or .co, and they won. But it was a long bet.

Swetha betted her money on .xyz. And it seems she was lucky, .xyz got traction, and therefore you see such amazing sales today. And when she betted on .xyz, nobody was there to guarantee her that this extension will not be just another .mobi

Take her top 10 sales, and replace .xyz with .io or .co. But keep the sale price. Would you believe that byte.io can sell for 6 figs? I do.

It's just a change in the market, .xyz seems to have great success now in the NFT, Crypto, DEFI area. And such companies have money. But nobody knows what the trend will be in the next 2 years...

•••
Obviously she had sales from the start with this big volume of names. But with the aid of web3, her underdogs turned into winners in a blink of an eye.

All stars aligned for her. She had also the ability to stay focused in her plan.

Last edited:
•••
Some of the great factors of her success comes by owning a huge portfolio and quality domains. It's a numbers game mixed with quality IMO.

Yeah, it is not really magic. It is basically portfolio domaining.

It is what people like Mike Mann do. If you have a large enough portfolio of quality domains some will sell.

She bought a bunch of quality terms with standard renewals many years ago when there was basically no interest in .XYZ. She probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars renewing them, and years later the extension is far more popular especially with the Web3 field.

It is not really repeatable now, especially since the .XYZ registry put premium registration AND renewal prices on so many terms.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Couldn't agree more, its getting old

•••
I don't think so.

Anyone with any history in the field know people like Mike Mann (and others) frequently have their reported sales questioned.

Brad

Sales questioned, yes, but folks haven't suggested any conspiracy behind the sales of Mike Mann (or others) involving other Oz-like people behind dark curtains, pulling strings, etc.

•••
Question: Is Swetha the face of something bigger?
Meaning: Is she partnered with bigger players in the game we may or may not know of?
Meaning, are some names partly owned by others or do others with big connections get a commission of her sales?

Is this a solo act or is she just the face of something bigger?
Is she 100% transparent? (Not that she has to be).

Did she come in the game around 2020?
And did she somehow invest all her money into at that time xyz?
What prompted that risk?

I new to hearing about her... so i have to ask questions. The one question i asked, i got attacked about not posting questions in a certain section. So let me try again.

•••

Its so tiresome. This has to be thread 872 on the same topic. Why its allowed I don’t know. People need to worry about their own sales instead of hers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back