Dynadot

About Dotster/RegistrarAds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I'm following big domain holders actions to confirm the previous months trend that i suspect will lead to continuous selling pressure in the short domain segment until the next year, as the (real) economy struggles to get up on its feet.

More and more big domain owners are wanting to raise capital fast as domain prices fall and everyone runs to the exit doors (fear for some, opportunity to others).

In this context, enters RegistrarAds and Dotster.

I never trully understood the role of this company/entity and the connection to Dotster. A few years ago they use the Revenue Direct name and today they still use Revenue Direct as nameservers.

I found out this interesting complain from Neiman Marcus on the internet (go to page 4,5 and 6):

http://seattletrademarklawyer.com/storage/Neiman Marcus v. Dotster - Mot for Prelim Inj.pdf

As i see more and more short domains (CCC.com, NNNN.com, etc) from them get to auction on SnapNames, the prefered partner, i'm now interested in understanding better who their are.

For instance, some domains that have value even in todays market went directly from normal status to pending delete status, that is, they were intentional deleted:

0495.com (had been renewed until 2010)
2481.com ("")
2487.com ("")
4a4.com ("")
0656.com
2481.com
17p.com (registered until 21-Jul-2009)
2508.com (registered until 5-Jun-2009)

So, can anyone enlighten me about this dynamic duo RegistrarAds/Dotster?

regards,
tonecas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
some domains are going to NameJet...

are these guys been pushed to drop their domains or is this a way to not let SnapNames get the domains easily (as SnapNames has Dotster as one of its prefered partners)?

very curious...

regards,
tonecas

•••
I'd like to know as well, i have been watching some names i inteded to bid on, and had to check many times if the names really are going to drop, cause in whois shows it has still many months left.

•••
I'd like to know as well, i have been watching some names i inteded to bid on, and had to check many times if the names really are going to drop, cause in whois shows it has still many months left.

it is the same on my side dalBono, besides wanting to understand who these guys are.

some domains were renewed and set to be on auction at SnapNames but suddenly they went to pending delete. this has scattered them through NameJet and Pool.

RegistarAds owns a big portfolio of short domains ranging from LLL.NET, LLL.ORG, CCC.COM, NNNN.COM, etc.

And they have been puting many of them on auction.

regards,
tonecas

•••
it is the same on my side dalBono, besides wanting to understand who these guys are.

some domains were renewed and set to be on auction at SnapNames but suddenly they went to pending delete. this has scattered them through NameJet and Pool.

RegistarAds owns a big portfolio of short domains ranging from LLL.NET, LLL.ORG, CCC.COM, NNNN.COM, etc.

And they have been puting many of them on auction.

regards,
tonecas

clear.gif

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back