Dan.com

A Loss: About To Buy a Domain And Then It Was Gone – Stories Of Being Too Slow

Dynadot Dynadot

Esraa

Established Member
Impact
How many times you were too close to reg. a great domain name and then!
Your creditcard is EMPTY!
And then,it was gone! :D

2 0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Contributor
Impact
Jah Will Provide! For i and i. :xf.cool: :cigar::-P:xf.wink::xf.grin:Rastafarai!

One door closes. Another one opens.

Last edited:

moe

EstablishedTop Contributor
Impact
It could be worst, much worst, your account is topped up with funds and you find a great .com domain available, by the time you logged-in it's gone and registrar offers you "the truly global" .co version!! been there

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Contributor
Impact
Borrowing from Tom to pay Dick (registrars:xf.wink:) is never a good way to domaining.

pinkdragon

Established Member
Impact
Guess what?

This morning, I see sceos.com available for reg. Both .INFO and .ORG taken, both redirecting to the same .DE company. No money on the card ... so few hours later I went to the bank to add some funds. Came back to the computer, to register the name. It was taken ... and it is listed now @Sedo for $ 5,000.

Esraa

Established Member
Impact

Esraa

Established Member
Impact
It could be worst, much worst, your account is topped up with funds and you find a great .com domain available, by the time you logged-in it's gone and registrar offers you "the truly global" .co version!! been there
Oh my heart haha

Esraa

Established Member
Impact

Esraa

Established Member
Impact
Guess what?

This morning, I see sceos.com available for reg. Both .INFO and .ORG taken, both redirecting to the same .DE company. No money on the card ... so few hours later I went to the bank to add some funds. Came back to the computer, to register the name. It was taken ... and it is listed now @Sedo for $ 5,000.

Oh what a loss
But believe it's never meant to be for you

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Contributor
Impact
Please don't remind me that feeling. Is the worst condition, especially if the domain is superb. Latest lost domain: pffff i will not refer it, my heart is breaking....

Kuffy

Name StagTop Contributor
Impact
Just as an aside - I'm told that to keep a good credit rating you should keep your credit card below 30% of your credit limit.

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Contributor
Impact

imadoer

Top Member
Impact
Unless your predicting the future i dont think its possible to register a great domain these days. But all Jokes aside it sucks when u get sniped for a name

Last edited:

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Contributor
Impact
Happened to me a couple of months ago. I was surprised. It's so rare. Anyway, I was going to reg this domain...
RoadHouseHomes(com) and by the time I got out of the shower and got back to my computer, it was gone.

You can check the whois. The guys last name happened to be RoadHouse. :)

Want2learn

Top Contributor
Impact
With an Amex you don't have that problem :xf.wink:
Geez don't I know . . . may be time to replace Amex with Discover so I don't have as much freedom and buying power;)

Want2learn

Top Contributor
Impact
Unless your predicting the future i dont think its possible to register a great domain these days. But all Jokes aside it sucks when u get sniped for a name
Found 3,192 available domains ending with "snipe"
AllSnipe
DigitalSnipe
OnlineSnipe
MrSnipe $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;)
LiveSnipe
TravelSnipe
GetSnipe
MobileSnipe
LoveSnipe
ShopSnipe
BioSnipe
RealSnipe
WorldSnipe
OpenSnipe
ThinkSnipe

toughdomains

Top Contributor
Impact
everyday i find names for hundreds and thousands i want to scoop up but just not enough funds. there are still lots of amazing domains from hand reg to wholesale. gotta love the game..

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Contributor
Impact
Guess what?

Does not mean it will sell for that amount, don't stress that kind of scenario (LOL ...until you see it actually sell that is)