Domain Empire

A little respect with sellers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Salai Domains

Account Closed
Impact
Hi friends! How are you today?

I'm writing this post because in most part of time I'm selling here at Namepros. I know that so many are doing the same thing here, and I feel that most of us have the same feeling that me.

We sellers always are clicking at the section of Namepros called "Request Domains" at "Market Place". There we can find a lot of possible buyers asking for domains (WTB).

So we sellers, get the names form our list, we clicked at the name, we start a conversation, and no one answer us. Some buyers, sometimes, writing at the Request "I will only answer if I like"

So I have one question for all, Do you like to offer anything for somebody and the other guy ignore you?

Please show a little respect for us the sellers, just say "No I don't want your domains, thank you" (Copy paste from here.) It's easier for everyone and show respect in the trade.

This is just my opinion, I don't own the truth. I know the buyers receive a LOT of PM's when they post a thread asking for domains, but a simple answer changes everything.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Dineshkp yes, I've tried to help and now it's a debate...

But I believe that we could get a good improvements with this thread

•••
This has turned out to be a debate. It was supposed to be a suggestion/improvement thread :/
I think the discussion between myself and photonmymind added invaluable resource to the thread as it showed thoughts and ideas from both sides of the fence, and outlined clearly pros and cons for both sellers and buyers.

1. Sellers would like to receive closure to know where they stand (ie "Don't want the domain(s), thanks")
  2. Sellers shouldn't expect a reply if they posted way outside the buyer's listed criteria
  3. Buyers don't realistically have time to reply to everyone (idea was proposed to make it simpler with a link/button to click to instant PM "No thanks")
  4. Some sellers (with photonmymind as a representative) do not care if they receive a reply or not

•••
It seems I have to repeat it once more.

I am BOTH seller and buyer, I understand both sides of the story and I made it very clear since post number 1.

We are both buyers and sellers therefore should understand both sides of the negotiation process.

Thanks.

•••
I only respond to a few people when I receive messages. If you've taken 10 seconds to bang out a message, gave me domains I didn't ask for, or linked me to a list of 5k domains... you certainly shouldn't expect a message back.

•••
Another simple idea would be to have our PMs to buyers show as "read by recipient" when the buyer has seen it. That way we know they've at least read it, and can assume without a reply they're not interested.

I know that presumption is not 100% accurate and sometimes they might be thinking about it, for a day, but as they have a wanted thread they're actively looking for names, and so is likely they'll usually reply promptly if they read a PM with something they want.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back