Dynadot

A little respect with sellers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Salai Domains

Account Closed
Impact
Hi friends! How are you today?

I'm writing this post because in most part of time I'm selling here at Namepros. I know that so many are doing the same thing here, and I feel that most of us have the same feeling that me.

We sellers always are clicking at the section of Namepros called "Request Domains" at "Market Place". There we can find a lot of possible buyers asking for domains (WTB).

So we sellers, get the names form our list, we clicked at the name, we start a conversation, and no one answer us. Some buyers, sometimes, writing at the Request "I will only answer if I like"

So I have one question for all, Do you like to offer anything for somebody and the other guy ignore you?

Please show a little respect for us the sellers, just say "No I don't want your domains, thank you" (Copy paste from here.) It's easier for everyone and show respect in the trade.

This is just my opinion, I don't own the truth. I know the buyers receive a LOT of PM's when they post a thread asking for domains, but a simple answer changes everything.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I completely understand what you mean and agree with you for the most part.

The problem is that this issue goes both ways. Many times a buyer posts EXACTLY what he/she is looking for and will get many replies that are clearly NOT what the potential buyer requested.

As an example, a buyer posts that they are looking for a LLLL.com and then sellers will post their LLLL.net and other domains that are clearly NOT what the potential buyer posted that they were looking for.

So basically what I am saying is that both sellers and buyers should both follow requests that are what a buyer is wanting and only post domains that fall into what is requested. However, I agree that is is respectful for a buyer to also reply back to a seller and say "Thanks, but I am not interested at this time" or something else similar.

Both buyers AND sellers need to work on their forum/community postings and replies in this matter.

•••
I completely understand what you mean and agree with you for the most part.

The problem is that this issue goes both ways. Many times a buyer posts EXACTLY what he/she is looking for and will get many replies that are clearly NOT what the potential buyer requested.

As an example, a buyer posts that they are looking for a LLLL.com and then sellers will post their LLLL.net and other domains that are clearly NOT what the potential buyer posted that they were looking for.

So basically what I am saying is that both sellers and buyers should both follow requests that are what a buyer is wanting and only post domains that fall into what is requested. However, I agree that is is respectful for a buyer to also reply back to a seller and say "Thanks, but I am not interested at this time" or something else similar.

Both buyers AND sellers need to work on their forum/community postings and replies in this matter.
Ok I agree with you, but even when the seller send a PM with wrong domains, why not say "No I don't want your domains, thank you" ?
I always respect and send exactly the domains, or I ask before to sent if they don't meet the criteria.

I think say "no thank you" show respect.

Think about: you are in a shoe store, You ask for a black shoe ok? and the seller, of the shoe store, brings to you a white shoe... You ignore him? or you say no thank you I didn't ask for this?

•••
Ok I agree with you, but even when the seller send a PM with wrong domains, why not say "No I don't want your domains, thank you" ?
I always respect and send exactly the domains, or I ask before to sent if they don't meet the criteria.

Think about: you are in a shoe store, You ask for a black shoe ok? and the seller, of the shoe store, brings to you a white shoe... You ignore him? or you say no thank you I didn't ask for this?
I agree with you but we also need to consider that not everyone is doing this full time. Maybe they are too busy with other stuff.

•••
I agree with you but we also need to consider that not everyone is doing this full time. Maybe they are too busy with other stuff.
You got a point @Kenn DN , but you agree with me in some point of his day he will answer back right?

•••
I know this happens a lot. I never send a PM when I know my domains dont meet the required criteria. One certain, user, I sent him EXACTLY what he wanted and he never answered. I got an offer for the names i sent him and AGAIN contacted him and he said No I dont want ...maybe if they were cheaper. He didnt even counter!

That user posts a lot of request and after that TIME , I never even bother to contact him.

Seen a couple of other users who did the same thing too.

So I feel most of those posting are not actually serious about what they want.

Even if a seller send you domains that dont meet the criteria, as a buyer, you STILL should show some sort of respect and seriousness and tell the seller NO , these domains dont meet the criteria I wrote. Please read the post again and get back to me if you have domains that meet my demands.

It is not big deal.

•••
and guys, is just my opinion, I don't own the truth. Please don't be mad with me

•••
•••
I know this happens a lot. I never send a PM when I know my domains dont meet the required criteria. One certain, user, I sent him EXACTLY what he wanted and he never answered. I got an offer for the names i sent him and AGAIN contacted him and he said No I dont want ...maybe if they were cheaper. He didnt even counter!

That use postst a lot of request and after that TIME , I never even bother to contact him.

Seem a couple of other users who did the same thing too.

So I feel most of those posting are not actually serious about what they want.

Even if a seller send you domains that dont meet the criteria, as a buyer, you STILL should show some sort of respect and seriousness and tell the seller NO , these domains dont meet the criteria I wrote. Please read the post again and get back to me if you have domains that meet my demands.

It is not big deal.
@Abdullah Abdullah IS EXACTLY THIS!!! Thank you!

•••
For practical reasons, it is very time-consuming to answer to everyone when you receive many dozens of proposals (because buyers are more rare than sellers), and for my tastes it is also pointess and time-wasting. I do not expect an answer neither when I am a seller, nor when I am a bargaining buyer. Especially when that buyer / seller states clearly "if I do not answer - then I am not interested". When I am the seller, I am trying to answer to proporals that were exactly what I asked for, if I have time. But, being sent the domains that you did not ask for is a burden, time wasting and disrespect to the buyer. If that warrants an answer, that answer would not be very civil and kind. When I am a seller, I tend to include a time limit for my offers, so that I do not need to wait for an answer. "These prices are vaild for 5 days" or something like that.

•••

That's good of you and that's how it should be. However, in a forum community like ours with people from around the world interacting, There are many reasons why proper replies don't happen.

1. Sometimes people are not English speakers and will reply with what they think is right, or translated for them on the web.

2. People are busy and reply with short replies because they are doing other things.

3. Someone might be having a bad day and they are just short or not as polite as they should be.

4. They might really just be a sour little person who is just rude and not the polite type as you, I and many others are.

I kindly tell him that I wanted a "Black" shoe, so can you please go back and get me a black one. I also tell him that if he comes back out with another "White" shoe then my current shoe that I am wearing is going to have an introduction to his back side! LOL
kick+butt.jpg

•••
It's a point @Nerevar but as I told you... But imagine the scene that I describe about shoe store. You ask for a Nike tennis white and pink, and the seller brings white and black, you ignore him? Or when you ask for a food at restaurant, and other many examples. I believe in one thing... Say no thank you doesn't kill anyone...

•••

This is simply not true. Answering "No thanks" takes 5 seconds.

I have stopped sending domains to buyers who won't respond.

•••
For practical reasons, it is very time-consuming to answer to everyone when you receive many dozens of proposals (because buyers are more rare than sellers), and for my tastes it is also pointess and time-wasting. I do not expect an answer neither when I am a seller, nor when I am a bargaining buyer. Especially when that buyer / seller states clearly "if I do not answer - then I am not interested". When I am the seller, I am trying to answer to proporals that were exactly what I asked for, if I have time. But, being sent the domains that you did not ask for is a burden, time wasting and disrespect to the buyer. If that warrants an answer, that answer would not be very civil and kind. When I am a seller, I tend to include a time limit for my offers, so that I do not need to wait for an answer. "These prices are vaild for 5 days" or something like that.

You said it is time consuming... I get it.... but dont the buyer OPEN and read All the PMs they get? If the answer to that question is YES, the why does it take time to say ....NO..Not interested. or even Just NO. It is not justifiable to actually say it takes time. I worked as an HR officer and I was obliged to check each and every CV I received so it is not big deal. \

•••
@ulterios this image LOL

Well guys, Is just What I'm feeling. Everyone likes a feedback...

•••
This is simply not true. Answering "No thanks" takes 5 seconds.

I have stopped sending domains to buyers who won't respond.
Thank YOU.. I have done the same. Some even post DAILY, and I know my domains meet their criteria but I ignore.

•••
•••
Sometimes, I feel those posting that they are looking for domains just like to see what you got so that they can brainstorm. I know one guy I sent domains and the very next day, I saw him having a domain in his signiture that was very similar to mine. I checked and saw that he registered less than 24 hours.

•••
@ulterios this image LOL

Well guys, Is just What I'm feeling. Everyone likes a feedback...
I completely understand you and I have been there on several times. I know that dealing with people over the internet just isn't as easy as it is face to face. Sometimes everyone will experience something here or on any other website and just get frustrated by how others act. I would be nice if there was a code that people must follow on the internet but that's just not going to ever happen.

I understand your frustration and know that feeling of dealing with both buyers and sellers that just don't do things the same way as you and I.

Take care and good luck with your sales. :)

•••
i never made any sale from domains wanted section. i never made reply other than requirements / wanted area -_-

i stopped to visit wanted section now. Lot of troll happening like @Abdullah Abdullah said. people who are all lazy to find the keyword, they just start thread and took similar domain names. JMO.

Very few genuine buyers out there. I only submit my domains to the people that i dealed before.

Last edited:
•••
@ramkumaritrvs I'm not troll and I'm good seller lol you can trade with me anytime :)

•••
I dont see anything wrong in ignoring a seller who doesnt follow simple requirements/criterias.

So i try as much as possible to only send domains to buyers i meet their requirement, yet most of them never deem it fit to reciprocate the gesture of taking time to send domain list by at least replying with a "no thanks", hence i've also decided to ignore most of them unserious buyers and trolls, no biggie as simple as that.

Cos it seems most of them only want ideas for whatever only them knows.

•••
It's a point @Nerevar but as I told you... But imagine the scene that I describe about shoe store. You ask for a Nike tennis white and pink, and the seller brings white and black, you ignore him? Or when you ask for a food at restaurant, and other many examples. I believe in one thing... Say no thank you doesn't kill anyone...

Hmm, not really. Imagine you are in a restaurant and you say 'bring me a tomato soup please and nothing else, I have $30 bucks to spend". Immidiately you are surrounded by 20 waiters who scream "here, take my fish soup, only $500", "take my pastry", "look in this menu", and so no. My head is dizzy and I walk away, looking for a more quiet restaurant.

•••
•••
I dont see anything wrong in ignoring a seller who doesnt follow simple requirements/criterias.

So i try as much as possible to only send domains to buyers i meet their requirement, yet most of them never deem it fit to reciprocate the gesture of taking time to send domain list by at least replying with a "no thanks", hence i've also decided to ignore most of them unserious buyers and trolls, no biggie as simple as that.

Cos it seems most of them only want ideas for whatever only them knows.
Ok friend. So I'd like to see you in one of the examples that I said, you ask for anything in one store and the seller brings other to you, you leave the store without a word.... but ok I respect

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back