IT.COM

status-resolved Rules against sellers charging transaction fee's : Not Equitable

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
Hi

Gonna lay out a thought, as logically as possible, and I hope you all can follow

I have noticed that, members who post advertisements and solicitations for other members to use their services, are allowed to charge "commission and processing fee's in addition to other costs that they can conceive of", which are not limited by Namepros.

However,domain sellers, other the other hand, are "not permitted" to even "ask buyers" to pay fees for Paypal or Escrow transactions.

This, on it's own is biased and not equitable.

As it favors those who can "create" a entity "outside of namepros" which potentially allows them to capitalize financially, but without having the "same restrictions in the freedom to apply fees and or including commissions and miscellaneous costs, in association with transactions."

When I first joined NP, there was no such restriction, as you can view my past sales post to verify.

It has since been changed, but imo, should be changed back to give sellers the option to ask buyers to pay fees and give buyers the option to pay the fee, if they wish.

It has been suggested to me specifically that I should include fee in price, however I feel that Namepros, should not be in the business of "advising" sellers how to price their names, when they are not in the business of advising others, how to structure their fees.

So, basically in that respect, I want equality

Sellers Lives Matter!
dwjr 3/23/17

imo...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NP should not be involved in how the fees will be paid whether Escrow, Paypal or something else as long as it's agreed between the Seller and Buyer.

•••
•••
This has been fought out before in other threads including the one johname posted above.

Namepros staff have contributed to previous discussions extensively.

If I remember rightly, the rule exists to attract buyers (feel free to correct me). The marketplace is indeed saturated with sellers but imho domain quality is the main impediment to buyers and not fees.

•••
In addition to the thread that @johname provided, here's the most important thread on this topic:
This is the rule:
  • 6.1.7. Sellers are responsible for paying all transaction fees. Sellers should take fees into consideration when choosing sale prices or starting bids. Multiple sale prices and multiple starting bids may be set based on specific criteria. Learn why. No hidden fees may be assessed on a deal or sales listing by either party.

Rule 6.1.7 applies to all listings in the marketplace.

I have noticed that, members who post advertisements and solicitations for other members to use their services, are allowed to charge "commission and processing fee's in addition to other costs that they can conceive of", which are not limited by Namepros.
Where is this? This must be outdated and we'll need to update it. A search for it did not turn up any results.

However,domain sellers, other the other hand, are "not permitted" to even "ask buyers" to pay fees for Paypal or Escrow transactions.
You're allowed to ask. The rule means that you're not allowed to require, because sellers are responsible for the fees. We've mentioned in other threads that if the buyer wants to pay them, then they're more than welcome to pay them.

Hope that helps,

•••
This is the rule:
  • 6.1.7. Sellers are responsible for paying all transaction fees. Sellers should take fees into consideration when choosing sale prices or starting bids. Multiple sale prices and multiple starting bids may be set based on specific criteria. Learn why. No hidden fees may be assessed on a deal or sales listing by either party.

Rule 6.1.7 applies to all listings in the marketplace.

Where is this? This must be outdated and we'll need to update it. A search for it did not turn up any results.

You're allowed to ask. The rule means that you're not allowed to require, because sellers are responsible for the fees. We've mentioned in other threads that if the buyer wants to pay them, then they're more than welcome to pay them.

Hope that helps,

Hi Eric

yes, it helps some, but there's a contradiction.

if you say that sellers are allowed to "ask" buyers to pay fees, then rule 6.1.7 above, is contrary to that, as stated.

since buyers here at namepros consider this a resellers venue, and seek to purchase at, or below "current market values" ...the sellers who offer names for sale here, are already discounting pricing to attract buyers.

so that alone, should be reason enough to allow them to ask or post that "buyer pay fees", to increase the net amount of their roi, if any.

as for that "search result", check pm

Appreciate your reply!

imo....

•••
I understand. However, it's not a contradiction, because sellers are responsible but buyers have the choice of relieving the sellers of that responsibility, if they so choose. For example, I've seen a negotiation where a buyer was competing against another buyer for the same domain and offered to pay the fees. That lead the seller to go with that buyer. It's a tool that buyers can use if they so choose.

We've decided that for the future of NamePros and the industry as a whole, it's best that sellers incorporate those fees into their sales pricing. I know it's not a popular decision and it's not as convenient for sellers, but we believe it is for the best to bring value to both sellers and buyers. Sellers will have more buyers as a result of this, now or in the future. Trust us. ;)

•••
so, in my sales thread, can i post:

"buyers can pay paypal or escrow fees if they wish"

or

i'll be more likely to accept your offer, if you offer to pay transaction fees"

imo...

•••
"buyers can pay paypal or escrow fees if they wish"
Yes.

i'll be more likely to accept your offer, if you offer to pay transaction fees"
No, because that would be coercion. However, that statement can still be true (You can accept an offer based on that), you just can't use that preference of yours to coerce buyers into paying fees. ;)

•••
:)

one out of two ain't bad

i'll implement asap!

Thanks

•••
The thing that I don't understand is:

1. This is the only forum that enforce that rules
2. There is no relationship between NP and Paypal or Escrow so why don't you just let the transaction handle by buyer/seller?

Let it lose to make it a more friendly forum.

•••
NamePros will help lead the way to a better and more prosperous industry. We're working on many projects to achieve that. This rule would be needed sooner or later, and sooner is better. We're going to be doing many things first. Stay tuned. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back