A goodbye post.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

There are 2 things that I think are worth emphasizing before I go:
  1. This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.
  2. There are too many domain "gods." Sure, they have made some money but look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap. Stop following and start leading.

So if you want a free piece of advice or would like to know about my hopes, dreams, and aspirations... post below. I'm an open book.

Otherwise, it's been fun.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You've been one of the great personalities around in the domain industry. The contribution that you've put forth will always leave a distinctive mark in the domaining history for ages.

Well then, good luck Shane... back to the future! :)

•••
You've been one of the great personalities around in the domain industry. The contribution that you've put forth will always leave a distinctive mark in the domaining history for ages.

Well then, good luck Shane... back to the future! :)

That means a lot. Thank you.

•••
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

There are 2 things that I think are worth emphasizing before I go:
  1. This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.
  2. There are too many domain "gods." Sure, they have made some money but look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap. Stop following and start leading.

So if you want a free piece of advice or would like to know about my hopes, dreams, and aspirations... post below. I'm an open book.

Otherwise, it's been fun.

I know you will succeed.
What about the subscription service at bellone ? Will it be gone too?

•••
I know you will succeed.
What about the subscription service at bellone ? Will it be gone too?

Just closed it down. Refunding those who were currently subscribed. Try to close out as quickly as possible, which also means selling off a bunch of names.

•••
Just closed it down. Refunding those who were currently subscribed. Try to close out as quickly as possible, which also means selling off a bunch of names.

Right I see, I guess you have seen something better that your prefer to invest your time into.

•••
Right I see, I guess you have seen something better that your prefer to invest your time into.

Yes, I like branding. I'm going to get my other business off the ground and pursue that full-time. I will be working with website owners and businesses. Should be a lot of fun!

•••
Yes, I like branding. I'm going to get my other business off the ground and pursue that full-time. I will be working with website owners and businesses. Should be a lot of fun!

Already sounds like lots of fun to me :)

•••
You're full of surprises buddy :xf.smile:

But...Do you think you can just "quit domaining" ? It's not that simple LOL but let's see !

Best of luck with your new endeavors anyway !

PS : Do you think domaining is dying ? :xf.grin:

•••
Sad to know you are saying goodbye to domain business. Was it the recent slump in domain market that made you to take the decision to quit?. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

•••
You're full of surprises buddy :xf.smile:

But...Do you think you can just "quit domaining" ? It's not that simple LOL but let's see !

Best of luck with your new endeavors anyway !

PS : Do you think domaining is dying ? :xf.grin:

Thanks!

I do not think domaining is sustainable in the longterm. I think the market is getting worse and regulation will be coming just like it has with bitcoin. There are too many ways to funnel money out of the country for the government to allow it to continue the way it has been.

•••

Is it a Bachelors in Business related field that you would be completing this year?

•••
Sad to know you are saying goodbye to domain business. Was it the recent slump in domain market that made you to take the decision to quit?. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Thanks. I've been in a slump but it has more to do with losing my passion. You have to love what you do!

•••
Is it a Bachelors in Business related field that you would be completing this year?

Bachelor's in communication and starting a master's in organizational communication.

•••
•••
•••
•••
This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.

This is a problem with every investment-based industry. It's not just limited to domaining. I don't think that should be anyone's sole reason for leaving, but I understand you have several reasons.

Your presence will certainly be missed on this forum.

•••
This is a problem with every investment-based industry. It's not just limited to domaining. I don't think that should be anyone's sole reason for leaving, but I understand you have several reasons.

Your presence will certainly be missed on this forum.

It's definitely not my only reason but I'm more interested in finding a life-long path. Otherwise, I feel like I'm wasting my time. :(

•••
Well, I'm glad to hear that you're taking the time out to finding something you enjoy. :) That's not easy after having gained so much in domaining. But do come back and keep us updated on things. :D

•••
Well, I'm glad to hear that you're taking the time out to finding something you enjoy. :) That's not easy after having gained so much in domaining. But do come back and keep us updated on things. :D

Definitely! I will do my best to help people in my free time. Have to pay it forward.

•••
Understand completely Shane.

Appreciate everything you've shared specifically the Adam Dicker scandal. That is something everyone should be aware of.

Will the branding business include you helping companies acquire premium domains?

•••
Understand completely Shane.

Appreciate everything you've shared specifically the Adam Dicker scandal. That is something everyone should be aware of.

Will the branding business include you helping companies acquire premium domains?

Much appreciated. I will offer acquisition services but it will be a value-added proposition. Plus, it gives me good reason to stick around here a bit.

•••
Best of luck to you Shane, domaining will probably pull you back in again.

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif

•••
Much appreciated. I will offer acquisition services but it will be a value-added proposition. Plus, it gives me good reason to stick around here a bit.

So you won't charge for brokering? You realize 90% of it is explaining why a client isn't offering enough money for a domain name? And explaining Escrow. :)

•••
Best of luck to you Shane, domaining will probably pull you back in again.

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif

Truthfully, it might. At the very least I will get a nice vacation.

So you won't charge for brokering? You realize 90% of it is explaining why a client isn't offering enough money for a domain name? And explaining Escrow. :)

Nope. I can't charge the seller if I'm representing the buyer. Plus I'll be working on other parts of their business, which ultimately evens it all out.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back