A goodbye post.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

There are 2 things that I think are worth emphasizing before I go:
  1. This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.
  2. There are too many domain "gods." Sure, they have made some money but look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap. Stop following and start leading.

So if you want a free piece of advice or would like to know about my hopes, dreams, and aspirations... post below. I'm an open book.

Otherwise, it's been fun.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Surprising news and Sad, but good luck on your future endeavours.
What are your future projects, Are they anyway related to Domaining.

•••
was it profitable for you? worth the work/investment?

•••
Surprising news and Sad, but good luck on your future endeavours.
What are your future projects, Are they anyway related to Domaining.

I appreciate it.

I will be finishing my bachelor's this summer, starting a master's in the fall, and will probably continue my education after that. I will also be building my branding business. I'm an entrepreneur at heart and I doubt that'll ever change.

•••
was it profitable for you? worth the work/investment?

I made 6-figures last year and learned a lot. It was well worth the time invested.

•••
Woaaah, this is a shocker. Hopefully you would still find the time to pop in every now and then to say "hi" on the forum.

None the less, I'm sure this was a well thought out decision and I wish you all the best on ur future ventures.

•••
Did I missed it in the five lines.. Did you give a reason?

•••
Didn't see that coming. All the best with your future endeavors :)

•••
Hey Shane,

Sorry to hear that you're stepping away from the business for a while. You're a strong voice on the forum, and as a new domainer I was looking forward to hearing more from you.

Wishing you all the best in the future.

•••
Woaaah, this is a shocker. Hopefully you would still find the time to pop in every now and then to say "hi" on the forum.

None the less, I'm sure this was a well thought out decision and I wish you all the best on ur future ventures.

Thanks! I will be around. I've made some great friends in this industry who've helped me along this wild journey. I wouldn't mind paying it forward.

Did I missed it in the five lines.. Did you give a reason?

I just don't get as excited as I once did and I want to build something I'm proud of that will outlive me.

Didn't see that coming. All the best with your future endeavors :)

I appreciate it.

:)

•••
Hey Shane,

Sorry to hear that you're stepping away from the business for a while. You're a strong voice on the forum, and as a new domainer I was looking forward to hearing more from you.

Wishing you all the best in the future.

It's all good, brother. If you need me, just get in touch.

•••
Thanks! I will be around. I've made some great friends in this industry who've helped me along this wild journey. I wouldn't mind paying it forward.

Awesome stuff mate, will be picking your brain soon if that's cool with you.

•••
Sorry to see you go. Best of luck for your future projects!

Brandon

•••
•••
Hnmm...:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:
Ohhh.....:oops::oops::oops:
Good success with your next big step.
Great Legacy , intrigues, and thrills you left behind.

•••
Works for me. Hopefully I can be off some use. Need to build up those karma points.

:D

Most excellent! :) (I think we all need a few Karma credits....lol)

•••
Hnmm...:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:
Ohhh.....:oops::oops::oops:
Good success with your next big step.
Great Legacy , intrigues, and thrills you left behind.

Much appreciated. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm trying to look at it like another adventure.

Most excellent! :) (I think we all need a few Karma credits....lol)

Agreed!

•••
They are just good at gift wrapping crap.
Love that line about Spin Artists/Salemans/etc...If I was a better "salesman" in my offline business, I be a billionaire BUT no friends, lots of enemies and probably under police/income tax surveillance...<just my opinion

•••
Love that line about Spin Artists/Salemans/etc...If I was a better "salesman" in my offline business, I be a billionaire BUT no friends, lots of enemies and probably under police/income tax surveillance...<just my opinion

Hah!

There's a happy medium somewhere between having tons of money and being happy. Hopefully we can all find that balance.

•••
Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free

look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap.

Hah! Wise words that apply to far more than just the domain industry.

Wishing you the best in your future ventures.

•••
Hah! Wise words that apply to far more than just the domain industry.

Wishing you the best in your future ventures.

Thanks! :)

•••
Its a sad news...but future is bright.Best of luck..I will miss our conversations about domainning.

cg%20goodbye%20and%20good%20luck-800x800.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Best of luck to you. Sounds like you don't need it though, and you've forged your own path.

Knowing when to get out of something you've loved doing takes cahonas.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back