Dynadot

.us A Good Sign for .US?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just noticed a bunch of high priced (for .us) expiring names on TDNAM today, with bids.

Tycoon.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13107059
Trudeau.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13106945
Trinidad.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13106913
Tower.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13106778
Trans.us -https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListin...w.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13106721
Titty.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13106638
Tigre.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13106590
Pupkin.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13105963
Pumpkins.us - https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=13105964

Many of these are over $100. I see 4 letter dictionary words get passed over all the time. Is this a good sign for .us, one or two bidders getting overly excited over a few good names, or just the result of names that are good enough to get multi-hundred dollar bids?

What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, I thought you meant like an ebay bid sniper type of program.

•••
Sleepys said:
Oh, I thought you meant like an ebay bid sniper type of program.
There isn't a whole lot of value in a program like that on TDNAM since the auctions are extended by 2 minutes after the final bid.

•••
I would rather put in my high bid with 2 minutes 1 second or with 1 second and add 2 minutes, then have to put in the bid early or watch it as it ends.

•••
steven22 said:
I did recently sell a LLL.us for $4500
Congrats on the sale. Was it a private sale, or can you share the domain with us?

•••
•••
The deals were definitely a little easier to come by this morning.

•••
•••
franchiselawyer.us $10 - 1
iceskating.us $410 - 20
dietician.us $205 - 9
dhe.us $205 - 10
diamondbacks.us $171 - 7
dejavu.us $171 - 7
carcovers.us $110 - 7
cedars.us $116 - 6
carloan.us $1,355 - 11
cardiologists.us $245 - 9
carrot.us $293 - 9
carrots.us $293 - 9
arizonalaw.us $10 - 1
appraiser.us $606 - 13
appraisers.us $1,010 - 22
internetgambling.us $401 - 43
aoh.us $225 - 12
carcover.us $305 - 10
cancerresearch.us $70 - 4
applejuice.us $82 - 6
americantravel.us $15 - 2
catv.us $215 - 16
angelo.us $46 - 6
anger.us $193 - 6
angelinvestor.us $40 - 2
angelinvestors.us $5 - 1
appraisal.us $3,205 - 56 :sold:
2600.us $114 - 4
tenor.us $93 - 4

Total - $10,048

•••
My Take

Each and every domain I bid on got trumped in the end. The final auction prices were all over the map. The only thing that makes sense to me was that one single big buyer was topping off each bid so he could have all of them. Darn deep pocket speculator.

Come on, carrot for $293? Anger for $193. I have 61 dictionaries over in cctld post and I can't sell them for $14.95 each. What's going on?

•••
homebuyer said:
Each and every domain I bid on got trumped in the end. The final auction prices were all over the map. The only thing that makes sense to me was that one single big buyer was topping off each bid so he could have all of them. Darn deep pocket speculator.

Come on, carrot for $293? Anger for $193. I have 61 dictionaries over in cctld post and I can't sell them for $14.95 each. What's going on?

That was kind of the original point of the thread. It seems to me that we have a huge group of super premium, and some very good .us names all together for sale on the same day. It also seems to me that we have an auction house where (in this case) every name is starting at an increadibly low bid, and each name has absolutely no reserve. People are getting excited seeing some of the great names selling for high amount, so they think that the next one is worth a lot and it keeps going. This happened a few weeks ago with a large group of .biz names on tdnam. A lot of people forget that names like these .us's expire all the time and don't get picked up for even $5, or are still available to register. I picked up a few 4 letter words on here for $5 not long ago.

It really goes to show what can happen when people auction their names properly in a big auction with exposure. By that I mean low openings and no reserves. Sedo or Moniker would love to have an entirely .us auction that tops $50,000, as it seems TDNAM is going to do today with absolutely no promotion for the names, using only a large group of names that someone thought wasn't even worth renewing. Perhaps the other auction houses could learn a thing or two from TDNAM.

Also, a signifacant factor is that people are willing to bid significantly higher if they think they are finding an expired treasure versus buying a name listed by someone for sale, that the seller obviously doesn't think are worth the price they are selling for (or why sell for that price?).

•••
Top.us sold for $3,025 @ Snap 4 days ago.

•••
EG.domains said:
Top.us sold for $3,025 @ Snap 4 days ago.

Pretty high also. Tees.us just closed for $3,405.

•••
Looks like jun.us may top the four figure mark.

•••
Yeah, the prices are nuts. $396 for uga.us? $349 for criminals.us? $480 for rico.us? $255 each for pickle.us and melon.us? They are all nice names, but are of the sort which usually go for less. As homebuyer notes, many great .us dictionary words go for $xx on this forum and elsewhere. And Patrick recently had a hell of a time selling hundreds of triple-premium LLL.us for a fraction of what some poorer LLL.us went for today.

Honestly, I thought today was going to be a blood bath with such a huge inventory of names, considering the dearth of .us attention lately. I'm still a .us fan, so I was hoping for some great deals. I guess I wasn't the only one! Auction mania has taken over! Last night I went through the thousands of names and decided to go after 111 of them today. I only won 13 and didn't even spend $1,000 total. But I'm glad I showed restraint rather than going bid crazy. And I am very happy with the names I did win.

You make some great points about the auction format, Sleepy.

Last edited:
•••
talisman.us $34 - 2
summerholiday.us $10 - 1
aphorism.us $5 - 1
newtown.us $5 - 3
talkshows.us $116 - 6
cando.us $5 - 1
tdy.us $160 - 11
ames.us $586 - 27
techline.us $5 - 1
stunt.us $410 - 10
stuntmen.us $10 - 1
studentrental.us $10 - 1
phx.us $360 - 12
pingpong.us $893 - 13
pickle.us $255 - 8
pickles.us $245 - 8
pickuplines.us $10 - 1
photojournalist.us $255 - 5
pepperoni.us $66 - 5
percent.us $245 - 7
payonline.us $20 - 2
taxbreaks.us $5 - 1
montanalaw.us $10 - 1
montanaattorney.us $10 - 1
patioheater.us $10 - 1
patioheaters.us $40 - 4
partys.us $15 - 2
partyscene.us $10 - 1
mississippiriver.us $10 - 1
melon.us $255 - 7
melons.us $184 - 7
tees.us $3,405 54
jws.us $220 - 14
judaic.us $10 - 2
medicaldoctors.us $66 - 6
jwl.us $226 - 11
juices.us $625 - 8
ironman.us $110 - 4
jalapeno.us $258 - 8
jjs.us $156 - 9
godless.us $114 - 6
jumboloans.us $41 - 6
invitrofertilization.us $10 - 1
ionlinedating.us $160 - 1
itinerary.us $61 - 8
golfwarehouse.us $130 - 5
godsword.us $133 - 5
goldengate.us $50 - 3

Total - $10,029

•••
Cronus said:
$396 for uga.us?
UGA=University of GA.

Domain went for less than I expected it may. (I did not win it, however)

•••
•••
Next List will be the last. I will compile them all and put the top ones at the top.

I don't normally pander, but anyone want to +Rep, feel free :loveyou:

•••
Who's in the p*ssing match for CNC.us? $655 and climbing...

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Who's in the p*ssing match for CNC.us? $655 and climbing...

:)

$760 for cnc

nice price missed it at $755 :) gave up to soon.

•••
autoloans.us over $2k and still going.

•••
Sleepys said:
Next List will be the last. I will compile them all and put the top ones at the top.

I don't normally pander, but anyone want to +Rep, feel free :loveyou:
Too late... I already rep'd you! ;)

•••
fonzie_007 said:
autoloans.us over $2k and still going.

Will be nice to see who the buyer/s are.

When it's all done.

Sleepys repped ya.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Prices have been impressive today. Could this be a sign of a rebound in the .us market?
Oh Gawd, I hope so. I have 6 LLL.us names I want to sell and I've just been waiting for the tide to turn.

•••
Thanks for the reps. :kickass:

I am just about done with the list. Someone please post the autoloans.us closing price, I thought it was one of the first ones on my watch list, somehow skipped adding it.

briman1970 said:
Oh Gawd, I hope so. I have 6 LLL.us names I want to sell and I've just been waiting for the tide to turn.

Perhaps at the end we should start a new type of sales thread and link to it from here:

Starting bid has to be $5, bids go until there is none for for 24 hours. There can be no reserves. Anyone can list in the thread at any point and anyone can bid, but only 1 listing per day of course. See if enough people are brave enough to get it going with lost of listings.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back