NameSilo

opinion A few companies that believe in the future of new gTLD's...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We hear a lot around the forums from people who see no future in the new gTLD program. They'll never catch on! is the battle cry, as if people are either incapable or unwilling to use or remember anything besides the almighty .com.

But what do the big wigs have to say?

Well, here are just a sampling of the international powerhouses that are each getting their own gTLD/s -- if that answers the question !!

Disney (.abc)
NFL (.nfl)
NBA (.nba)
MLB (.mlb)
Marriott (.marriott)
Hyatt (.hyatt)
Intel (.intel)
Visa (.visa)
FedEx (.fedex)
Netflix (.netflix)
Nike (.nike)
Lego (.lego)
Mattel (.mattel)
Best Buy (.bestbuy)
Jaguar Land Rover (.jaguar .landrover)
Fiat Chrysler (.chrysler .ferrari .fiat .jeep)
Discover (.discover)
Toyota (.toyota .lexus)
Honda (.honda)
Kia (.kia)
Citigroup (.citi)
Hitachi (.hitachi)
Xerox (.xerox)
Staples (.staples)
Gallup (.gallup)
GoDaddy (.godaddy)
Honeywell (.honeywell)
American Family Insurance (.amfam)
State Farm (.statefarm)
Progressive (.progressive)
Esurance (.esurance)
SC Johnson (.scjohnson)
Symantec (.norton .symantec)
Tiffany & Co. (.tiffany)
JCPenney (.jcp)
T.J. Maxx (.tjmaxx .tjx)
Macys (.macys)
L'Oréal (.makeup .beauty)
Microsoft (.microsoft .office .skype .windows .xbox)
etc

Do those names mean anything to you?

It would seem that many here think that these companies will never even use or advertise their fancy new URL's... that the "general public" still won't be aware of alternative URL's (gasp!!) even 5 years from now.

Say whaaa?!

How could they NOT? In the next few years, we will all be bombarded with new gTLD's from all directions, including many of the ones listed above.

If .com is still The Future, and the future of the new gTLD program is so uncertain (or doomed from the start, as many would argue), why is it that so many of the largest companies in the world are jumping aboard, rather than waiting it out from the sidelines? It's a very expensive endeavor, and it's not like anyone else is going to scoop up .NFL or .NETFLIX. Clearly, they aren't buying the whole .com is all that matters! hogwash.

Of course, many .com die-hards have spent a decade (or two!) investing solely in .com, so it is not surprising that they are slow to realize/accept what's happening. But the truth is, the tipping point will soon be upon us.

No longer will the NFL much care about Dolphins.com. They'll use Dolphins.NFL anyway.
Making a movie? There is no need to have the .com. Simply get the MovieTitle.movie.
Do you specialize in auto repair? Find a cool .repair and call it a day!
You get the idea!

It's way past time to admit that .com's are already losing value en masse. If you're still a .com die-hard, it's not too late, but the optimal time to re-evaluate your strategy has long since passed. You'll need to adapt sooner than later, or you will almost certainly go down with the ship.

Don't go down with the ship !

See more delegated strings here:
https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reg. numbers a poor metric ? That's the only number that counts in investing.

The only number? Seriously? I wonder who said that? The .xyz registry? .gdn most be one of the best bets then.

Yes it is totally meaningless as a metric alone. If you rely on reg numbers alone you will soon be in for a very nasty surprise.

The only thing that really matters are sales. If you don't have sales you have nothing.

You don't make money from holding extensions with a high reg count. Otherwise we would have many successul .tk domainers around.

If you think reg numbers are the only thing that matters, what do you think about the current situation?

The only thing that keeps them growing at the moment is .top. Do you think .top will be able to support the entire nGTLD program? What will happen if they stop adding their 40 cent spam regs?

Top growers:

2 top +9156
8 online +708
360 닷컴 +521
16 gdn +406

Most of these are the result of deep discount promotions BTW.

Top losers:

17 date -8181
31 review -6640
19 click -1573
1 xyz -1103

doesn't look promising?

Last edited:
•••
2 top +9156 price: $0.40
8 online +708 price: $0.88
360 닷컴 +521
16 gdn +406 price: $0.60

They are on life support with less than 1 dollar regs. Most of the reg growth is artificial at the moment.

Last edited:
•••
I own and have sold plenty of non .COM extensions from NET/ORG, INFO/BIZ/US, etc.
I know how hard it is to sell top tier keywords in secondary extensions for major premiums.

Yeah new gTLDs provide almost endless options for an end user looking for a cheap domain. However, that doesn't mean they are going to pay a premium for a secondary extension.

I think a lot of newer investors are greatly overestimating end user demand for domains in general.

Most new extensions have higher registration and/or renewal fees than most legacy extensions. Higher costs and lower demand is not a winning formula from an investment standpoint.

Brad
I would agree the secondary extensions you mentioned will never command major premiums. I do believe there will be some in the New "G's" that will command major premiums on their own merit not in competition with .Com
Major premium to me would be 100k+ as very few overall get beyond that.
As a business, I don't see anything less than say 500 a year as an issue in choosing a digital identity that has the potential to save thousands per year in marketing costs. As an investor, yes it could make a difference in ROI.
What leads you to believe in lower demand going forward? There is a lot of major players investing in higher demand going forward. Players that know how to create demand in and outside this industry which has me thinking about the same. What other uses could there be for domains ? An exciting exercise in innovation thought processes. Maybe this is the over exuberance sensed.
The creation of demand is absolutely integral to sustaining growth going forward. The only naturally occurring demand I know of is food, water. All other demand is created.

•••
I find it amusing how many new GTLD proponents have recent sign up dates, yet act as if they are some expert on the domain market. Also, some people are constantly attacking .COM and .COM owners as if they are the problem.

Sorry, but sales talk and bullsh*t walks. The vast majority of all sales both in total dollars and volume is .COM. That is the reality.

Will that change in the future? Maybe.

Or, it could just be wishful thinking by domainers who think they struck gold, when in reality they are the ones being sold picks and shovels while the registries make the real money.

Brad

I didn't say it is going to happen tomorrow. Also, I never ruled out the importance of keyword .coms. But I'd say keyword gTLDs/ccTLDs are far better than xyz brandable .coms in term of SEO and remembrance!

If .COM is popular today, it didn't happen overnight. It is here since 4 decades and has millions of active websites. Most of the gTLDs are just 1-2 years old and just started propagating. Lets wait 2-3 more years and everything will be clear.

P.S. I understand the sentiments of .com lovers who are not ready to listen anything against it. They consider only themselves as Domain Experts and everyone else is talking bullsh*t according to them. I have cordial sympathy for them.

•••
Apr 3, 2016

I still remember doing the same when registering my first domains. I registered a bunch of worthless domains and others were telling me the gems that i found they had no value.

I felt that domainers were narrow-minded or arrogant because they could not see that MY domains were better than regfee. These were clearly not just average domains.

How did the story end? After hardly selling any I dropped them and never looked back.

Last edited:
•••
If .COM is popular today, it didn't happen overnight. It is here since 4 decades and has millions of active websites. Most of the gTLDs are just 1-2 years old and just started propagating. Lets wait 2-3 more years and everything will be clear.

I assume you mean 3 decades? .com was introduced in March 1985, so around 31 years ago.

•••
Most of the gTLDs are just 1-2 years old and just started propagating. Lets wait 2-3 more years and everything will be clear.

we have already more than 2 years for many. That is enough to see a trend. 1 year should be enough to see if something is happening. With the current growth levels they will still be insignificant 2-3 years from now.

about 1% of Alexa Top 1 million are nGTLDs. This number won't explode anytime soon.

Few startups choose nGTLDs.

If they are not doing something after 3 years it will be hard to argue they will take-off in year 4 or 5.

That will be around May 2017. In my opinion the situation will be worse in Summer 2017 compared to now because there won't be any launches and hype anymore and discount promotions will not go on forever. Reality has to set in. What to do with the millions of .win, .red, .xyz that no one needs or wants?

Last edited:
•••
Why are these haters spending so much valuable time on new gTLD discussions :?:
THIS IS THE QUESTION: IT'S A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION...
:?: :-/

Last edited:
•••
THIS IS THE QUESTION: IT'S A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION...
:?: :-/

If you research, look at their portfolios/sites and past posting history it's pretty easy to figure out whats going on. And then you have a few that has no real history you can follow therefore I'm not even sure they own domains but are rather NP groupies for one reason or another. JMO..

•••

The only number? Seriously? I wonder who said that? The .xyz registry? .gdn most be one of the best bets then.

Yes it is totally meaningless as a metric alone. If you rely on reg numbers alone you will soon be in for a very nasty surprise.

The only thing that really matters are sales. If you don't have sales you have nothing.

You don't make money from holding extensions with a high reg count. Otherwise we would have many successul .tk domainers around.

If you think reg numbers are the only thing that matters, what do you think about the current situation?

The only thing that keeps them growing at the moment is .top. Do you think .top will be able to support the entire nGTLD program? What will happen if they stop adding their 40 cent spam regs?

doesn't look promising?

Nov.20 2015 - investing in domains since 1999
Entrepreneur with clients who's names you would recognize, one of them signed up for thier own extension
this ain't my first rodeo. It is one I enjoy
"The only thing that really matters are sales"
Registrations are sales. Volume does matter for more than "bragging rights". It could make a difference in certain market approvals.
I didn't suggest investing based on Registrations. What is Fact : .Com/.Net = 140m regs. Alternatives = 174m regs.
174m "Sales" that weren't .Com/.Net out of 314m Total Sales. The difference in Traditional new regs vs Alt new regs will increase and that matters at scale. YoY new regs for traditional are leveling off, YoY for Alt new regs are increasing Keyword= NEW

I do suggest investing in what one believes they can sell for a profit based on their own research regardless of the extension.

You may have noticed margins on re-sales of Traditional's are declining which increases investment risk. You speak of sales as if Profit is assumed. I've seen a lot of red line in this years sales. Take the total losses out of the total profits for the real numbers.
Recommendations based on "Sales" vs "actual profit" is a bit misleading much like cheap Reg numbers Yes?

China is a whole different climate. I remains to be seen what will be preferred and approved. What about India, South America growth?

You are correct in that there will be looser extensions even in a market that I believe is entering growth stage 2.
Stage 2 will require a little more effort and skill in identifying the most profitable domains on an individual or sector merit and it will take a few more years before anyone can compare actual "profit" margins.

•••
we have already more than 2 years for many. That is enough to see a trend. 1 year should be enough to see if something is happening. With the current growth levels they will still be insignificant 2-3 years from now.

about 1% of Alexa Top 1 million are nGTLDs. This number won't explode anytime soon.

Few startups choose nGTLDs.

If they are not doing something after 3 years it will be hard to argue they will take-off in year 4 or 5.

That will be around May 2017. In my opinion the situation will be worse in Summer 2017 compared to now because there won't be any launches and hype anymore and discount promotions will not go on forever. Reality has to set in. What to do with the millions of .win, .red, .xyz that no one needs or wants?
Put them next to the millions of traditional's that no one needs or wants and hold the rest unless your a flipper ;)

•••
Registrations are sales.

Registry sales. Unless you are registry it does not matter to a domainer. I don't doubt that other extensions can get a lot of regs too. We have already seen that.

Premium price sales will be where scarcity is. nGTLDs are the opposite of scarcity.

Some domainers think that more options = more opportunities. In reality more options will increase supply. A big No-No for domainers. We can only exist as long there is scarcity.

Even when nGTLDs were to be successful, nGTLD investors would be victims of their own success.
Success would mean an ever increasing number of extensions to be launched, a race to the bottom.

Some people think .com will matter less and less in the future and get diluted. They think they can profit from this by buying keywords in other extensions.

What they don't understand is that if .com gets diluted all others will too. There will be little opportunity for profit left in a market where the extension doesn't matter anymore.

Don't believe that? Try investing in .co or .net domains only. This is not an environment where many can make a living if there is anyone. The only thing that keeps market values up is scarcity and the fact that most end-users want only the .com. If that ever where to change, the opportunity to sell premium domains would be much less across all extensions. No investor would benefit from that.

The only happy ones left would the the registries and ICANN.

China is a whole different climate. I remains to be seen what will be preferred and approved. What about India, South America growth?

China has been decided long time ago and the decision is called .cn and .com. There isn't any other investment grade extension available.

As for being "approved", .com is the first and only foreign extension that has been approved so far.

India and South America will probably follow the same pattern. In reality they already have.

nGTLDs have little to offer to Spanish speakers. They mostly serve the English speaking market. How many spanish nGTLDs are there? Many Indians that are coming online wouldn't prefer an English extension over their own either. The fact that the most popular ccTLDs in Mexico and Brazil are .com.mx and .com.br doesn't help the new extensions either.

Last edited:
•••
New g's as of today are like shiny new cars that look good, but if you try to drive it today you may find that it's performance is lacking. Doesn't mean people won't buy them just means whoever is going to try to try to drive them may find it doesn't run as good as it looks. . Com has been zipping up and down the road for years so it's performance is reliable. Maybe someday big corps will give new g's the fuel it needs to keep up, or not.

P.s. New g's imo may find a place on the backroads but will not be able to keep up with .com's on the superhighway.

•••
I simply see this as brand protection. If they already own the .com they're not going to start promoting these new gTLD's.

.Com tells people it's their websites address. All these new extensions will just confuse they average person.

If you have 50 different websites with the same name, but different extension, people won't remember which is which and they'll just go to the .com. All the others will just get lost in the crowd.

•••
Dordomai,

Completely agree,
".cn and .com. There isn't any other investment grade extension available."
Keyword: investment grade -
Also out of reach for 90% of the investment community for values 50k+

Are you suggesting there is no more to be made by the average investor, now that there are more options?
values so diluted the only market left over would be investment grade?

the monopoly is over. Yes? Lots of monopolies have been split apart over the years, doors swung wide open for others to enter
and the strong not only survived but thrived.

This is where we part ways,
There are several examples across many industries where these thoughts don't hold up.
Domains are not unique with it's own set of absolutes.
.Com will hold it's own. The only way it could get diluted is if it was dropped en masse by current investors, which isn't likely.
Quote,
"What they don't understand is that if .com gets diluted all others will too"
Premium price sales will be where scarcity is. nGTLDs are the opposite of scarcity
"There will be little opportunity for profit left in a market where the extension doesn't matter anymore."
The only thing that keeps market values up is scarcity and the fact that most end-users want only the .com".
"If that ever where to change, the opportunity to sell premium domains would be much less across all extensions.
No investor would benefit from that".
Fear mongering, Some investors will benefit. Ones that make profitable choices now and can afford to wait 5-10 years if necessary. It just won't be a beginners or flippers party.
Example: 4number.coms, 2005-2012 ave. price 1k 2013- 22k, 2015- 335k A rally few saw coming. One would have to have held a domain nobody wanted for 5-10 years to yield "investment grade" value. I get it, .Com played a big role. The point is nobody wanted them. jumping in late cost more. 20k more. I will risk 1k over 10yrs to save 2- 20k and maybe in that time frame China will welcome more extensions. It's a reasonable assumption at this time they will. I have heard from many sources the government wants to participate,- on their terms which is fine. It's a big market. It may take some time to establish protocol that's manageable and profitable to their economy.
The potential investment grade options available at reasonable pricing in the New"G's" are already in the hands of investors large and small. We just don't have all of them like the first round and like .Com, (100/70/35/8) lowered renewal fees, there will be lots of pressure to keep renewal fees reasonable albeit higher on average even for .Com Incentives for longer renewals could resurface again too. About the time of 35 a yr renewal costs for .Com there was a glitch in Network Solutions System that allowed about 1.29 for renewals, unlimited. PayDay! They eventually fixed it. Good thing back then IT was slow.

I greatly appreciate the debate you put forth for all to ponder as we enter into the WARNING: Under Construction Zone.
Happy Hunting for the next winners,
Cheers!

Here is a short list of current New "G" sales as anyone can see most of the sales are not Registry sales
There are a fair amount developed active sites on this list, some re-directs and landings
Will sales continue ? Who knows. Caution ? Yes, this is a re-model. WARNING: Industry Under Construction ;)
Great out of the gate start with some healthy margins even at higher reg fees.
Like I said before it took .Com 15 years to get to the same number of regs. and I highly doubt
most were developed at the 15 yr mark. More likely most were in the hands of investors and some still are to this day.

Data was obtained from a combination of sources Primarily- Namebio, Sold.Domains, DNJournal

88.xin 180000 USD 2015-11-19 Registry Sale
9.xyz 175166 USD 2015-12-21 west.cn
tube.webcam 175000 USD 2014-06-09 Hunting Moon/Sedo
Sex.LIVE 160000 USD 2016-07-13 Rightside
Wine.Club 140000 USD 2015-01-13 NamesCon 2015/RightOfTheDot
6.xyz 125000 USD 2015-11-22 FindYourDomain
Porn.LIVE 120000 USD 2016-07-14 Rightside
3d.software 100001 USD 2015-05-08 Rightside
dui.attorney 100001 USD 2015-06-01 Private
Coffee.Club 100000 USD 2014-11-01 TRAFFIC MIAMI 2014
Vegas.Club 100000 USD 2015-01-13 Right Of The Dot
Autism.Rocks 100000 USD 2015-06-18 Sedo
net.work 100000 USD 2015-06-16 Mind + Machines
6.top 93600 USD 2015-12-09 Jiangsu Bangning
M.top 93600 USD 2015-12-09 Jiangsu Bangning
Transfer.Money 90000 USD 2015-06-17 Private
8.xyz 81741 USD 2015-09-10 4.cn
8.top 79000 USD 2015-10-18
sex.live 160,000 USD 2016-08-07 Rightside
porn.live 120,000 USD 2016-08-07 Rightside
soren.xyz 1,250 USD 2016-08-07 Pvt Sale
aupair.world 5,573 USD 2016-08-04 Sedo
pneus.online 2,229 USD 2016-08-04 Sedo
dma.tech 1,688 USD 2016-07-31 Brand.direct
cul.tech 1,688 USD 2016-07-31 Brand.direct
like.bike 1,600 USD 2016-07-31 Fancy.domains
cwt.top 2,692 USD 2016-07-29 NameCheap
dingji.top 1,982 USD 2016-07-29 West.cn
taoke.top 1,153 USD 2016-07-29 HiChina
e.guide 1,334 USD 2016-07-28 Flippa
bam.tech 15,000 USD 2016-07-25 Sedo
ttf.top 2,030 USD 2016-07-21 HiChina
anquan.top 1,566 USD 2016-07-21 West.cn
shareit.online 335 USD 2016-07-21 Sedo
xiaohua.top 1,490 USD 2016-07-20 HiChina
yunlv.top 1,292 USD 2016-07-19 HiChina
sydney.florist 2,420 USD 2016-07-18 Sedo
greenstone.group 6,000 USD 2016-07-17 Sedo
hemp.top 1,645 USD 2016-07-14 35.com
qvc.top 1,205 USD 2016-07-14 MarkMonitor
linen.top 1,193 USD 2016-07-14 35.com
youmai.top 1,115 USD 2016-07-14 HiChina
us.ski 1,120 USD 2016-07-12 Sedo
store.soccer 1,320 USD 2016-07-11 Sedo
traverse.cloud 1,230 USD 2016-05-22 Pvt Sale
602.cloud 1,750 USD 2016-05-15 Pvt Sale
send.cloud 3,388 USD 2016-04-15 Sedo
meo.cloud 1,000 USD 2016-04-13 Flippa
f.club 15,455 USD 2016-07-10 Chengdu West
97.club 5,758 USD 2016-07-10 Chengdu West
boss.club 5,000 USD 2016-07-10 EJEE
silicon.capital 5,000 USD 2016-07-10 Rupii.com
mm.club 4,015 USD 2016-07-10 Chendu West
entrepreneurs.club3,000 USD 2016-07-10 GoDaddy
brain.club 3,000 USD 2016-07-10 GoDaddy
friendship.club 2,000 USD 2016-07-10 Key-Systems
housewives.club 2,000 USD 2016-07-10 GoDaddy
westpalmbeach.club 2,000 USD 2016-07-10 GoDaddy
kiwi.club 1,990 USD 2016-07-10 United-Domains AG
brands.club 1,691 USD 2016-07-10 eNom
home.clinic 2,478 USD 2016-01-15 Sedo
zuiai.top 1,186 USD 2016-07-08 HiChina
duba.top 1,180 USD 2016-07-08 eName
tackle.direct 2,500 USD 2016-07-06 Sedo
netbook.center 4,455 USD 2016-07-04 Sedo
earth.science 2,500 USD 2016-07-04 Sedo
pro.media 4,200 USD 2016-07-03 WebQuest
black.life 1,000 USD 2016-07-03 Uniregistry
gbs.top 1,980 USD 2016-07-02 HiChina
zhy.top 3,118 USD 2016-07-01 HiChina
zhubo.top 1,286 USD 2016-07-01 HiChina
zlj.top 2,346 USD 2016-06-29 Free.top
d.gold 1,100 USD 2016-06-28 Sedo
cps.top 1,919 USD 2016-06-27 HiChina
jqr.top 2,228 USD 2016-06-26 HiChina
slow.life 1,100 USD 2016-06-26 Uniregistry
sorli.club 3,965 USD 2016-06-21 Sedo
youer.top 1,447 USD 2016-06-18 HiChina
liquid.gold 1,350 USD 2016-01-09 DomainNameSales

555.club $5,755
111.club $5,320
666.club $3,600
688.club $3,220
118.club $2,260
288.club $2,060
818.club $2,010
333.club $1,801
html.code 1,300 EUR
portal.futbol 1,500 Sedo
ggg.xyz 5,150 NameJet
888.link 2,813 Sedo
tq.biz 1,938 Sedo
robots.life 2,500 Sedo
links.biz 1,395 Sedo
soren.xyz 1,250 Pvt Sale
tackle.direct 2,500 Sedo
production.club 1,325 Sedo
questionmark.asia 1,325 Sedo
46.biz 2,120 Sedo
launch.agency 1,000 Sedo
Travel.Agency 9,999 Flippa
catholic.global 1,397 USD Private
cumulus.global 1,000 USD Sedo
enelint.global 2,750 USD Sedo
drugstore.global 3,500 USD Uniregistry
a2z.xyz 2,000 USD 2016-05-08 Uniregistry
welcome.media 4,000 USD 2016-03-10 TLDPros.com
apps.mobi 20,000 USD 2014-12-17 Addora
create.media 5,564 USD 2015-06-02 Sedo
ola.mobi 15,000 USD 2014-12-03 Sedo
coichutthoi.mobi 3,001 USD 2014-10-02 GoDaddy
emag.mobi 2,000 USD 2015-10-05 Sedo
erkiss.mobi 1,726 USD 2015-07-17 GoDaddy
wlan.mobi 2,268 USD 2015-05-07 Sedo
xing.mobi 1,500 USD 2015-03-26 GoDaddy
onlinecasinos.mobi 5,000 USD 2014-06-11 GoDaddy
xvideos.mobi 3,450 USD 2013-12-18 Sedo
cyber.network 1,999 USD 2015-06-17 Sedo
spring.xyz 6,000 USD 2016-04-25 Sedo
the.network 1,799 USD 2015-11-06 Flippa
swimsuit.photos 3,550 USD 2014-03-26 GoDaddy
music.agency 6,000 USD 2015-11-09 Uniregistry
mars.audio 2,998 USD 2016-02-22 Sedo
ghost.audio 1,000 USD 2015-07-24 Uniregistry
hello.audio 7,500 USD 2015-07-14 Uniregistry
lossless.audio 5,000 USD 2014-10-08 Sedo
cashpoint.bet 3,991 USD 2016-06-09 Sedo
reputation.buzz 2,200 USD 2015-07-12 Uniregistry
jeux.casino 1,132 USD 2016-04-19 Sedo
kazino.casino 5,592 USD 2015-06-29 Sedo
star.casino 11,373 USD 2015-06-19 Sedo
tv.center 15,000 USD 2016-05-24 TLDPros.com
planning.center 5,500 USD 2016-03-23 Uniregistry
reiki.center 2,211 USD 2015-02-10 Sedo
europeriver.cruises 3,600 USD 2015-01-14 Private
ocean.cruises 9,900 USD 2014-11-26 Nokta
baltic.cruises 25,000 USD 2014-09-24 Sedo
music.land 6,500 USD 2015-08-09 Synergy.media
authentic.life 2,499 USD 2016-04-19 Sedo
out.fit 2,156 USD 2016-06-15 Flippa
pro.fit 2,200 USD 2016-06-08 Sedo
gym.fit 2,500 USD 2016-06-07 Sedo
nc.fit 5,000 USD 2016-03-17 Uniregistry
red.fit 1,500 USD 2016-01-27 Uniregistry
bt.fit 5,000 USD 2015-12-04 Uniregistry
elite.fit 10,000 USD 2015-11-30 Uniregistry
messe.guide 2,737 USD 2015-11-04 Sedo
voter.guide 1,800 USD 2015-10-28 Uniregistry
falkensee.immobilien 1,138 USD 2015-02-17 Sedo
sylt.immobilien 2,149 USD 2014-09-10 Sedo
service.marketing 1,295 USD 2015-11-05 Sedo
pragmatic.marketing 2,400 USD 2015-01-25 Sedo
pocket.money 2,799 USD 2015-06-02 Sedo
travel.ninja 2,300 USD 2014-07-23 NameJet
security.ninja 1,525 USD 2014-06-18 GoDaddy
lottozahlen.online 1,121 USD 2016-06-02 Sedo
fay.online 3,500 USD 2016-05-04 Uniregistry
kunstrasen.online 3,308 USD 2016-02-25 Sedo
kreuzfahrten.online 3,041 USD 2016-01-13 Sedo
lasvegas.online 4,750 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
messe.online 1,653 USD 2015-11-02 Sedo
expeditions.online 2,210 USD 2015-10-30 Sedo
dma.online 5,000 USD 2015-09-30 Uniregistry
cold.pizza 1,275 USD 2015-09-10 4.CN
naked.pizza 1,999 USD 2015-03-03 Sedo
gagner.plus 1,120 USD 2016-05-20 Sedo
jazz.pub 1,594 USD 2015-01-14 Sedo
mind.plus 2,000 USD 2016-02-11 Sedo
pay.plus 1,750 USD 2015-11-10 Flippa
hip.property 6,500 USD 2016-06-03 Uniregistry
realestate.property 11,000 USD 2016-05-29 Uniregistry
landmark.property 5,500 USD 2016-05-18 Uniregistry
elite.property 1,500 USD 2016-03-28 Uniregistry
waterfront.property 2,450 USD 2016-01-22 NameJet
real.property 2,150 USD 2016-01-21 NameJet
investment.property 7,000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
beachfront.property 4,750 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon
commercialrealestate.property 7,221 USD 2015-12-17 Uniregistry
altavista.property 2,280 USD 2015-10-19 Uniregistry
kerala.property 1,000 USD 2015-08-03 Uniregistry
industrial.property 12,500 USD 2015-06-17 Uniregistry
commercial.property 25,000 USD 2015-06-07 Uniregistry
commercial.property 21,250 USD 2015-05-22 Uniregistry
just.property 3,000 USD 2015-03-16 Uniregistry
select.property 9,000 USD 2015-02-23 Uniregistry
docklands.rent 3,000 USD 2016-04-13 Sedo
dubai.rentals 1,000 USD 2014-12-24 Sedo
30a.rentals 1,584 USD 2014-06-18 GoDaddy
hypnosis.science 3,000 USD 2015-08-20 Sedo
affinity.solutions 1,400 USD 2015-10-16 Sedo
money.solutions 1,000 USD 2015-09-01 Sedo
mindful.solutions 2,400 USD 2014-10-29 Sedo
bank.solutions 2,000 USD 2014-04-16 GoDaddy
bid.taxi 2,185 USD 2015-10-29 Sedo
hallo.taxi 1,296 USD 2015-09-01 Sedo
transfers.travel 3,350 USD 2015-09-13 PixelDreams.es
mallorca.travel 2,866 USD 2015-06-21 Pvt Sale
allicante.travel 1,691 USD 2015-06-21 Pvt Sale
benidorm.travel 1,829 USD 2015-05-18 Sedo
campings.travel 3,880 USD 2015-01-14 Sedo
time.travel 2,000 USD 2014-07-23 Flippa
newyork.travel 5,000 USD 2013-05-22 Sedo
space.travel 10,500 USD 2012-10-17 Sedo
bangkok.travel 2,000 USD 2012-10-17 Sedo
space.travel 1,600 USD 2011-09-21 Sedo
air.travel 1,500 USD 2011-08-25 Sedo
girls.travel 2,000 USD 2011-08-02 Sedo
rainbow.travel 1,175 USD 2011-04-13 Sedo
dental.travel 2,295 USD 2011-01-22 Sedo
crimea.travel 5,000 USD 2011-01-18 Sedo
adria.travel 1,120 USD 2010-10-27 Sedo
discount.travel 1,920 USD 2010-08-18 Sedo
booking.travel 11,000 USD 2010-07-29 Sedo
just.travel 3,150 USD 2009-11-18 Sedo
bargain.travel 3,000 USD 2009-06-16 T.R.A.F.F.I.C.
free.travel 3,000 USD 2009-04-21 Moniker
europe.travel 5,000 USD 2009-03-24 Moniker
information.travel 3,000 USD 2009-03-24 Moniker
green.world 8,500 USD 2016-06-12 Pvt Sale
anbieter.world 2,296 USD 2016-05-15 Sedo
get.world 4,999 USD 2016-05-11 Sedo
tea.world 5,000 USD 2016-05-09 Sedo
herb.world 1,150 USD 2016-04-19 Uniregistry
data.world 10,000 USD 2015-09-06 Pvt Sale
website.world 1,999 USD 2015-06-17 Sedo
optics.world 1,999 USD 2015-04-21 Sedo
construction.world 4,999 USD 2015-04-16 Sedo
sms.world 6,594 USD 2015-04-03 Sedo
sms.world 6,000 USD 2015-04-01 Uniregistry
fantasysports.world 3,000 USD 2015-02-02 Sedo
work.zone 2,500 USD 2015-02-08 Uniregistry
screen.zone 3,333 USD 2015-01-18 Sedo
1.xyz 181,720 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
66.xyz 65,450 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
51.xyz 46,200 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
11.xyz 42,812 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
ym.xyz 39,424 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
98.xyz 35,728 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
hk.xyz 34,496 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
vip.xyz 32,956 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
35.xyz 30,800 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
52.xyz 24,332 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
fw.xyz 23,408 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
dp.xyz 23,100 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
hx.xyz 19,096 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
zt.xyz 14,322 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
ck.xyz 14,168 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
163.xyz 12,628 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
126.xyz 9,240 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
hot.xyz 8,162 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
yang.xyz 7,238 USD 2016-04-24 West.cn
bbs.xyz 5,390 USD 2016-04-24 Private
bbb.xyz 5,390 USD 2016-04-24 Private
255.xyz 5,082 USD 2016-04-24 Private
160.xyz 5,082 USD 2016-04-24 Private
218.xyz 5,082 USD 2016-04-24 Private
911.xyz 4,774 USD 2016-04-24 Private
252.xyz 4,774 USD 2016-04-24 Private
show.xyz 4,620 USD 2016-04-24 Private
156.xyz 3,927 USD 2016-04-24 Private
178.xyz 3,619 USD 2016-04-24 Private
vir.xyz 3,080 USD 2016-04-24 Private
book.xyz 2,618 USD 2016-04-24 Private
kang.xyz 2,387 USD 2016-04-24 Private
jjjj.xyz 2,156 USD 2016-04-24 Private
123456.xyz 2,002 USD 2016-04-24 Private
xxxx.xyz 2,002 USD 2016-04-24 Private
zzzz.xyz 2,002 USD 2016-04-24 Private

•••
Dordomai,

Completely agree,

Are you suggesting there is no more to be made by the average investor, now that there are more options?

the monopoly is over. Yes? Lots of monopolies have been split apart over the years, doors swung wide open for others to enter

There are several examples across many industries where these thoughts don't hold up.
.Com will hold it's own. The only way it could get diluted is if it was dropped en masse by current investors, which isn't likely.
Quote,
Premium price sales will be where scarcity is. nGTLDs are the opposite of scarcity
"There will be little opportunity for profit left in a market where the extension doesn't matter anymore."
The only thing that keeps market values up is scarcity and the fact that most end-users want only the .com".
"If that ever where to change, the opportunity to sell premium domains would be much less across all extensions.
Fear mongering, Some investors will benefit. Ones that make profitable choices now and can afford to wait 5-10 years if necessary. It just won't be a beginners or flippers party.
Example: 4number.coms, 2005-2012 ave. price 1k 2013- 22k, 2015- 335k A rally few saw coming. One would have to have held a domain nobody wanted for 5-10 years to yield "investment grade" value. I get it, .Com played a big role. The point is nobody wanted them. jumping in late cost more. 20k more. I will risk 1k over 10yrs to save 2- 20k and maybe in that time frame China will welcome more extensions. It's a reasonable assumption at this time they will. I have heard from many sources the government wants to participate,- on their terms which is fine. It's a big market. It may take some time to establish protocol that's manageable and profitable to their economy.
The potential investment grade options available at reasonable pricing in the New"G's" are already in the hands of investors large and small. We just don't have all of them like the first round and like .Com, (100/70/35/8) lowered renewal fees, there will be lots of pressure to keep renewal fees reasonable albeit higher on average even for .Com Incentives for longer renewals could resurface again too. About the time of 35 a yr renewal costs for .Com there was a glitch in Network Solutions System that allowed about 1.29 for renewals, unlimited. PayDay! They eventually fixed it. Good thing back then IT was slow.

I greatly appreciate the debate you put forth for all to ponder as we enter into the WARNING: Under Construction Zone.
Cheers!

Here is a short list of current New "G" sales as anyone can see most of the sales are not Registry sales
There are a fair amount developed active sites on this list, some re-directs and landings
Will sales continue ? Who knows. Caution ? Yes, this is a re-model. WARNING: Industry Under Construction ;)
Like I said before it took .Com 15 years to get to the same number of regs. and I highly doubt
most were developed at the 15 yr mark. More likely most were in the hands of investors and some still are to this day.

Data was obtained from a combination of sources Primarily- Namebio, Sold.Domains, DNJournal

555.club $5,755
111.club $5,320
666.club $3,600
688.club $3,220
118.club $2,260
288.club $2,060
818.club $2,010
333.club $1,801
html.code 1,300 EUR
portal.futbol 1,500 Sedo
ggg.xyz 5,150 NameJet
888.link 2,813 Sedo
tq.biz 1,938 Sedo
robots.life 2,500 Sedo
links.biz 1,395 Sedo
soren.xyz 1,250 Pvt Sale
tackle.direct 2,500 Sedo
46.biz 2,120 Sedo
launch.agency 1,000 Sedo
That is a great and very informative post on new gTLDs, thank you! Also an excellent guide for those who are interested to invest into them..tons of examples as of what combinations of names and extensions really works, and are selling for great prices even in very early time of new gTLDs.

•••
Dordomai,

Completely agree,

Quote,

Cheers!

555.club $5,755
111.club $5,320
666.club $3,600
688.club $3,220
118.club $2,260
288.club $2,060
818.club $2,010
333.club $1,801
html.code 1,300 EUR
portal.futbol 1,500 Sedo
ggg.xyz 5,150 NameJet
888.link 2,813 Sedo
tq.biz 1,938 Sedo
robots.life 2,500 Sedo
links.biz 1,395 Sedo
soren.xyz 1,250 Pvt Sale
tackle.direct 2,500 Sedo
46.biz 2,120 Sedo
launch.agency 1,000 Sedo
Interesting that all those .xyz domains at the end of the list sold for XXXX and xxxxx on the same day (2016-04-24). Also interesting that they were all sold either by west.cn or private seller.

•••
Interesting that all those .xyz domains at the end of the list sold for XXXX and xxxxx on the same day (2016-04-24). Also interesting that they were all sold either by west.cn or private seller.

If by "interesting" you mean b*llshit then yes. They are made up sales designed to drive gold rush levels of fever amongst unsophisticated buyers.

A much more interesting analysis would be how many of these names are actually in use - or at very least resolve to a website.

•••
That is a great and very informative post on new gTLDs, thank you! Also an excellent guide for those who are interested to invest into them..tons of examples as of what combinations of names and extensions really works, and are selling for great prices even in very early time of new gTLDs.

Thanks, do use caution though and be prepared to wait if you don't do outbound sales. There is quite a bit more between 200-1k
It does demonstrate a willingness to pay similar pricing of average- good .coms

•••
If by "interesting" you mean b*llsh*t then yes. They are made up sales designed to drive gold rush levels of fever amongst unsophisticated buyers.

A much more interesting analysis would be how many of these names are actually in use - or at very least resolve to a website.
I did sample some. More are online than I anticipated ;) I doubt any of the xyz or top resolve though. there is a whole lot more of each so it will be interesting at drop time.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Apr 3, 2016

I still remember doing the same when registering my first domains. I registered a bunch of worthless domains and others were telling me the gems that i found they had no value.

I felt that domainers were narrow-minded or arrogant because they could not see that MY domains were better than regfee. These were clearly not just average domains.

How did the story end? After hardly selling any I dropped them and never looked back.

I am agreed with you on this. I too registered many useless gTLDs/ccTLDs domains which I won't renew next year and will let them dropped. I did make mistakes at the beginning but that is what domaining is all about. Everyone learns from his/her mistakes and moves on.

But I am not in favor of completely ruling out gTLDs/ccTLDs in future. I believe not all, but there are few gTLDs/ccTLDs which will do better in future like .io, .xyz etc.

Further, there is no comparison of .com with gTLDs. .com is well known among people and it will remain popular.

•••
I assume you mean 3 decades? .com was introduced in March 1985, so around 31 years ago.

Since 31 years are more than 3 decades, so it falls under 4th decade :)

•••
Hasn't been a lot of discussion around .bank but as this extension grows and banks change over to it this will also spread awareness of new extensions.

Banks have registered thousands of .bank internet addresses since the new top-level domain launched last year, but Lead Bank of Kansas City, Mo., is among the few hundred that have made the new address its public face.

http://www.bna.com/banks-flock-newbank-n73014446420/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back