IT.COM

opinion A few companies that believe in the future of new gTLD's...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We hear a lot around the forums from people who see no future in the new gTLD program. They'll never catch on! is the battle cry, as if people are either incapable or unwilling to use or remember anything besides the almighty .com.

But what do the big wigs have to say?

Well, here are just a sampling of the international powerhouses that are each getting their own gTLD/s -- if that answers the question !!

Disney (.abc)
NFL (.nfl)
NBA (.nba)
MLB (.mlb)
Marriott (.marriott)
Hyatt (.hyatt)
Intel (.intel)
Visa (.visa)
FedEx (.fedex)
Netflix (.netflix)
Nike (.nike)
Lego (.lego)
Mattel (.mattel)
Best Buy (.bestbuy)
Jaguar Land Rover (.jaguar .landrover)
Fiat Chrysler (.chrysler .ferrari .fiat .jeep)
Discover (.discover)
Toyota (.toyota .lexus)
Honda (.honda)
Kia (.kia)
Citigroup (.citi)
Hitachi (.hitachi)
Xerox (.xerox)
Staples (.staples)
Gallup (.gallup)
GoDaddy (.godaddy)
Honeywell (.honeywell)
American Family Insurance (.amfam)
State Farm (.statefarm)
Progressive (.progressive)
Esurance (.esurance)
SC Johnson (.scjohnson)
Symantec (.norton .symantec)
Tiffany & Co. (.tiffany)
JCPenney (.jcp)
T.J. Maxx (.tjmaxx .tjx)
Macys (.macys)
L'OrΓ©al (.makeup .beauty)
Microsoft (.microsoft .office .skype .windows .xbox)
etc

Do those names mean anything to you?

It would seem that many here think that these companies will never even use or advertise their fancy new URL's... that the "general public" still won't be aware of alternative URL's (gasp!!) even 5 years from now.

Say whaaa?!

How could they NOT? In the next few years, we will all be bombarded with new gTLD's from all directions, including many of the ones listed above.

If .com is still The Future, and the future of the new gTLD program is so uncertain (or doomed from the start, as many would argue), why is it that so many of the largest companies in the world are jumping aboard, rather than waiting it out from the sidelines? It's a very expensive endeavor, and it's not like anyone else is going to scoop up .NFL or .NETFLIX. Clearly, they aren't buying the whole .com is all that matters! hogwash.

Of course, many .com die-hards have spent a decade (or two!) investing solely in .com, so it is not surprising that they are slow to realize/accept what's happening. But the truth is, the tipping point will soon be upon us.

No longer will the NFL much care about Dolphins.com. They'll use Dolphins.NFL anyway.
Making a movie? There is no need to have the .com. Simply get the MovieTitle.movie.
Do you specialize in auto repair? Find a cool .repair and call it a day!
You get the idea!

It's way past time to admit that .com's are already losing value en masse. If you're still a .com die-hard, it's not too late, but the optimal time to re-evaluate your strategy has long since passed. You'll need to adapt sooner than later, or you will almost certainly go down with the ship.

Don't go down with the ship !

See more delegated strings here:
https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • I bought - News.social via an expired auction.
  • I pay for the domain name, it renews.
  • The domain goes into my account.
  • I was excited since I wanted a News.tld domain for a project for awhile.
  • I check previous registrant, it was Name marketing team.
  • I'm nice, I email the marketing dept. asking if they want it back, if not I will use the domain.
  • 1 week later Scott McBreen, takes the domain out of my account
  • I get a paltry account credit
  • Scott McBreen believes this is the 1940s, him and Rightside/Name = FBI, and he can take whatever he and his company wants from Japanese-Americans - http://www.densho.org/
  • He licks his chops since Rightside is secretly using money from premium domain registrations to build new Japanese-American internment camps with gas chambers and ovens. He's leading this effort.
  • Jared Ewy calls me and says I can have the name back, if I do marketing video with Name/Rightside about the colossal F$@$-up.
  • I try to call Scott McBreen and leave a message, he refuses to call me back.
  • I try to call Jared Ewy back many times to try to be reasonable about the situation, he will only leave messages on my phone.
  • He admits in one of his messages he doesn't pick-up numbers from my US area code, WTF?
  • I decide I don't need to be a donkey/horse with a dangling a carrot (News.social) in front of me
  • I have nothing against donkeys/horses. At least they are honorable creature unlike the F$@-sH$#ts at Name/Rightside
  • I take a positive review of Name down from my website and remove any mention or positive mention. The review had still had good SEO rankings.
  • I transfer most of my domains out of Name and will NEVER do business with Rightside
  • I post here
  • I HATE new gTLDs and write to several people explaining the situation who own Rightside extensions. They decide to stick with .COM.
  • Will only build on .COM/.ORG and ccTLDs in the future
  • Will tell everyone I F#%%^ can what a mistake new gTLDs, and my story, to anyone that will listen for YEARS
Source - https://www.namepros.com/threads/just-another-thread-for-new-gtlds.967878/page-2#post-5701847

•••
•••
LOL!!!!!! Isolated. UHuh.
Here's one or two a little more in line with the Domain Industry itself and other major players
Verison - .WEB HELLLOOOO!
WorldHostingDays WHD.GLOBAL HELLLOOOOO!
DomainForum.GLOBAL HELLLOOOOOOOOO!
PayPal.ME HELLLLOOOO!
ABC.XYZ HELLLLOOOO!
Artik.Cloud Samsung HELLLLLOOOO!
AMAZON- HELLOOOOO! find out more about it when Stacey King, General Manager for Amazon Registry Services and who is responsible for Amazon’s domain name registry business will be speaking at THE Domain Conference in 2 weeks.

Y'all need to contact these companies and explain to them why they are making a huge miscalculation going forward and maybe Y'all might consider adding some facts to back up your opinions and in the very least ad a disclaimer that what you represent here are just opinions without factual basis other than history based on a monopoly.
Cheers
Silly :)

•••
•••
Not that simple.
The relative value of .com is diminished only to the extent of the ability of the alternate TLD to capture registrants that would otherwise have used a .com.
First of all, the first choice for end users is almost always going to be .com (or the ccTLD). if they turn to new extensions it's sometimes for branding reasons but usually it's because they don't want to pay a premium for a domain.
So it's not money lost to the domainer anyway, because the buyer had no intention to buy on the aftermarket. He could have registered a longer .com or another extension.

Second, .com is not the biggest casualty. The collective value of new extensions is driven down because there are too many of them, all competing for a small share of a small pie... So the biggest victims of new extensions are (competing) new extensions.

A quick look at DNJ shows that end users are still not getting it... :)

Once again facts misrepresented.
The quotes you replied to are from 000 not 168

Take a quick look at Namebio this year. negative .com sales way up.
174m registrants not .com/net the alternates already have a bigger piece
This is the number that will continue to grow

Still to this day lots of .coms nobody wants or never gets developed.
To be fair same goes for New "G's"

The top 10% of the top 20 extensions valued by the MARKET
will have true "PREMIUM" value, everything else desirable including .com
will trade in a range of 10k-60k regardless of extension.
10% will have "collector's" value
70% will never see premium or desirable unless it's created including .com

•••
The real winner of new Gtlds is Google, because companies have to put up advertising for their own name. And if they donΒ΄t, their competitors will.

I think there are some really great domains like travel.agency my.mom and others, that are that unique that you keep them in mind easily, but most others are just crap and people will land on Google while trying to reach a specific site.

Last edited:
•••

Still to this day lots of .coms nobody wants or never gets developed.
To be fair same goes for New "G's"

The top 10% of the top 20 extensions valued by the MARKET
will have true "PREMIUM" value, everything else desirable including .com
will trade in a range of 10k-60k regardless of extension.
10% will have "collector's" value
70% will never see premium or desirable unless it's created including .com
The market was never strong enough to support more than 1-4 extensions per country premium price wise.

:net and .org hardly made it in the past.

The domain market is so weak that once you move past the very most popular you can hardly sell above 4 figures regardless of keywords. Exceptions do happen of course.

10k-60k in the top 20 is a pipe dream. The market supports maybe 1-2 extensions for prices like this.

the keywords that could sell are also reserved.

they had a bigger piece before the nGTLDs were launched but it didn't have an effect.

.tk alone has 20% of .com regs. It is meaningless in practice.

Last edited:
•••
The point is, as more and more companies use ngtld's, it's getting easier and easier for other companies to also say no to .com, unless it's truly incredible and really stands out (but even then, there are a bunch of new incredible options for most companies to now choose from, instead of very few almost-always-.com options).

For the most part, only the VERY BEST domains (of any extension) will be able to command a great premium anymore.

Good-medium quality .com's will need to be priced more competitively than ever so that the buyer doesn't go with one of the many great new alternatives.

Decent/mediocre domains (.com's and ngtld's alike) will be harder than ever to sell -- and, let's be honest, most domainers have mostly mediocre (or worse) domains (of any extension).

It's now more important than ever to focus on the VERY BEST domains (regardless of extension). No longer can we preach "stick with quality .com's". That is simply NOT the only way to win, and the pool of GREAT .com's is very small/expensive. There are a lot of ways to win that don't require touching .com at all, if you focus on QUALITY.

Completely agree, many similar points to my post above.

The one thing i'm not too sure on is will great GTLD's be possible to find and also be profitable for domainers with holding costs etc. The jury is out on this with the registries holding the best back. I feel very much that end users see the GTLD's as alternatives to .com and can't see them paying up for them in a big way but in 3-5 years time perhaps that will change who knows.

This is why I say the new GTLD's are a disaster for domaining as a whole. They provide end users and registries with what they want but in effect I believe will put many domainers out of business within a couple of years. It is fooloish to deny that new extensions are coming out the whole time giving end users more options, and it is also clear that registries want to get in the action and make sales themselves and attempting to cut the domainer out.

Great .coms will have substantial value but are already out of reach to 99.9% of domainers anyway. I think the SEO analogy I made above sums it up. This is a game for the wealthy to get richer and everyone else will be left behind IMO.

•••
Great .coms will have substantial value but are already out of reach to 99.9% of domainers anyway. I think the SEO analogy I made above sums it up. This is a game for the wealthy to get richer and everyone else will be left behind IMO.

You are getting the most important point of this unlike some others.

Reminds me of citiziens betting on the outcome of a war. They hope that the invasor will win the war and they are betting on it thinking they can profit financially not realising they would get slaughtered if this were the case.

Last edited:
•••
The market was never strong enough to support more than 1-4 extensions per country premium price wise.

:net and .org hardly made it in the past.

The domain market is so weak that once you move past the very most popular you can hardly sell above 4 figures regardless of keywords. Exceptions do happen of course.

10k-60k in the top 20 is a pipe dream. The market supports maybe 1-2 extensions for prices like this.

the keywords that could sell are also reserved.

they had a bigger piece before the nGTLDs were launched but it didn't have an effect.

.tk alone has 20% of .com regs. It is meaningless in practice.

I hope your still around to see those pricing numbers. It's absurd to compare .org, .info,. biz .net to what is being offered today.
There will always be a massive amount of domains that nobody wants to use in legacy and New "G's"
End users and investors have already demonstrated a willingness to pay between 10-60k+ for very desirable domains that have the very real potential to reduce marketing costs over several years and as I have pointed out before, most of the sales came from investors not just registries/registrars.
Build out of the net globally hasn't reached peak, 500,000 businesses are started each month, (KAUFFMAN INDEX) several new uses for domains are being created, new search platforms, more indie professionals for contract employment vs. traditional employment
collectors, and other uses that don't even exist yet! The numbers craze is a recent example of demand created where one would have had to hold a #.com for 5-10 years to reap the rewards of "premium pricing"
500 million + dollars has been invested in New"G's" that didn't go to .comies People aren't going to find leftovers suddenly more appealing because it's a .com that's your myopic pipe dream.
The low hanging fruit is gone. Your going to have to work a little harder to create value or find value in the market offerings going forward
Happy Hunting!
Cheers

•••
End users and investors have already demonstrated a willingness to pay between 10-60k+ for very desirable domains that have the very real potential to reduce marketing costs over several years and as I have pointed out before, most of the sales came from investors not just registries/registrars.

the majority of sales over 10k are from registries, definitely. Domainers have mostly $xxx sales from what is reported here in the forum.

but they have only the potential to reduce marketing costs. In practice they increase costs because most internet users don't understand them.

Show them word.word and they don't know it is an URL. You can't advertise them well in the real world.

To understand the average internet user, watch this video.

nGTLDs will be useful for mom and pop sites that can not afford a decent .com. This type of end.user won't pay domainers much. You will see $xxx sales from them. Not the 50k average that you are projecting.

Last edited:
•••
Completely agree, many similar points to my post above.

The one thing i'm not too sure on is will great GTLD's be possible to find and also be profitable for domainers with holding costs etc. The jury is out on this with the registries holding the best back. I feel very much that end users see the GTLD's as alternatives to .com and can't see them paying up for them in a big way but in 3-5 years time perhaps that will change who knows.

This is why I say the new GTLD's are a disaster for domaining as a whole. They provide end users and registries with what they want but in effect I believe will put many domainers out of business within a couple of years. It is fooloish to deny that new extensions are coming out the whole time giving end users more options, and it is also clear that registries want to get in the action and make sales themselves and attempting to cut the domainer out.

Basic business 101- What applies to all markets applies to the domain market. Creation, growth, expansion, transform, repeat.

The sky is falling. The bullies stole my lunch money. A disaster. That's what all monopolies claim when they are challenged and divided up but somehow the markets continue to grow with or without them. There are still lots of great .coms available at a reasonable price, the problem is less want them. leftovers don't fit the end users need/desire and add significantly to ongoing marketing costs. 174 million chose not to use .com to date and not just because they couldn't get a .com. That number isn't going down. 127 million did choose .com That number isn't going down either unless a large number of .com investors bail, and end users aren't dumping in significant numbers nor will they. The China market won't be back until their market inventory is depleted and as long as the global market values DESIRABLE .coms, geo's and New "G's" there will be a market for all.
Keyword: DESIRABLE created demand by end users and investors
today, 315 million registrations, 2yrs, 400 million registrations, 5yrs, 500 million registrations. Very possible unless there is a global economic meltdown. Also possible. I believe 5yrs, 500 million registrations to be a conservative estimate.
If you were paying attention there were lots of great domains available not held back and at costs worthy of holding for up to 10 years. So what if some of the 2-3 characters/keywords were held back. The top investors would have acquired a lot of them anyway and sat on them just like the registries. Now that the shorts are moving toward "investment grade" pricing, the true market for these domains is very small compared to the general market at large and it doesn't matter how many characters there are in a domain. If you have to explain it, it will cost way more than the purchase price to market every year. The domainer's that will survive will have the skills necessary. If you can't sell, negotiate, market or keep up with research and trends then yes you probably won't make it and you should liquidate ASAP. There will be more opportunities in the down years of any market cycle when the shaky investors, domainers bail in .com and New "G's" Happy Hunting!
What I do see collapsing is Reg fees as the same happened to .com 100yr to 70yr to 35yr to 10yr and now 8yr and at times the 99cent sales. Registries that continue with extreme yearly fees could be subject to ? Lots of actions come to mind, yet too early to say. I believe most will adjust to remain competitive/sell, and it's more likely .com reg fees will go up not down. The market pricing issues that domainers have will effect Registries/registrars too. They need investors, re-sellers. Think about this. If investors/re-sellers weren't "allowed" the end user would probably have better pricing, the inventory would be sitting stagnate instead of circulating in an aftermarket of speculators. End users don't add to market circulation, they take domains out of the market. The market needs more choice and will contribute to more stable category pricing ranges overall for the end user and investors.

•••
Basic business 101- What applies to all markets applies to the domain market. Creation, growth, expansion, transform, repeat.

The sky is falling. The bullies stole my lunch money. A disaster. That's what all monopolies claim when they are challenged and divided up but somehow the markets continue to grow with or without them. There are still lots of great .coms available at a reasonable price, the problem is less want them. leftovers don't fit the end users need/desire and add significantly to ongoing marketing costs. 174 million chose not to use .com to date and not just because they couldn't get a .com. That number isn't going down. 127 million did choose .com That number isn't going down either unless a large number of .com investors bail, and end users aren't dumping in significant numbers nor will they. The China market won't be back until their market inventory is depleted and as long as the global market values DESIRABLE .coms, geo's and New "G's" there will be a market for all.
Keyword: DESIRABLE created demand by end users and investors
today, 315 million registrations, 2yrs, 400 million registrations, 5yrs, 500 million registrations. Very possible unless there is a global economic meltdown. Also possible. I believe 5yrs, 500 million registrations to be a conservative estimate.
If you were paying attention there were lots of great domains available not held back and at costs worthy of holding for up to 10 years. So what if some of the 2-3 characters/keywords were held back. The top investors would have acquired a lot of them anyway and sat on them just like the registries. Now that the shorts are moving toward "investment grade" pricing, the true market for these domains is very small compared to the general market at large and it doesn't matter how many characters there are in a domain. If you have to explain it, it will cost way more than the purchase price to market every year. The domainer's that will survive will have the skills necessary. If you can't sell, negotiate, market or keep up with research and trends then yes you probably won't make it and you should liquidate ASAP. There will be more opportunities in the down years of any market cycle when the shaky investors, domainers bail in .com and New "G's" Happy Hunting!
What I do see collapsing is Reg fees as the same happened to .com 100yr to 70yr to 35yr to 10yr and now 8yr and at times the 99cent sales. Registries that continue with extreme yearly fees could be subject to ? Lots of actions come to mind, yet too early to say. I believe most will adjust to remain competitive/sell, and it's more likely .com reg fees will go up not down. The market pricing issues that domainers have will effect Registries/registrars too. They need investors, re-sellers. Think about this. If investors/re-sellers weren't "allowed" the end user would probably have better pricing, the inventory would be sitting stagnate instead of circulating in an aftermarket of speculators. End users don't add to market circulation, they take domains out of the market. The market needs more choice and will contribute to more stable category pricing ranges overall for the end user and investors.

Your opinion is respected and i've said mine, each to their own.

All the best.

•••
Dordomai

To understand the average internet user, watch this video.

LOL LOL LOL.absurd 15 people represent millions of users ? globally ?
Do you work for Googla?

I have posted several lists of retail sales by investors xx,xxx and even more x,xxx did you miss them?
January '17 I will post a list of 15 published sales 10k +, New 'G's", and we will see how investors vs. Reg. ies/ars pan out
like the video and claim the list to be a reasonable representation of all transactions. Would that work for you ?

Thank you again for some great debate. It will be interesting to revisit
the all of discussions here on NP in the year 2020.Domains
Cheers

•••
Indeed. I apologize for the misquote.

What do you mean by negative .com sales ?
I have always said that only 1% of registered .com domains are aftermarket worthy. New extensions don't change the fact.

I expect that more and more end users will realize what a joke the new extensions are, take for example the whimsical pricing:
New top level domain name registrar Donuts is continuing to play with pricing.

Earlier this year it announced a 50% wholesale price hike for ten domain names, including as .dog, .camera and .plumbing. The price hike goes into effect October 1.

Now it’s substantially lowering prices on .business and .company domain names, also beginning October 1.

Crucially, domain names that have already been registered in these two domain names will be grandfathered in a negative way. They will continue to renew and transfer at the original prices, even if they are deleted and subsequently re-registered.
Source: http://domainnamewire.com/2016/08/31/donuts-lowering-prices-business-company-domain-names/
(emphasis is mine)

Sometimes I am wondering if the registries are not secretly working for Verisign. Their registrant-adverse policies are going to drive the most daring people away from new extensions.

•••

I have always said that only 1% of registered .com domains are aftermarket worthy. New extensions don't change the fact.

I expect that more and more end users will realize what a joke the new extensions are, take for example the whimsical pricing:

Source: http://domainnamewire.com/2016/08/31/donuts-lowering-prices-business-company-domain-names/
(emphasis is mine)

Sometimes I am wondering if the registries are not secretly working for Verisign. Their registrant-adverse policies are going to drive the most daring people away from new extensions.

no one wants to develop there or invest in this... Chinese are slowly waking up too.

Rightside shares are being sold even by nGTLD insiders in the past days. I wonder why they sell if the future is so bright.

Schilling is selling some shares, .xyz registry guys are selling some.

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/08/30/frank-schilling-sparked-yesterdays-active-day-rightside/
http://www.thedomains.com/2016/08/31/sabal-capital-management-reduces-stake-rightside-10/
http://domainnamewire.com/2016/08/12/daniel-negari-ambrose-sell-2m-rightside-shares/

Others had the luck or the foresight to get thrown off much earlier.

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/02/22/antony-van-couvering-fired-as-ceo-of-minds-machines/
http://domainnamewire.com/2015/05/2...-machines-company-reports-5-million-bookings/

If you want to know how some of the people behind the new Gs think about domainers here:

year 2013 prediction said:
New TLD registries are going to have the last laugh as all these new TLDs crush (and I mean crush) dot com domainers. Good luck standing up to this tsunami of alternatives to your bad and overpriced domain name portfolios gentlemen…

So basically they would f*** domainers if they could. Fortunately they can't.(unless you invest in them)

Last edited:
•••
Saw this URL on a billboard on a busy highway outside Denver yesterday on my way to the mountains:

COLISEUM.SHOW

The Coliseum Show is the largest show of its kind in the USA (minerals, fossils and gems).

It's interesting that they decided to advertise their .SHOW rather than their .COM; I'd imagine it's because their .show is more eye-catching! They must have thought it would attract more visitors than promoting their matching .com -- and guess what, it got me! I'm now going to go check out their show. How's that for a ngtld at work! :xf.grin:

(In the Denver area? Let's meet up! September 10-18 in Denver.)

Last edited:
•••
Nice find, but what is the percentage of passers-by who realize this is a real URL ? Perhaps adding www in front of it would help.
Note that they are not taking chances: they own coliseumshow.com which redirects to COLISEUM.SHOW.

•••
Well, we can be sure that the number is greatly increasing every day. I think people are faster to catch on than you think. It's never a bad idea to cover your bases with the matching .com, but let's be real, I don't think many people are going to see COLISEUM.SHOW on a billboard and then go type in COLISEUMSHOW.COM. That's nonsensical.

Side note, if you take off the .com goggles, the matching .com looks ugly in comparison. :xf.wink:

This is the beauty of the new gtld's - even if it spells trouble for the average domainer.

Last edited:
•••
Well, we can be sure that the number is greatly increasing every day. I think people are faster to catch on than you think. It's never a bad idea to cover your bases with the matching .com, but let's be real, I don't think many people are going to see COLISEUM.SHOW on a billboard and then go type in COLISEUMSHOW.COM. That's nonsensical.

Side note, if you take off the .com goggles, the matching .com looks ugly in comparison. :xf.wink:

This is the beauty of the new gtld's - even if it spells trouble for the average domainer.

most will not know that this is an url.

Well, we can be sure that the number is greatly increasing every day. I think people are faster to catch on than you think

This is not what the stats show. 1% of Alexa sites are nGTLDs after more than 2 years.

The media agrees:

But numbers fail to tell the whole story: few major websites have adopted the new domain names, to the extent that many web users are unaware they exist. There has been little reason for most businesses to attempt a risky switch, and many of the new domains have been snapped up not for use, but by opportunists wishing either to sell their patch of the web at an inflated price at some point or for more malevolent aims.

Now, some who invested in the idea are already giving up. NCC Group, a British IT company, said last month it would exit its domain name business, which helped companies manage the transition to new domains, four years after it was set up. β€œPeople thought there’d be a need for lots of generic domains, but there’s no need for them at all, it’s only good news for bad guys who can get them for free and pretend to be anyone,” says Rob Cotton, NCC’s chief executive.

Emily Taylor, a web consultant who formerly worked at Nominet, the organisation that runs .uk, says internet users would be unlikely to trust a .london over a .co.uk when setting up a website. β€œI don’t think the user on the street is that aware there are new websites out there,” she says.

But at present, there is little sign of this happening, and the web’s big idea has felt like more of an expensive experiment. A round of auctions for new top level domains, which Icann is slowly working towards, has generated a lot of interest and may prove to revitalise the project. Right now, though, it is looking like the revolution that wasn’t.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ame-revolution-has-been-a-missed-opportunity/

It looks like this is becoming another .fail possibly followed by the.end

Last edited:
•••
Infosec bods NCC walk away from the domain services biz
Less peddling of comedy dot-whatever names, more actual infosec

β€œIt is clear that the open generic domains and city codes have not been taken up by businesses and consumers as well as expected with all of these falling well short of their initial registration targets,” NCC explains. β€œCoupled with the fact that the branded domains are still either undelegated or those that are, are unused, it is clear that the market is not ready for the very necessary changes that need to happen to strengthen security on the internet.”

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/07/ncc_exits_domain_services_biz/

Last edited:
•••

Negative .com "re-sales". Investment dollars going to alternatives will continue to have an adverse effect on legacy resales regardless of what anyone thinks is "aftermarket worthy"
the tipping point will be when there are more dollars invested in alternatives vs legacy regardless of the reason. The alternatives will outpace the legacies in new growth investment dollars as the growth potential in legacies declines.

If you check historical records, .com pricing was rather whimsical too. In time all of this market pricing testing will settle down just like .com
As for Donuts, I'm not a fan but in an industry with very little regulation, there's going to be more.

"valuable consideration in excess of your documented out-of-pocket costs directly related to the domain name", an indicator of bad faith in relation to domain registration,

Should also apply to registrars.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
•••
s2-e15-go-bigger-go-homeless-comic.png

https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...hat-will-happen-to-new-gtld-investors.971597/

•••
It's interesting that they decided to advertise their .SHOW rather than their .COM

they own coliseumshow.com which redirects to COLISEUM.SHOW

I guess the switch to nTLD backfired, now that they are redirecting .show to .com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back