Dynadot

99 cent Domains? Yes, read here...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you want 99 cent domains, and can bear with 1&1, go here:
https://www.1and1.com/domain-names

.com and .info only

I am just passing this on because I am a nice guy and decided that you all should know of this promotion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Regged one.. thansk for sharing!

•••
I'll register a domain with 1&1 if they pay me 99c. :]

•••
•••
•••
is it easy/possible to transfer out when the time comes?

•••
is it easy/possible to transfer out when the time comes?
Transfer your domain out, as soon as the 60-day transfer lock is over.

That way, you have a full 305 days (10 months) to argue with the registrar if you encountered any transfer issues. The other registrar normally would credit your remaining time.

•••

Yup! :)

It can take awhile to transfer out, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
•••

Trojan Horse Registrar.

Not domainer friendly.

Use at your peril.

•••
Hi all,

what's the meaning of :
Limit one $0.99.com domain per contract. Customers are limited to five $0.99.com contracts.

thanks

•••
1&1 started as a hosting company, and its registrar services revolve around it.

An easy way to look at it, is to think of each contract as a hosting package connected to your account, only in this case the package contains a domain with no webhosting service.

This is how both you and they, can keep track of which domains were part of which promotions.

•••
Exactly, that's one reason why you should use registrars for domains, not webhosts.
1&1 and the other big webhosts like Dreamhost are Icann registrars but their core business is hosting. Domainers also have specific needs and management of domains at 1&1 seems to be especially difficult (so I heard).

•••
So in short, just use these codes to extend the life of your "is this worth anything?" -type of domains. lol

•••

Ok, so i register one domain with 1&1 for 1 dollar, then after 60 days transfer it out to Godaddy for 8 dollars.

Why not registering the domain right away with Godaddy for 6 dollars without the 1&1 hassle? lol

•••
Do 1&1 provide free transfer out?
Do we need to call them to get autho code like some Chinese registrars?

•••
Ok, so i register one domain with 1&1 for 1 dollar, then after 60 days transfer it out to Godaddy for 8 dollars.

Why not registering the domain right away with Godaddy for 6 dollars without the 1&1 hassle? lol
Transfer to 1&1, then transfer back to Godaddy, gives you 2 years reg period. So that's $1 + $8 = $9 (for 2 years)

Compare that with standard Godaddy coupon renewals of $8 each for 2 years = $16.

•••
Today i have applied for the registration of one .com domain with 1and1.
Even after giving them all the required info including my cc data, they haven't registered the domain till now. I also haven't received any email from them till now.

To 1&1 users:
Can i remove my cc data from 1and1?

Last edited:
•••
This could be the 99-cent domain from hell. lol

Keep us posted, buddy.

•••
believe me. its not worth the hassle for one domain.
Simply wait for the next 1$ , 2$ , 3$ Godaddy code.

•••
The price should not even be an issue:
1 - it will cost you approximately $100 - 200 worth of frustration in your life for EACH domain you register at 1&1.
2 - almost no domainer will buy a domain from you if it's regged at 1&1. I see the occasional domain I'd like, for sale here at NP, and I completely pass it over if the registrar is 1&1.
3 - they are about as easy and straightforward to use by a domain trader, as an autocad program is easy to use for a chimp.

I say all this from personal experience - years ago - and from even recent testimonials from present-day 1&1 victims, I mean customers, which you can read here and on various other forums/review sites.

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
:)

•••
Do 1&1 provide free transfer out?
Do we need to call them to get autho code like some Chinese registrars?

The only charges you will have are from the registrar you are transferring to.

You can easily get the the Auth code by clicking "Info" in the 1&1 control panel. Just remember to cancel the contract after you transfer out. Obviously don't if you have other domains on the contract.

Last edited:
•••
2 - almost no domainer will buy a domain from you if it's regged at 1&1. I see the occasional domain I'd like, for sale here at NP, and I completely pass it over if the registrar is 1&1.

agreed, I won't go near 1and1.

•••
The only charges you will have are from the registrar you are transferring to.

You can easily get the the Auth code by clicking "Info" in the 1&1 control panel. Just remember to cancel the contract after you transfer out. Obviously don't if you have other domains on the contract.
Looks like the same thing with Yahoo Domains, if that's the case. I never had much issues with Yahoo Domains, like their 1.99 promos. I had a dozen domains with Yahoo, and they all transferred out fine.

But if some guy here says 1&1 charges your credit card, and yet they don't reg your domain, then that's fraud.

•••
Looks like the same thing with Yahoo Domains, if that's the case. I never had much issues with Yahoo Domains, like their 1.99 promos. I had a dozen domains with Yahoo, and they all transferred out fine.

But if some guy here says 1&1 charges your credit card, and yet they don't reg your domain, then that's fraud.

Yahoo! does the same thing.

Even if you transfer your name out, you still have to cancel the name in your panel; otherwise, Yahoo! will continue to charge your card.

Nasty company.

I know this is true because it nearly happened to me with a domain that refused to be canceled, no matter what I did (I had to call customer (no) service, a story in itself).

So, alien51, you should check your cc statements.

Again, Yahoo! is not domainer friendly. In fact, when the rep I talked to realized I was a domainer, she turned nasty and made threats about canceling all my domains (which, by that time, had been transfered out, ha, ha).

Yeah, those .99 domains can be enticing, but you get what you pay for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back