IT.COM

99 cent Domains? Yes, read here...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you want 99 cent domains, and can bear with 1&1, go here:
https://www.1and1.com/domain-names

.com and .info only

I am just passing this on because I am a nice guy and decided that you all should know of this promotion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not worth the hassle IMO but thanks for posting the offer anyway.

•••
Yahoo! does the same thing.

Even if you transfer your name out, you still have to cancel the name in your panel; otherwise, Yahoo! will continue to charge your card.
Well, if the deal is you get extreme cheapo price for 1.99, in exchange that you remember to "cancel" your plan on your panel, that's easy. I can live with that. So the "cancel your plan" part, is not an issue.

I think many people, forget to cancel their plan, and Yahoo earns money from this "forgetfulness". It's probably a sustainable business model that allows them to keep offering 1.99 domains. Too many forgetful people to allow for a profitable market, i suppose.

it nearly happened to me with a domain that refused to be canceled, no matter what I did (I had to call customer (no) service, a story in itself).

So, alien51, you should check your cc statements.
I'm not defending Yahoo, but perhaps your experience could have been a glitch, or maybe it happened a long time ago and now they have made it much easier to cancel.

Because i have had over 2 dozen domains with Yahoo, and they transferred out fine. In fact, i just transferred out a domain just recently with no hitch. And the "plan" was cancelled in just 5 steps that you click. I've been doing this for 2 years now, since Yahoo's 1.99 promo seem to be an all-year-round promo.

My cc has never been charged $34.95 full price.

I suggest though, that you use Paypal, because Yahoo seems to be very strict with non-matching Name and Billing Address. With Namecheap, evenif i put a vague billing address (say, just the street with no house number), my credit card transaction works fine. But not with Yahoo. They seem to use some kind of text-string matching algo to see if the billing address is the same. If you make a typo, then you get screwed and your transaction won't push through. So to get around this issue, you can pay using Paypal and you don't need to type your billing address anymore.

Again, Yahoo! is not domainer friendly.
This, i may have to agree.

I don't think Yahoo even has that "Push" feature to transfer a domain to someone else, if you are a Domainer.

But since i'm about 80% end-user, and 20% Domainer, i just leave my "domains-in-the-freezer" stuff here to get that 1.99 (1-year domain life). Imagine if i renew that same domain at Godaddy for $8 bucks just sitting there doing nothing. I saved $7.

•••
The offer is real but can't buy with Paypal balance if you have no card. Wish I could buy with Paypal

•••
The offer is real but can't buy with Paypal balance if you have no card. Wish I could buy with Paypal

Before dealing with 1&1 better read all the comments around the internet. Only if you're ok with what you read you should go ahead and register with them

and yes, they require a verified paypal account since they connect their service through the merchant option (ie. so that they can withdraw money from your account at will)

please make sure you read everything involving them before you do business with them

•••
Before dealing with 1&1 better read all the comments around the internet. Only if you're ok with what you read you should go ahead and register with them

and yes, they require a verified paypal account since they connect their service through the merchant option (ie. so that they can withdraw money from your account at will)

please make sure you read everything involving them before you do business with them

I'll second that !

I wouldn't even let them pay me to register domain names.
I lost domain names through them in the past when they told me my account never even existed !
Go back in NP's threads and read some of the horror stories
about 1 & 1

Take care.

Ralph.

P.S.

In my opinion Sedo started going downhill as soon as they combined forces with 1 & 1

Last edited:
•••
I have never dealt with 1and1 ,
But have heard enough about them not to go near them..

•••
However old this thread is, I found it useful

•••
Places like 1and1.com are good for a 0.99 domain where you are trying out a business, to see if it flies. I register at 1and1 and then use my VPS elsewhere to host the website. If the business flies, then I transfer the domain to one of my main registrars, and maintain it.

Not for domaining. Especially because the 0.99 deal is for one domain only anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back