NameSilo

$9000 Domain Now In GD Closeout

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by dennisok, May 23, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Replies:
Views:

1. dennisok

dennisok Established Member

I once saw a domain in a godaddy closeout which GD claimed was sold at $9000. But my concern is, if this name has once been sold at that price why now at GD closeout section?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

I posted on LinkedIn a few days ago about the following domain in Closeout. Past sale does not necessarily mean it is valuable.

"Domain picking is always challenging. For example, AdviceServer.com was once sold in 2007 for $3700 and then dropped into the garbage dump yesterday. I tried dotDB and Google search but found no existing end users of similar names. This part is science. A domain may not have existing potential users but does not mean it will not have. That part is art. Can you foresee AdviceServer.com being used in the future? Possibly, for consulting services for example. Eventually, I left it alone. I may have missed out a good deal."

3. krishmk

krishmk VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If it is a generic/keyword name that could work out for multiple users - it could have ended up in 4-5 figures range in the auctions. The domain in context seems to be of very low interest. Perhaps it worked out once - the previous buyer had enough resources to pocket that name as it matched his/her liking.

4. dennisok

dennisok Established Member

@Kassey Lee, How do you make use of DotDB tool, do you typein the domain as full address format e.g adviceserver.com or you search by individual keywords?

5. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

My program simply grabs the keyword of a domain, opens the browser, displays the dotDB page, and then sends the keyword to it. It's all automatic.

6. noneisnone

noneisnone Upgraded Member Blue Account

Don't mean to go off topic but what do you think of a domain that was sold twice at different price ranges ?
    would that indicate something ? or all previous sales are some what irrelevant

7. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 VIP

My acquisition decision is based on end user research or my gut feeling. Previous sales are not important.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice