Dynadot

advice Thoughts On Buying GD Closeouts Already ListedFor Sale on Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wondering what everyone thinks about buying GoDaddy Closeout Domains Already Listed for sale on Afternic?

On one hand, it hasn't sold DESPITE being listed for sale on the largest Marketplace...could be a negative.

On the other hand, perhaps the sale price was too high and you can buy it and reduce the price to entice new buyers?

Then there's the hassle of getting Afternic Support to remove the existing listing. Now I will say up until 1 month ago, the response from Support was slow, but ALWAYS came and they always honored my requests.

For the past month, I cannot even get a response..not sure if I did something? I am always polite and thank them....

Anyway, what is everyone's thoughts on buying Closeout Domains already listed for sale on Afternic?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No worries.

The fact that it hasn't sold doesn't mean it won't sell. 99% of my domains haven't sold yet.

You either receive it via the closeout, OR (if there is an issue) you will be refunded.

Once received, you contact Afternic and have it removed. Although it might be automatically removed by Afternic sometimes.

Edit: You worry too much and dive into too much detail.

If you want it, buy it, you'll either get it or money back.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, Twiki!

Yes, I agree with you on this..lol. I usually do buy the domain if it passes my minimum criteria, regardless of whether listed on Anic or not but posed this question because I am curious if others use the fact the domain is already listed (and hasn't sold) as a deal breaker.

Last edited:
•••
Why should it be a deal breaker? If you're getting it, it's yours.

Most domains with even a little value have been already listed for sale anyway.

•••
If I like the domain I don't care about it has been listed on Afternic or other marketplace

Yes, I think price is a factor

In regards to listing it, you can also list it on Afternic from your GD account

Last edited:
•••
Why should it be a deal breaker? If you're getting it, it's yours.

Most domains with even a little value have been already listed for sale anyway.
That is very true

•••
I don't care if it's already listed. If I like it I buy it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back