Domain Empire

$8.10 .com -> new registrations / transfers / renewals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
This is a "NamePros Domainer Special" Promo! NO COUPON CODE IS REQUIRED. NO LIMITS!

Contact me for details or simply visit Epik.com to get your account setup. There's simply no better place to consolidate your domain portfolios! Tell 'em you want the "NamePros Domainer Special"!

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free domain and email forwarding
- Free Wordpress hosting
- Free domain parking with 100% revenue share
- Commission-free selling and leasing in the Epik Marketplace
- Free domain management tools
- Legendary 24/7 support

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
+1 @very slow... but fantastic so far otherwise
3 handreg domains complete so far. Will transfer some in soon

Last edited:
•••
@internext - great! thank you :) - I've let our devs know about the speed issue.

•••
Free whois protection for 1 year or forever?

•••
@LucidDomains - There's no charge for our Whois Privacy Protection, so Forever! :laugh:

•••
Any plans for a smartphone app?

•••
@LucidDomains - Sure do! Currently in development. Will have more details on that in the near future. I can't wait for it either! :)

•••
$8.10 .com registration/renewal/transfer with free privacy. Can't beat that!

Don't understand why someone won't spend money to try the Epik marketplace feature. :|

•••
@Adam27 - thanks for the endorsement :-D We can now waive the domain registration requirement for the Epik.com Marketplace so that everyone can try it out free of charge. Just PM me or reply to this thread, thank you!

•••
Your 15 days grace after expiration period is nuts, just like Godaddy's. Dynadot offers 40 days.
Are there any plans to make it reasonable?

Last edited:
•••
NameSilo also offers 31-33 if I recall correctly, 15 days is too little!

•••
What do you do with the domains when the Registrant fails to renew them?

a) Auction them at platforms like Namejet
b) Auction them at your marketplace
c) Delete them from registry
d) Keep it for yourself (Push to Rob's account)

Last edited:
•••
$8.10 .com registration/renewal/transfer with free privacy. Can't beat that!

Don't understand why someone won't spend money to try the Epik marketplace feature. :|

So, have you tried it yet?
Can you post a brief review? ;)

•••
@internext - great! thank you :) - I've let our devs know about the speed issue.

Recommend having one of them test drive NameSilo's CP. It's one of the most responsive - responsive, as in fastest :)

As mentioned earlier, I'd added close to 1000 domains, all to no avail, but a pretty good test drive of their CP... smooooth! GoDaddy, Uniregistry, Efty - eat your heart out! ;)

One other thing: forget about customers from China! Only thing loading is your page header, then it hangs... maybe related to use of Google apps in your site code?

Last edited:
•••
@googli Thanks for your question regarding expired domains on Epik.

Our Expired Domains Policy is published in the Terms of Service. You can read it here:

http://www.epik.com/support/faq/expired-registration-recovery-policy/

We send up to 7 renewal notices. Users can manage this in their notification settings but the default is 7 notices, starting 90 days before expiration.

There is a free grace period of at least 15 days, though we can offer upon request grace period for up to 34 days.

If there's not a pre-existing backorder placed on our system, we have a partnership with SnapNames for our expired domains stream. If the domain garners no interest via the auction house, it is made available on our Daily Diamonds via the MarketPlace on Day 38 of expiry.

On or around Day 39, we review the list of expiring domains to see if there are any we think might be worth keeping. After that, they go to redemption period, pending delete and eventually are made available for anyone to register.

For domains that we do keep, if the prior registrant wishes to reclaim the domain within 1 year of expiring, we provide the domain for a fixed price not to exceed $199 or leased for a price of $5 per month. In some cases of mitigated circumstances, management will simply restore for a standard renewal fee.

•••
I just came here to search about what's going on because of the sudden increase to $10 pricing.

•••
@Web Trader - There was no sudden increase in pricing, it sounds like you were in a different price group to begin with. Now that you've mentioned to our support team you wanted the NP domainer pricing, you're account was updated accordingly by one of our customer service reps today.

•••
Thanks, but I'm a little confused really. The public pricing without being logged in is now $10. I had created an account not all that long ago without any type of promo and was at the $8.xx rate, registering and transferring in many domains already. That was also publicly mentioned in the blogs, how great that pricing was "at cost" like that, which was certainly true. This $10 has only just appeared suddenly within the last few days whether you are logged in or not, i.e. whether it knows who you are or not.

I'm just happy to get this promo rate now, but to my knowledge I was not in any group before. I've always been an Epik supporter since I recently discovered it, as far as I can tell I'm even the only one who has supported Epik vocally in the blogs. Affiliate too. :) Domainers and domain investors have to be crazy not to mention Epik as one of their chief locations of choice imo, so that's my endorsement. Until that $10 thing appears, that is. :) And who in the world doesn't love those management and marketing features and support?

Last edited:
•••
yuo have a nice site there.
but obviously there is work to be done.

1 - speed is the slowest I have seen on any registrar. and I have seen many registrars.

2 - 10$ to reg .com is not competitive.
... 8.1 to renew or transfer is pretty good though
.. I am sure you can find some close prices to this on namesilo etc.. but it's definitely competitive!! unless its shortterm promo only??? I am not sure.

3- around 15 day grace period is really bad.. godaddy gives up to 40 days to trasnfer out at zero extra fee. as a registrar who wants to climb to top, why not try to match the best policy around? instead of settling for some poorest version of it?

just some ideas. cheers.

•••
You should boost the grace period to 35 days for anyone who is in the NamePros group.

Also its $8.1 for new purchases or renewals or both?

Thanks

•••
Pricing is $8.10 for new registrations / renewals / transfers for the NP Domainers Special :lookaround: Let us know your account name to make sure you're at our best pricing! Definitely not a short term promotion by any means.

@LucidDomains - Feedback taken on grace period duration for sure.
@Web Trader - Thank you for the kind words and endorsement. We are constantly improving all aspects of our platform.
@alcy - We're taking a look at what we can do to improve site speed, thank you for the feedback.

Last edited:
•••
3- around 15 day grace period is really bad.. godaddy gives up to 40 days to trasnfer out at zero extra fee. as a registrar who wants to climb to top, why not try to match the best policy around? instead of settling for some poorest version of it?

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. At GoDaddy while they do not delete your domain until about 40-42 days, after 15-20 days you'll need to pay the redemption fee if you want the domain back (approximately $80 I think).

In GoDaddy's defence, I forgot to renew a domain once (or twice) in my many years with them, and they let me renew "one time only" at the regular renewal price.

Also .. the first day after your domain expires at GoDaddy the domain is frozen to that account. You cannot transfer it out of your account the minute after it expires unless you renew the domain.

Oddly enough .. they auction off their domains BEFORE the full 40-42 days .. sometimes you can buy a website at GoDaddy Auctions, but then a day or two later the original owner pays the redemption fee and gets to keep the site ... really sucks when you think you found the perfect domain at an amazing price .. only to have the transaction cancelled! :(

•••
You can now click the link below and it will automatically setup your new Epik.com account with the NamePros Domainer Special pricing:

$8.10 .com -> new registrations / transfers / renewals

If you already have an Epik.com account and would like to be added to this special price group, simply PM me, or email us and we'll get that taken care of for you. :)

•••
@Adam27 - that is correct. Domainers can request an at-cost account. Since it is truly cost, we prefer accounts to be funded via bank deposit, but that is more of a courtesy and not enforced. Just be aware that it is truly cost: registry + ICANN fee. Accounting for payment processing, these at-cost accounts actually generate a transactional loss for Epik despite being full-service and all-inclusive. The logic for doing this is that our profits come from selling to end-users. When a domainer sells to an end-user, we gain a profitable customer. So, we can afford to service domainers as inventory partners. Unconventional, but it works out. it is essentially a market-development expense. We rather pass some savings to domainers than buy a Super Bowl Ad.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-announces-escrow-service.895046/page-3#post-5833227

@robepik

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back