IT.COM

discuss 5L.com triple repeating pattern buyout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
As far as I know, the remaining 5l.com's containing 3 of the same letters have officially been bought out as of today.

Do you think we'll see an increase in demand for these types of 5L.com's?

How long do you think it will take to buyout the remaining 5l.com chips?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are triple premium letters sold out? is it official?

Yes.

I frequent the Chinese forums.
For a while, a majority of them are actually puzzled why we are gobbling up the patterns,
when they are focusing on 5L that starts with cities or ending with W.

The last few days have seen more and more 5L transactions for random letters with no cities or Ws.
I think they might be playing catch up on this one.

It's funny for the west to be ahead of the east in their own game. :D

•••
I just registered these:

jjqjs.com
tpphp.com
YYGYT.COM
GGXGQ.COM
yynyj.com

from today's dropped

•••
Would it be fair (ish) to say a decent 5L.com is similar value to a decent 7n.com?
I'm seeing similar prices for the two (through only a small list checked, could be an inaccurate review)

•••
Yes.

It's funny for the west to be ahead of the east in their own game. :D

My worry is that the big boys might drive the herd away from 5L patterns if they don't have enough skin in the game

•••
My worry is that the big boys might drive the herd away from 5L patterns if they don't have enough skin in the game

There are plenty of them left but I do see what you're saying.

•••
If the big boys are paying $2.5K for 4L.com, they will throw $50, $75, and $100 at 5L.com premium, and free lots of inventory for themselves

•••
If the big boys are paying $2.5K for 4L.com, they will throw $50, $75, and $100 at 5L.com premium, and free lots of inventory for themselves

Valid point.

•••
Valid point.
They have a lot more room to play with 5L.com, and the potential to make even more money, the 4L.com inventory has gotten pretty tight, and word is out. I see the word Chinese Premium on to many listings now.

They can reach a different market segment, probably even a larger audience with a lower price point.

•••
They have a lot more room to play with 5L.com, and the potential to make even more money, the 4L.com inventory has gotten pretty tight, and word is out. I see the word Chinese Premium on to many listings now.

They can reach a different market segment, probably even a larger audience with a lower price point.

Completely agree.

•••

Yeah I agree.
Currently there is still a big push for 5L premium to be those those that start with bj,sh, gz, sz, and those ending with w.

•••
Yeah I agree.
Currently there is still a big push for 5L premium to be those those that start with bj,sh, gz, sz, and those ending with w.
I assume these are all gone now?

•••
•••
Has anyone got a current number of 5L.com chips remaining?

•••
•••
I believe that there a very few patterned 5L.com domain names available.

•••
I believe that there a very few patterned 5L.com domain names available.

Correct, numbers are dwindling faster than expected.
I keep timing out due to the rapid registration of 5L

•••
So are we in buyout mode now for all 5L chips?

•••
I think ABCDE is going to take a serious push, kind of like the fire lit on 4L.org, 4L.net are flying to new highs today, .com is still the premium product

•••

Been so for a week now.
7 of us bought out the remaining triples, 2.5 thousand in two hours lol

•••
Been so for a week now.
7 of us bought out the remaining triples, 2.5 thousand in two hours lol
Yes I was one of them :)

I meant for all 5L chips. I'm seeing widely differing reports on how many are left.

•••
Here is the thing I wonder and would like for a Chinese member to weight in, I have read on many 4L threads that the Chinese look at these as two groups of two, so BJLT is looked at as BJ Beijing and then LT as the second component.

How are 5L being looked at ? Do they still look ast BJNNT as Beijing and then the NNT for whatever that could mean ? I have seen some 5L that translated great that were random 5 letters that a domainer might think that reg fee because no triple or quad repeating, and then I found triple repeating letter that there was no translation it did not mean anything so I would think that it would mean a lot less to a Chinese buyer but a Western domainer would think it was great. For example STPPP was on NameJet I was going to bid and then used the Google Pinyin translator and it came back as STPPP so no meaning.

Would like to hear some Chinese members or those that know the culture give their opinions here.

•••
Lets agree not to sell ANY 5L.com for less than $150 and then who cares if there is a meaning or not :)

J/K :)

•••
Would like to hear some Chinese members or those that know the culture give their opinions here.

Well said.

I second that, because I have been buying based on translations after seeing a few sales with good translations - including a four figure sale of a domain with a vowel which translated out to "Round and Round" that was registered in August.

I've seen a few posts from Chinese members talking about translations, someone here was offering translation as a service (TaaS) to translate 5L's based on their knowledge of the language.

As of now I'm just going off the translator, keeping in mind that they are rough translations. Just translated 500k+ available 5L's with at least one repeating consonant.

While doing this I have seen a few that I was interested which were registered for a few years, so I might be onto something buying based on (Chip + translation) or (repeating + translation) because MANY of them translate out to gibberish.

For example... out of a segment of 50k, only 1000 translate out into 1 word, and then even fewer translate out to worthwhile translations like "bank" or "unique". Out of those 1000, there is not a single chip (without aeiouv) available. But seeing a 5L.com $x,xxx sale on 4.CN with a vowel, and that translates might just put more weight on the meaning and not the pattern.

Last edited:
•••
Well said.

I second that, because I have been buying based on translations after seeing a few sales with good translations - including a four figure sale of a domain with a vowel which translated out to "Round and Round" that was registered in August.

I've seen a few posts from Chinese members talking about translations, someone here was offering translation as a service (TaaS) to translate 5L's based on their knowledge of the language.

As of now I'm just going off the translator, keeping in mind that they are rough translations. Just translated 500k+ available 5L's with at least one repeating consonant.

While doing this I have seen a few that I was interested which were registered for a few years, so I might be onto something buying based on (Chip + translation) or (repeating + translation) because MANY of them translate out to gibberish.

For example... out of a segment of 50k, only 1000 translate out into 1 word, and then even fewer translate out to worthwhile translations like "bank" or "unique".

Many of these online translators are not giving you accurate translations, they do not translate to what you think they do.

•••
Still the demand for 5l is very low....buyout has to happen and market chart should go up :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back