Dynadot

discuss 5L.com triple repeating pattern buyout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
As far as I know, the remaining 5l.com's containing 3 of the same letters have officially been bought out as of today.

Do you think we'll see an increase in demand for these types of 5L.com's?

How long do you think it will take to buyout the remaining 5l.com chips?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am seeing good traffic on most of my domains and many Whois lookups on my 5L.com's. Much more than my western domains. That itself shows that there is interest.

Talking about lower grade 5L's...

I've already sold a ABACA pattern for $55

It's not much but it's a promising start :)

•••
5L's will rise in value, there is no doubt about it. It may take a little longer, but it's inevitable. Buyouts for every other possible variation of .anything have or are already happening. What comes after that? 5L.com. Just have to be patient, there is no reason to panic - they are obviously liquid, even at an early stage. More and more names are selling everyday and more and more names are being bought or registered. Hold fast, and be patient. It's tough, but it'll be worth it.

•••
In fact, you look at all the great domain investors registered upcoming domains on the cheap. I just saw Ron jacksons portfolio of a huge amount of LLL.biz a few hundred LNN.com's NNL.com's in 2004.

You think those where worth more than 2x or 3x the ref fee back then?

Look at them now. Laughing al l the way to the bank.

•••
In fact, you look at all the great domain investors registered upcoming domains on the cheap. I just saw Ron jacksons portfolio of a huge amount of LLL.biz a few hundred LNN.com's NNL.com's in 2004.

You think those where worth more than 2x or 3x the ref fee back then?

Look at them now. Laughing al l the way to the bank.

lll - 17,576 combos
lnn - 2,600 combos
nnl - 2,600 combos

lllll almost 12,000,000 combos

Bit of a difference, comparing something with a couple of thousand possible combos to one with almost 12 million. I can understand why some are selling for reg fee on the forum right now.

Last edited:
•••
lll - 17,576 combos
lnn - 2,600 combos
nnl - 2,600 combos

I get your point but the LLL, LNN and NNL combos are not enough for the Chinese population.

•••
I get your point but the LLL, LNN and NNL combos are not enough for the Chinese population.

The Chinese population that could have gotten/get these for reg fee themselves but didn't? I'm still trying to figure that one out. They rather pay more to a domainer? Why don't they go ahead and buy them all up today. The not enough is what makes the lll, lnn, nnl valuable. I guess there is this belief that domainers know what the Chinese want before they do. Time will tell, who knows.

Last edited:
•••
lll - 17,576 combos
lnn - 2,600 combos
nnl - 2,600 combos

lllll almost 12,000,000 combos

Bit of a difference, comparing something with a couple of thousand possible combos to one with almost 12 million. I can understand why some are selling for reg fee on the forum right now.

There are not 12,000,000 CHIPS. There are 3,200,000 CHIPS.

•••
There are not 12,000,000 CHIPS. There are 3,200,000 CHIPS.

Last time I looked 3.2 million > those others. And the 2,600 and 17,576 would be even less once you take out the Chinese non premium. These are so premium to them, they let them sit to be hand regged by domainers? Just doesn't make sense. I can understand numerics or stuff like llll.coms, depending when you got in on those. Like I said, we'll see.

Last edited:
•••
Last time I looked 3.2 million > those others. And the 2,600 and 17,576 would be even less once you take out the Chinese non premium. These are so premium to them, they let them sit to be hand regged by domainers? Just doesn't make sense. I can understand numerics or stuff like llll.coms, depending when you got in on those. Like I said, we'll see.

Than it makes it even more impressive that out of so many 5l.com chips 65% are already bought out.

China is at the internet adoption rate were we were around 2000.

And that is why you should only buy patterned 5l.com's and the total *chip rate is probably closer to 50-75k.

•••
•••
These are so premium to them, they let them sit to be hand regged by domainers? Just doesn't make sense.
5L.com haven't all been scooped up by Chinese (or other) domainers because they only became valuable, as liquid assets, in the last couple months. And 3.2 million (5L.com chips) is a lot for the market to absorb.

•••
5L.com haven't all been scooped up by Chinese (or other) domainers because they only became valuable, as liquid assets, in the last couple months. And 3.2 million (5L.com chips) is a lot for the market to absorb.

So supply is greater than demand.

•••
•••
Yes. The same as supply was higher than demand for LLLL.coms when they were available ;)

These aren't LLLL.coms. Go back to availability, scarcity, number of combos. They're sitting there for reg fee. There has to be people out there with some money that can go ahead and finish them off.

Do you think the people that are selling them for reg fee on the forum or auctions ending under $20 are making a mistake, should hold?

I understand what the thinking is. llll.coms used to be passed back and forth between domainers all day long for under $100 not too long ago, now look at them. I wish I still had some of mine. So that's what people are hoping with these. Will be interesting to watch, how deep it goes, will it go to 5l, then 6l, is there a limit.

Last edited:
•••
These aren't LLLL.coms. Go back to availability, scarcity, number of combos. They're sitting there for reg fee. There has to be people out there with some money that can go ahead and finish them off.

People don't believe in 5L.coms enough to risk more than few thousands or even less. It was exactly the same situation with LLLL.coms about 9 years ago when LLL.coms was around $3k and plenty of LLLL.coms was available.
I cant be sure that history will be repeated and 5L.coms will come to $xxxx in the next 5-6 years, or 10 years, but I speculate and I believe each 5L.com chip will be worth more than reg fee next year. My opinion is that only buyout should happen and I believe it will happen.

•••
So supply is greater than demand.
I'm not sure that's the best interpretation. The point I was making is that there is a time factor. All buyouts take time. They don't happen instantaneously the moment a namespace becomes valuable, at least not when there's 3.2 million of them.

5L.com chips were being bought up at the rate of 50,000 to 100,000 a day before things slowed down. They are still being bought up (or "out") just at a slower rate.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure that's the best interpretation. The point I was making is that there is a time factor. All buyouts take time. They don't happen instantaneously the moment a namespace becomes valuable, at least not when there's 3.2 million of them.

5L.com chips were being bought up at the rate of 50,000 to 100,000 a day before things slowed down. They are still being bought up (or "out") just at a slower rate.

All the best variations are taken. It'll take some time for the "left-overs" (even though they'll be valuable later on) get bought out. B-)

•••
Value of chips (according to chaomi.cc - prices almost coincide with the ones on 'western' marketplaces like gd, sedo and namejet):

LLL.com - $77140 (498188 yuan) LLL.net - $4240 (27388 yuan)
LLLL.com - $2148 (13876 yuan) LLLL.net - $233 (1510 yuan)
LLLLL.com - regfee

IMO, (and always compared to the value of other categories), 5Ls are the most undervalued assets. If a chip buyout doesn't occur soon and random 5Ls don't go to at least $40-$50/piece, values of LLL.net, LLLL.com and LLLL.net will fall dramatically. This might be the point where the bubble bursts or the biggest opportunity to make serious money as there are more than 1M available 5Ls.

Everything is relative. Some say 3.2M is a huge number but if you compare it to 160K it's just as big as 160K is to 8K. If 4L.coms continue to be valued at 2K+, 5Ls will rise.

•••
when will a total 5l buyout occur at the current run rate? best estimates anyone?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back