Dynadot

$5.99 .com domain registrations at NameSilo

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi Everyone,

We have just launched a great promotion for .com domain registrations for only $5.99 (lower if you are enrolled in our Discount Program). This promotion does not require any coupon code and there are no limits per customer/account. The offer applies to first-year new .com registrations only and our promotional inventory is limited so get this price while available :)

As always, all add-ons such as WHOIS privacy, are entirely free forever!

Hope you enjoy!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wanted to give you all a quick update... the promo looks like it will go at least another few days... we'll stretch it out as long as we can, and I'll post again when it looks like we can see the end approaching.

Trying to get my 2 a day in.

Thank you for the promo and your participation in this community.

•••
I have been using them to get a few names. Last night I funded my account with 110 dollars, then waited till 5-10 minutes before the end of an auction for a name that was 70 at the time, and I bid 80.01, but then they bid it to 85, and I waited and as I was bidding 101, it had that annoying popup come up, by the time I got my bid in, it was expired, and the other bidder has been able to get their bid in, five seconds before the auction closed, but I was not able to.

You know I find it annoying too, when an auction goes past 50 dollars, it stops lowering the price, no matter how long in the process it is. It used to not do that.

•••
It's called sniping. If the auction auto-bids up to your limit at the end, then you should bid the maximum you want to pay in the last couple of seconds. I picked up a lot of good deals on Ebay because people want to buy at far below the real value. If you want something, then work out how much it is worth to you, and bid it ( as long as the script will allow for a lower purchase price ). I've seen those feeding frenzies in the last minutes, and people usually end up over-paying.

•••
I joined the club by choice today . . .

I hope @namesilo is as good as advertised!

Last edited:
•••
Just an update--- my initial issues were settled after familiarizing myself with the site and settings and talking to customer service. (Also GoDaddy was being a butthead) but now all is well and I like the interface.

•••
Quick update... looking like the promo will end this weekend. Sorry I don't have a more exact time, but the current trends put us into Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited:
•••
@namesilo Just wanted to learn straight from you. Do you have a proxy bidding system in place like Godaddy ? Like if I put a much higher amount than the current bid, will the system manage my bid by bidding just a little higher against other bidders ?

•••
@namesilo Just wanted to learn straight from you. Do you have a proxy bidding system in place like Godaddy ? Like if I put a much higher amount than the current bid, will the system manage my bid by bidding just a little higher against other bidders ?

Yes, we offer proxy bidding for domains being sold by our customers, but we do not currently permit proxy bidding for expired domain auctions.

•••
May be, do you also will start limited time promo .$5.99 COM for transfer? :)

•••
We're approaching the end of the promotion... Looking like another 12-24 hours....

•••
•••
I just tried Namesilo transfers but they are back to reguar price. :xf.frown:

•••
I just tried Namesilo transfers but they are back to reguar price. :xf.frown:

Hello. Sorry, but this discount was never for transfers - just first-year new registrations.

•••
It looks as if registrations and transfers are still at discounted prices.

•••
Sorry to report... the promo is over :(

•••
Thanks for giving us this chance to top up our domain portfolios. I managed to sneak in a reg for MensDietSupplements.com, so now I need to do a bit of developing and monetisation. Hopefully that will get me ready for the next promo. :)

•••
Shoutout to @namesilo for the kick-ass promo on .com registrations, and also for the consistent, cohesive, and surprisingly transparent communication with the NamePros community throughout.

I gained some nice domains at cheap prices during the promo, but, more importantly, I also gained a ton of respect for the public interaction and conduct of this registrar.

•••
Sorry to report... the promo is over :(
Thanks @namesilo, managed to get 20+ names, including a few just a few hours ago! Good opportunity to try out some of your domain sales marketplace and tools :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
It seems the promo has ended. I could only get $7.99

•••
It was fun while it lasted, using with API for catching was pretty cool : thumbs up :

Mutiny here : wink :

•••
Yeah, I missed because I hardly hand reg names these days

•••
Thank you Namesilo for such a cool promo :)

I was using NameSilo almost exclusively for transfer-ins (rarely handeg anything in these days) - but registered about a dozen of $5.99 .com domains with this promo. Happy to report that new domain registrations part is working, instantly, no tech. issues at all, as your tech team simply does the things right, as always.

As a side note, offers of hosting and seo from mostly India-based friends immediately started to show in my mailbox, many offers for each domain. Not a surprise. Which makes me think that it makes sense to remove 4-domains-per-minute (?) whois restriction NameSilo currently has in place. It does not work, as spammers have no issues with using various IPs to retreive whois records for new domains @namesilo. Such a restriction, however, prevents me from timely and easily updating my own local database of all domains I have. I am sure that you could remove it for a static IP, but my IPs are dynamic...

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the great, leading promo @namesilo Hope another one can be publish soon, not only for new reg but also for transfers and renewals.
Thanks again

•••
Thank you for the great, leading promo @namesilo Hope another one can be publish soon, not only for new reg but also for transfers and renewals.
Thanks again
Waiting for the next promo, especially for transfers :)

•••
Hi Everyone. We wanted to let you know that .com registrations are once again just $5.99 starting today! As with the promotion in June, this is just for first-year registrations of new .com domains, and if you are in the Discount Program, you can pay even less :)

The promotion should last at least a few days. Hope you enjoy!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back