Dynadot

4 LLLL.COM Domains Was Stolen on GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Four of my LLLL.com domains was stolen and transferred to 22.cn.

The following are the domains. I am in discussion with GoDaddy and I hope to reclaim my domain names.

1) RLYN.COM
2) BMRD.COM
3) RDBY.COM
4) LLCY.COM

I am posting here so you won't buy these domain names. Also I am posting here to get public support in fighting domain theft. It is 2015 and NO ONE should be allowed to run away with digital assets like this. If GoDaddy has the right security measures in place, they would know that the IP logged into transfer the domain name couldn't have remotely matched my IP (nor country most likely).

Whoever took it used Password recovery to gain access to my GD account. Not sure how because they never had access to my email account and that they could not have known my GD account id. So I am puzzled how this could have happened.

Once they gained access to my account, they pushed the domains to another GD account. Then from there on, it seems like they transferred to 22.cn. Isn't there a 60 day hold on account changes?

Please secure your domains, especially if you have LLLL dot coms that are of high value. Please help me get my domain back by talking about this. Like I said, its 2015 and this should not happen. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a quick update, DomainGang wrote another article. Thank you DomainGang for doing such a wonderful job to help me and others alike.

http://domaingang.com/domain-crime/...-victim-of-domain-theft-to-refund-the-buyers/

I also want to thank Michael Berkens for retweeting this story. Also want to thank Rick Schwartz for listening to me and giving me guidance. I have also reached out to few prominent news media. In discussion to hopefully get a story out on this loophole and shady practices.

I am seriously hoping ename will do the right thing. I have not heard back from GD over the past few days. I am sure they are working to figure out what happened and also working hard to get my domain names back.

Thanks for all the feedback and advice provided on this thread.

@Joe Styler - please let us know if there is anything you can share with us. Thanks.

•••
•••

Still waiting for details. I asked GoDaddy and they said they are in touch with ename and that ename is investigating. Not sure how long before I get any concrete answers in terms of what went wrong in the first place and then when I will get my domain back.

•••
Thanks for the update. Wish was better news.
@JoeStyler any updates or answers from your end?
I am creating a whole new email just for domains, I am 2 factored everywhere now.
Still a huge loss for netclick, anything we can do, just ask

•••
Thanks for the update. Wish was better news.
@JoeStyler any updates or answers from your end?
I am creating a whole new email just for domains, I am 2 factored everywhere now.
Still a huge loss for netclick, anything we can do, just ask

Thank you so much.

Just a word of caution on new emails. When you create a brand new email for your domain names, please make sure you check those emails regularly. You don't want to miss any notification.

•••
All my emails get forwarded to one special email account. I get notifications on my phone from 1st email and second email.
Is it better to use a free provider, or set up [email protected] that you can change and even dissolve at anytime?

•••
All my emails get forwarded to one special email account. I get notifications on my phone from 1st email and second email.
Is it better to use a free provider, or set up [email protected] that you can change and even dissolve at anytime?

Free provider that can provide 2 step verification or something strong. Also look into zoho mail if you want to setup your own domain name emails. They do provide very secure email service and I believe they are still free up to 5 emails per domain.

•••
•••
The domain is transferred to ename.com now

•••
Update: I still don't have my domain names back. GoDaddy says they are still communicating with ename and that they will notify me once they have a response. Just not sure what that means...

•••
Getting a domain stolen is a nightmare I hope I never have to go through, sorry you have to go through this and wish you all the best in the recovery. Hopefully you hear some good news soon at godaddy.

•••
Update

Guys I received an email from GoDaddy's transfer dispute team. They had great news for me for Christmas! They have secured the domain names back from ename. Verisign sided with GD on my case. I am in the process of receiving the four names to my new GD account. Once I have it in my hands again, I will post a detailed update.

I have a lot of people to thank and I will do that properly as well.

•••
Update

Guys I received an email from GoDaddy's transfer dispute team. They had great news for me for Christmas! They have secured the domain names back from ename. Verisign sided with GD on my case. I am in the process of receiving the four names to my new GD account. Once I have it in my hands again, I will post a detailed update.

I have a lot of people to thank and I will do that properly as well.

That is great news!, hopefully they are back home soon!.

•••
I have not been active but I want to thank everyone that helped me get the domains back.

Yes they came back home. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support!

•••
I have not been active but I want to thank everyone that helped me get the domains back.

Yes they came back home. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support!

That's great news!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back