IT.COM

Stolen LLLL.coms from GoDaddy Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
On Sunday 15/11/2015 - Someone hacked into my Godaddy account and transferred 7 of my domains away from my account, please see the list below and do not buy any of them:

• B6F.COM
  • MRRR.COM
  • MFFF.COM
  • B4Y.COM
  • DYYE.COM
  • LIEA.COM
  • WDRA.COM
Please do not buy any of these domains.

The worse thing is that I have been trying for a whole week to get Godaddy to help me and I am going around in circles getting absolutely no help. Although the customer service people over the phone try and help but they say they have no authority to do much. All I get told to do is send emails to various departments and those departments tell me to contact other departments, this has turned out to be a very stressful experience. I would have through a company like Godaddy takes such cases more seriously.

Has anyone here got any experience with this and how I can get these domains back?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long did it take you to realize that they are gone?
Why GD was so fast to transfer them out?
Did you get any notifications?

•••
It was done at about 1am so I was asleep. There were some emails stating that the domains were moved out of my account and I contacted Godaddy first thing at 9am. Probably my fault for not having the two step security alert on but now I need to get my domains back somehow.

•••
I've read some people have luck getting GD to respond by tweeting @ them. They are a public company so public complaints are a good option.

•••
I've read some people have luck getting GD to respond by tweeting @ them. They are a public company so public complaints are a good option.

Maybe, but I do not use Twitter much but I actually thought they would react to this very quickly. It has been 6 days and they have still not acknowledged the theft which is rather worrying.

•••
this is insane with all the theft and hacking im really sorry for your situation i wish you the best.

contact joestyler

•••
I don't understand this. Why registrar has to move a domain out within 8 hours, especially in the middle of the night.

Just enact the process where it has to be 24 or even 48 hours during working days before the process would start with notifications sent immediately

@Joe Styler

Could you look into this please? I'd feel much safer using GD, if something like this was in place as additional security feature.

From time unlocked for transfer to start of actual transfer there should be sufficient time for owners to check what is going on.

•••
•••
•••
I checked whois of mrrr.com and it is still with Godaddy. So it was not a transfer, just a push to another account, I assume you are not Afrim R... It should be easy to get them back. I have seen far worse situations here which got eventually resolved. Good luck.

•••
I don't understand this. Why registrar has to move a domain out within 8 hours, especially in the middle of the night.

Just enact the process where it has to be 24 or even 48 hours during working days before the process would start with notifications sent immediately

@Joe Styler

Could you look into this please? I'd feel much safer using GD, if something like this was in place as additional security feature.

From time unlocked for transfer to start of actual transfer there should be sufficient time for owners to check what is going on.

Thank you for your comments. I really do think more needs to be done to step up security. In a matter of minutes my domains were gone and I was unable to do anything about it.

•••
I checked whois of mrrr.com and it is still with Godaddy. So it was not a transfer, just a push to another account, I assume you are not Afrim R... It should be easy to get them back. I have seen far worst situations here which got eventually resolved. Good luck.

This is the problem which has probably confused Godaddy in this scam, the person who stole the domains did not update the contact details. So they think its all fine because I show up in the Whois records. If that makes sense at all?

•••
•••
Well, if the guy hasn't updated the whois, it should be even easier. Confirm your identity and have them transfer it back to the account you control.

•••
Ask Joe Styler for help. All domains are still at GoDaddy. Keep in touch with GoDaddy support.

•••
Well, if the guy hasn't updated the whois, it should be even easier. Confirm your identity and have them transfer it back to the account you control.

That's what I thought, so I confirmed my identity and mentioned that my domains were removed from my account and this is what the response from the Change Update team was:

"While reviewing your Change Update request, we noticed that you’ve regained access to your account and made the requested changes.

If you need more help managing your account, please contact our award-winning Customer Support 24/7 at http://www.godaddy.comor 480-505-8877."

No mention of my stolen domains??

•••
i also checked b6f.com and is still with GD, i would check all domain on whois and make sure all of them are with go daddy and then push them for explanation and resolution, all the best

b6f.com

Admin Email:
b09a850e9d78b023a52ee323345c2b3d720824ee.png
@qq.com

•••
Is this happening at other registrars? This is the 3rd report of theft from GoDaddy that I have seen in recent weeks.

•••
Ask Joe Styler for help. All domains are still at GoDaddy. Keep in touch with GoDaddy support.

Thanks. I just contacted Joe. Hopefully he will be able to help.

•••
i also checked b6f.com and is still with GD, i would check all domain on whois and make sure all of them are with go daddy and then push them for explanation and resolution, all the best

b6f.com

Admin Email:
b09a850e9d78b023a52ee323345c2b3d720824ee.png
@qq.com

Yeah that's not my email. So I have no control. I have checked the whois information enough times. But I am unable to do anything about it.

•••
That's what I thought, so I confirmed my identity and mentioned that my domains were removed from my account and this is what the response from the Change Update team was:

"While reviewing your Change Update request, we noticed that you’ve regained access to your account and made the requested changes.

If you need more help managing your account, please contact our award-winning Customer Support 24/7 at http://www.godaddy.comor 480-505-8877."

No mention of my stolen domains??

You should really call or chat at least.

For emails, many people have copy-paste standard responses.

•••
I got the same problem today , my domain was stolen . I contacted Godaddy support several times and was told to wait up to 72h . Hope you'll get them all back ...

•••
You should really call or chat at least.

For emails, many people have copy-paste standard responses.

I have called about 20 times in 6 days. Although the customer support people are very friendly they say that they do not have the authority to do much. So they ask me to send emails to various departments.

•••
I got the same problem today , my domain was stolen . I contacted Godaddy support several times and was told to wait up to 72h . Hope you'll get them all back ...

why 72 hours? So that it can be gone forever?

•••
Just curious, was OP using a web based email, ala @yahoo, @gmail, @hotmail etc.?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back