Domain Empire

$4.99 .COM registrations and transfers - courtesy of AlpNames.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlpNames

Established Member
AlpNames Staff
Impact
Hi all,

Your friendly neighbourhood domain registrar here, just wanting to let you all know that, for a limited time and while "stocks" last, all .COM registrations and transfers at AlpNames.com are only $4.99 - and there are no volume limits. :)

Cheers,

Team AlpNames

16298809_1869283636692662_6862285755759264418_n.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@AlpNames has superpowers - They answered before you asked!
And their offer is super since I have other LogicBoxes resellers whom I have asked the same and they are NOT willing to help (BigRockIN and ResellerClub) It is not part of LogicBoxes

Personally, I am making my own Auth Code spreadsheet for all names at all registrars, IN THEORY if I do this diligently as part of my system when registering names I will always be prepared. Getting the codes for the existing thousands, yup, that's tedious.

PS The Only True Wisdom Consists In Knowing That You Know Nothing : wink :

hmnm.. don't auth codes change now and then.. or is that only on the good old rebel

•••
Crazy enough - the Promo is still active as of this posting! Sat Feb 11 - 20:15 UTC 2017

For anyone who is newer to this thread or to deals in general, if you've got more COM transfers to do, get em done ASAP. The $4.99 price is one of the best we have seen for transfers.

Comparable transfer deals are once a year and with restrictions NameCheap MYDD $4.17 however it is unknown if they will have it, we expected it already. Rare two-four times per year 35% coupons can get transfers down to $5.40 at TheFamily - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster. Rebel had some cheaper a year back, most recent was >$6.

•••
LB is just panel... like WHMCS or other panels.
No less, no more.

Regarding AUTH-codes...
They are not permanent... they can be autoregenerated at any time.

•••
•••
Transferred few domains, I cann't find cp for domains! any idea?

•••
@moe From your control panel home screen you need to select "List/Search Orders" from the "Manage Orders" drop down menu. This will then take you to a list view of your orders.

It's a little funky until you get used to it

credit AlpNames for the text

•••
** BUG report ** @AlpNames
On bulk transfer, when submitting the list of domain,AuthCode
if any AuthCode ends with a comma, neither that domain neither the domain that follows it in the next line get transfered.

•••
Having issues transferring in.

It's stuck on "Pending approval from current registrant".

However I have approved the emails I have received many times.

•••
@bulga - there should be a rule against generating Auth Codes with commas or semicolons, like the losing registrars do it on purpose to gum things up. Do spaces instead of commas work in the bulk field? I don't recall, I think it does have to be commas

@LucidDomains - did you change contact info before starting transfer and approve both emails for that? Or is your whois info identical already? I am guessing you resent the email to yourself like the pic below. I had one get stuck 24 hrs and finally asked @AlpNames to cancel that domain and I started over, twas annoying, namecheaps fault. And a couple took like 8 hours - how long has it been since you got the approve email and who is losing registrar?

Go to the domain in question
Manage Orders -> List/Search Orders -> Then click on the name you wish to process
and there will be an overlay with a Resend email button

1sQBHfZ.png
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5987625/

•••
Yes it seems changing whois when making the transfers causes an issue. I received 2 emails from AlpNames and had to approve them both, then I receive another email from the losing registrar.

Also when making an order I receive 3 order confirmation emails.

Email, emails, emails.

Less emails please. @AlpNames O_o

•••
It's ICANN's fault - when you change whois you get one email each gain and lose to approve, THEN one email each to tell you it's completed. That's four right there : rolleyes :

The transfer itself generates four from Alp - Order, Authorization, Pending Registry Approval and Complete and an additional Losing Registrar Transfer Away notification, with fast approve link, depending on losing registrar.

To make it slightly less annoying do it in two parts: Change whois at losing registrar FIRST, careful to OPT OUT of 60 day change lock, and verify it matches exact default info for my AlpNames account, THEN initiate transfer. For me at least that helped to keep track, I could check whois was updated before initiating transfer, that way there was less chance I would miss a single email that would hold up the whole show.

It's even worse if you have reseller accounts, AMHIK : eek :

•••
@AlpNames

It is true that when changing the owner of an domain (transfering to another AlpNames account) we can not change the contact/ tech/ owner details (nor the new owner)? :pigeon:

•••
@AlpNames

It is true that when changing the owner of an domain (transfering to another AlpNames account) we can not change the contact/ tech/ owner details (nor the new owner)? :pigeon:

Hi Lex - I will double-check with our support team...but my understanding is that, pursuant to the new IRTP process, any change in registrant details (including admin/tech contacts) will trigger the need to approve the changes. It's a pain.

•••
... my understanding is that, pursuant to the new IRTP process, any change in registrant details (including admin/tech contacts) will trigger the need to approve the changes.

AFAIK, Inter-Registrant Transfer Procedure (iRTP) only applies to:
1.1 "Change of Registrant" means a Material Change to any of the following:
1.1.1 Prior Registrant name
1.1.2 Prior Registrant organization
1.1.3 Prior Registrant email address
1.1.4 Administrative Contact email address, *** if there is no Prior Registrant email address ***
[source: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en ]

I also see nowhere that bulk changes to a list of domains all with the same prior details and same target details, need individual authorizations on a per domain basis. Why not aggregate domains with same prior/target details into a single authorization pair?
This ICANN's thing is a pain, but its implementation by some registrars is even more painful that needed to be.

•••
That's wierdo.
Because if I push the domain to another account (which I can do with other registrars, and the new owner can modify the details) in theory are changed only the details, not the registrar.

As I know, those ICANN rules applies for transfers out, not for transfers within the same registrar.

Of course, modifying any detail will trigger the 60-days lock for Out-registrar transfer.

Example:
I have example.com on my name on my account
I want to push the example.com to another account which will modify the Registrant details (name, email, address).

This action will trigger a 60days lock for transfering domains out which should not be a problem.

While on other places transfering between accounts are permited and with the possibility to change the name/email/address, here is stated:

my.alpnames.com/kb/answer/2313

Moving or Pushing an Order from one Customer Control Panel to another

• A domain can only be moved using the existing Contact Details of the domain name. The feature for using Default Contacts of the new customer has been Deprecated.

Well, from one customer to another means, the new customer is a totally different person with other details
Like, in theory, there should be no one with multiple account and just jump domains between those accounts to spend time, right?
The new customer, is a new person. It can't use the old details...

Pam pam...

•••
That's wierdo.
Well, from one customer to another means, the new customer is a totally different person with other details
Like, in theory, there should be no one with multiple account and just jump domains between those accounts to spend time, right?
The new customer, is a new person. It can't use the old details...

Pam pam...

Yes and no...your registered account details and the details you use for registering domain names can be entirely different in our system - in fact, you can create and set specific contacts for specific purposes. If you push a domain from one account to another, it used to be that you could tell the system to use the default contact from the new account but now, due to the new IRTP a domain's contact details will always remain the same when pushed, it will just create a new contact in the new account. The details can be changed from within the new account and the 60-day lock for a mere registrant change can be opted out of.

Life was so much simpler before...

•••
My concern is that we will have trouble getting paid by an escrow service if the whois does not show the buyer's contact details. We will no longer own the domain, but the whois will show us as the owner and there is no way for us to compel the buyer to change the whois info after the push.

•••
Well, there is an option to change the contact details after push/ transfer which works without problems.

Maybe it's not possible to select/ change the infos when doing the transfer, but the new owner should have that option in his/ her account.

•••
You can manually change whois to the buyers info BEFORE push to solve it - the buyer will have to respond to the emails to approve, which is good so you don't get a lazy buyer later

Discovered the trick at domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster, was actually their chat that said change before push is the best way now since the ICANN Dec 1 nonsense.

and @Lex404 the only problem with change after push (if you are the buyer) is a non-responsive seller, they have to approve email to make the change.

Last edited:
•••
Hmm, good point.

So, change before
Lock 60 days (thats for sure, everywhere)
push

The new owner will already have his details`and the domain in his account.
Mystery solved :D Thanks :)

•••
You can manually change whois to the buyers info BEFORE push to solve it - the buyer will have to respond to the emails to approve, which is good so you don't get a lazy buyer later

Exactly! Still far from ideal, but this is the best way to proceed for now.

•••
Hmm, good point.
Lock 60 days (thats for sure, everywhere)

You can opt out of the 60 day lock when merely changing WHOIS details.

•••
You can opt out of the 60 day lock when merely changing WHOIS details.

MOSTLY - there are a few registrars that make it super easy to opt out when changing whois (AlpNames, NameSilo, NameCheap, name.com, domfam - Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster, sure there are more)

And some that make it very confusing - GoDaddy always had their own owner change lock and it's worse or still not simple now and Rebel they seem to make everything requiring support, I was only transferring me to me from rebel to alp so I left the whois and dealt with the multi emails rather than futz with it

We started to list some details here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/registrars-letting-you-opt-out-the-60-day-transfer-lock.997960/

•••
OK guys and girls...we are assured that this promotion WILL need to come to an end by Monday 20 February, at the latest. Let's see.

•••
OK guys and girls...we are assured that this promotion WILL need to come to an end by Monday 20 February, at the latest. Let's see.
Nice decision, expand the promotion. Longer time for who did not catch the news before.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back