Dynadot

$4.99 .COM registrations and transfers - courtesy of AlpNames.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlpNames

Established Member
AlpNames Staff
Impact
Hi all,

Your friendly neighbourhood domain registrar here, just wanting to let you all know that, for a limited time and while "stocks" last, all .COM registrations and transfers at AlpNames.com are only $4.99 - and there are no volume limits. :)

Cheers,

Team AlpNames

16298809_1869283636692662_6862285755759264418_n.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is it preferable to change whois info before transferring out to another registrar, when the person owning the domain is the same one (before and after the transfer) ? :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
@exyzed - If all your info is identical for Name, Organization and Email, you *should* be fine. The problems happen if there's a difference in the default each registrar uses - like one registrar might show nothing in the Organization field, and another shows N/A and another shows firstname lastname. If it doesn't match, all that will happen is you will get the Change of Owner multiple emails in addition to the transfer emails, so if you are doing a bunch of transfers at once, it's email overload and it's easy to miss clicking on one you need to approve.

Personally, I use coded email so my info doesn't match on purpose and I decided to add my own sales URL to the Organization field, yet I haven't updated all my domains so some have it and some don't.

Finally got the system down - I also use a coded email system for whois so this is only an issue if your whois info is unique for different domain names.
Change whois at losing registrar FIRST, careful to OPT OUT of 60 day change lock, and verify it matches exact default info for my AlpNames account, THEN initiate transfer. It will work kinda sorta if you don't but creates a mess of multiple emails to respond to. Stupid ICANN

https://www.namepros.com/posts/5988469/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's ICANN's fault - when you change whois you get one email each gain and lose to approve, THEN one email each to tell you it's completed. That's four right there : rolleyes :

The transfer itself generates four from Alp - Order, Authorization, Pending Registry Approval and Complete and an additional Losing Registrar Transfer Away notification, with fast approve link, depending on losing registrar.

To make it slightly less annoying do it in two parts: Change whois at losing registrar FIRST, careful to OPT OUT of 60 day change lock, and verify it matches exact default info for my AlpNames account, THEN initiate transfer. For me at least that helped to keep track, I could check whois was updated before initiating transfer, that way there was less chance I would miss a single email that would hold up the whole show.

It's even worse if you have reseller accounts, AMHIK : eek :
https://www.namepros.com/posts/5992718/

•••
Does anyone know if I can transfer (not move/push) domains from another RS reseller into AlpNames? Are they going to be renewed automatically for an additional year for free, even though they belong to the same registrar?

•••
@snoopi - If you transfer from another reseller of PDR that uses LogicBoxes, it's just like a transfer from any other outside registrar, you will pay the transfer cost and get an additional year.

Lemme know if I understood your question correctly, RS I am not familiar with, RC = resellerclub maybe?

•••
@snoopi - If you transfer from another reseller of PDR that uses LogicBoxes, it's just like a transfer from any other outside registrar, you will pay the transfer cost and get an additional year.

Lemme know if I understood your question correctly, RS I am not familiar with, RC = resellerclub maybe?

I didn't quite get that question either... but I think that regardless of question we all know the obvious answer that applies to all cases.. ie: that no registrar offers free renewals no matter what or how you go about it.

•••

Usernamex, thanks a lot! :xf.grin: And yes, with RS I meant Reseller Club.

•••
OK good, be forewarned that resellerclub will drag their *ss with the max 5 days to approve transfer. I contacted RC support to ask them to manually fast/force approve, which they can easily do, I even gave them the link to the support page how to do it, and they didn't understand or do anything, they replied "Upon checking I see that the domain is active under your reseller account & also the verification is completed. " : face palm :

AND they will send two emails with "cancel" links trying to get you to stay, be sure to ignore them. I even tried hacking the link to change the response to approve and it wouldn't let me so they must have a setting that prevents it. Luckily we have already confirmed that @AlpNames will not put us through the same hassle if we ever transfer out.

PS @alcy - the reverse is certainly true - the gotcha of a registrar that charges for transfer WITHOUT renewal, a few places are notorious for it, any time I see prices too good to be true, I get suspicious.

•••
and while "stocks" last,
.... and there are no volume limits

you have a decent kind of humor

•••
I tried to HR my first name with them.

The name just dropped and shows available at all other registrars, but they show not available.

•••
vaibhava.com
is listed premium at $8000
:unsure:

•••
I meant my first name with them, not my name as such. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
I do not have any domain name registered with them. So, I was trying to register 1st name with them. It can be anything like xyzabcddsfkshf.com.

Hope its clear now. :xf.smile:

•••
Didn't get it still i'm sorry again, can you spell the name you were trying?
Okay, you meant your first DOMAIN , is it?

Last edited:
•••
So you are are saying that you found a domain name that was available elsewhere but was NOT available with alpnames. correct?

•••
Yes bro, FirstClassMotorHomes .com is the name I registered with Uniregistry just now. But it was not showing available with them.

•••
thanks for clarifying bro. Now i'm confused too why it happened so. :unsure:

•••
My best guess @VaibhavA - If the name was on today's drop list it is possible that someone else checked it and the whois got cached so it showed as unavailable. It happens sometimes at other registrars too, like GD a bunch. Only can test if that's true while it is happening though - https://publicdomainregistry.com/whois/

@AlpNames - can you share if this is what happened? And if a domain shows unavailable at AlpNames, but available at other registrars, what can be done to fix it?

Agreed, if it is a name you want, just buy it elsewhere before someone else does : smile :

•••
Support is very bad, I have no mail in 24 hours.

++ 36 hours and no answer

Last edited:
•••
Support is very bad, I have no mail in 24 hours.
As has been clarified previously, our core support is during office hours, which are 8.30-18.00 CET - this includes email, live chat and telephone support (we also offer 1 to 1 support via Skype for established VIPs). We do provide support at weekends, but with a skeleton team and, as such, if the number of requests are high it can take 24 to 48 hours for us to respond to your ticket - however, this is highly unusual.

Also, per your DMs, the issue that you are requesting assistance with has both a technical and compliance aspect to it, which will require the assistance of a specific team that do NOT work weekends. Your email will be addressed, we thank you for your patience.

•••
My best guess @AlpNames - can you share if this is what happened? And if a domain shows unavailable at AlpNames, but available at other registrars, what can be done to fix it?

It is very difficult to assess what has happened after the event - as I am sure you can appreciate...we have had zero reports of anything similar to this happening. It might well be a caching issue (it happens, rarely), although availability is checked in real-time (apart from suggestions, which are checked upon an attempt to add to cart). Sooooo, without any additional detail, it would be hard to come to definitive conclusion on this issue...

•••
. . . availability is checked in real-time . . .

I was pretty sure you did not cache availability, so I am happy to confirm you are real-time. Nearly impossible to re-create, if I ever run into issues I usually logout and log back in and try again, and also make sure to retype by hand in case something went weird by copy paste.

Thanks for the real-time confirmation : smile :

•••
Just to let everyone know, a pop-up is showing on their website stating the $4.99 Sale is ending soon. I did not see the pop-up yesterday.
I'm transferring over some domains. Testing them out.

Last edited:
•••
Just to let everyone know, a pop-up is showing on their website stating the $4.99 Sale is ending soon. I did not see the pop-up yesterday.
I'm transferring over some domains. Testing them out.

thanks
i first saw that pop up abuot 1 week ago.

•••
These guys any good, bulk edits, ICANN 60 day opt-out on lock out on admin edits, easy push, fast transfer?

•••
Back