Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainscoop

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
current fair market value ...
wholesale: $XXXX
retail: $XXXXX

future value …
This name's strength may become it's achilles heel. Standardization of no-glasses 3D movie format in theaters and at home would make the prefix '3D' redundant. It wouldn't surprise me if this happens within 10 years. Markets are forward looking and many investors see 3D as the next 'color movies'. If you are bullish on generic movie dotcoms, this might be a good time for a defensive flip. Exit 3D movie near the top and enter a 'standard/format-insensitive' [prefix]movies.com name like [new/free/horror/latest] etc. Moving pictures aka movies will be around for a long time.

Good luck!

•••
This name sold for $3700 a year ago so your looking good on your ROI if the 16k offer is true. The right person or company wants it you can write your price. Goodluck

•••
Yup sold very cheap but the name worth a lot even during that time...thanks guyz

•••
Bump...more replies welcome please.

•••
Thank you guys.

The name values is infact in the high xx,xxx to low xxx,xxx for sure.

The name now officially submitted to the targetedtraffic auction.

•••
Keep us updated :)

Thank you guys.

The name values is infact in the high xx,xxx to low xxx,xxx for sure.

The name now officially submitted to the targetedtraffic auction.

•••
I don't mean this with any disrespect but there is no "In fact" in this domain being valued in the low xxx,xxx.

Its value is as high as the $16,000 you said you were offered.

I agree with Ecalc 100 %, down the road it may just be a movie the prefix of 3D not being as stand out as it once was. Holding forever on technology based formats usually does not work out well. Ask those who held great vcr and dvd names and were willing to wait 15 years for the right offer.

Best of luck, its a very good domain, hope to see it sell at TRAFFIC.

•••
I can't recall exactly what it was but I think it was vcrcassettes.com I saw a year or 2 ago, on sale for a few hundred bucks. In 2000, it could have went for early/mid $x,xxx easily.

I don't mean this with any disrespect but there is no "In fact" in this domain being valued in the low xxx,xxx.

I agree with Ecalc 100 %, down the road it may just be a movie the prefix of 3D not being as stand out as it once was. Holding forever on technology based formats usually does not work out well. Ask those who held great vcr and dvd names and were willing to wait 15 years for the right offer.

•••

I appreciate your opinion , moreover recently I have been offered 19 k from reseller who sells his domains for way expensive.

If domaines is willing to pay me 19k then it is worth at least high xx,xxx to low xxx,xxx

This offer came from very well known domain investor:)

Offers from 15k to 20k I get every week:)

•••
> "recently I have been offered 19 k from reseller who sells his domains for way expensive.

If domaines is willing to pay me 19k then it is worth at least high xx,xxx to low xxx,xxx

This offer came from very well known domain investor

Offers from 15k to 20k I get every week"

Just wondering then - So we can therefore assume the (so-far hidden) reserve at TRAFFIC is >$19K right?

•••
If your post is true (which I think it is), a $25k reserve would be beneficial :)

•••
Offers from 15k to 20k I get every week

I find this hard to believe. I knew the previous owner and knew what sort of interest he had and it certainly wasn't in this range.

•••
I find this hard to believe. I knew the previous owner and knew what sort of interest he had and it certainly wasn't in this range.

Well that was the previous owner. The game has changed now.

If you do not know how to value your domain name yourself, then this domaining business is not for you.

Secondly, It really does not really matter or reflect on me if you do believe it or not.

I have sold domains in the past, and owned websites which had done business in the range of xxx,xxx.

I have bought some websites which were making only xxx, and made some changes which ended up earning me over high x,xxx per month and then sold for alot more multiple. So what you are going to tell me now, that ohhh thats hard to believe???

Well as a domainer, I buy domains for very less and try to sell for more and obviously that is DOMAINING 101.

If you are telling me the previous and all that stuff, then you are in the wrong business my friend.!

•••
Well that was the previous owner. The game has changed now.

If you do not know how to value your domain name yourself, then this domaining business is not for you.

Secondly, It really does not really matter or reflect on me if you do believe it or not.

I have sold domains in the past, and owned websites which had done business in the range of xxx,xxx.

I have bought some websites which were making only xxx, and made some changes which ended up earning me over high x,xxx per month and then sold for alot more multiple. So what you are going to tell me now, that ohhh thats hard to believe???

Well as a domainer, I buy domains for very less and try to sell for more and obviously that is DOMAINING 101.

If you are telling me the previous and all that stuff, then you are in the wrong business my friend.!

lol, I have been doing this for a long time so Im not sure how you can say "you are in the wrong business"....its amazing coming from a newb who joined here a few months ago...

When you say the game has changed now, not a lot of has happened with the 3D market in the last few years, and I have been following since it started, have a look at the 3D threads on here, thedomains, DNF and successclick, that will make it a little clearer for you.

Making xxx off a domain, or even x,xxx, is a little different to making a xxx,xxx sale as you mention above.

You only have to look at DNF to see you only just bought the name a few months ago from the owner, so not a lot has changed in last few months

Good luck though, I certainly hope you sell it for that

•••
lol, I have been doing this for a long time so Im not sure how you can say "you are in the wrong business"....its amazing coming from a newb who joined here a few months ago...

When you say the game has changed now, not a lot of has happened with the 3D market in the last few years, and I have been following since it started, have a look at the 3D threads on here, thedomains, DNF and successclick, that will make it a little clearer for you.

Making xxx off a domain, or even x,xxx, is a little different to making a xxx,xxx sale as you mention above.

You only have to look at DNF to see you only just bought the name a few months ago from the owner, so not a lot has changed in last few months

Good luck though, I certainly hope you sell it for that

I have been at DNF for years...n joined NAmepros months ago....n been member at digital point for a decade.

Certainly made more money than you may have online. Ian not here to criticize you, but you certainly lack lot of domaining information.

Don't judge me that I have been here member at NP n make me newbie.....this tells me you really make your opinion based on people profile but not on their background, experience and certainly miss the fact they could be member at other forums for years.

Alone from dnf the highest offer has been ranging from 9k to 11k in pm and 6k in thread. Iam not previous seller . Ian motivated seller and know the value given by people in this thread and you are the only person using the fact from previous owner etc and says Previous owner this or that.

When people buy domains for less and sell for a lot mOre they don't say oh they should sell for same or less becuse they bought cheap or previous owner sold it cheap so he should do same.

This tells me you are so pro and that's why you made millions in domaining becuse you believe in previous owners.

Last edited:
•••
Let's not argue here, ppl. Let's just wish the OP the best of luck :)

•••
•••
•••
despite the digit, it is fairly generic name.
However for some reason, I am not sure of what it could be developed into
I would say $500-$1000

•••
I would say $500-$1000

great feedback lol, including a :digit: makes up the value.

Without digit, such as ThreeDMovie.com makes it worthless imo.

thanks for the feedback :)P

•••
This is one of those rare times with the digit is needed. No one refers to the technology as "three-D." As for development: I'm not sure, either, but I think it was blue.com that was bought a few years back, by a guy who merely parked the domain. Even I bought LazyIdiot(s).com without a plan for the pair. Moral: A development plan isn't needed for a purchase, whether it be a small purchase like LazyIdiot(s).com or blue.com. If someone wants it, they'll buy it.

I would say $500-$1000

•••
I would say $500-$1000

I guess ThreeDeeMovie.com is supposed to be the "good" domain, right? :p

•••
Moral: A development plan isn't needed for a purchase, whether it be a small purchase like LazyIdiot(s).com or blue.com. If someone wants it, they'll buy it.
domain names are valuable because eventually they can be developed in some kind of websites.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

I guess ThreeDeeMovie.com is supposed to be the "good" domain, right? :p
was just saying that google generally does not like digits, neither do the users. Do facebook.com, google.com, yahoo.com, ebay.com., twitter.com have any digits in them (even 3d)? Dah!

•••
domain names are valuable because eventually they can be developed in some kind of websites.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

was just saying that google generally does not like digits, neither do the users. Do facebook.com, google.com, yahoo.com, ebay.com., twitter.com have any digits in them (even 3d)? Dah!

You certainly should not appraise domain names. Your posts are not making any sense lol dah!

•••
1.) No. Domains are commonly bought for sentimental reasons or simply from preference. Development isn't always ever in plans. I bought the "Lazy" domains plus MentallyRetarded.net because I wanted them, not because I ever planned on developing. The end-goal is rarely an enduser. Probably the vast majority of domains are NEVER developed but are only bought to "hold on" to. Development isn't always the goal.

2.) "google generally does not like digits, neither do the users" is inaccurate, at least with the users part. Many users prefer numbers. I doubt anyone would rather say "nine o'clock" or "seventeen bucks" or, per your argument, "three D."

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back