Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainscoop

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been at DNF for years...n joined NAmepros months ago....n been member at digital point for a decade.

Certainly made more money than you may have online. Ian not here to criticize you, but you certainly lack lot of domaining information.

Don't judge me that I have been here member at NP n make me newbie.....this tells me you really make your opinion based on people profile but not on their background, experience and certainly miss the fact they could be member at other forums for years.
????: NamePros.com http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=761632

Alone from dnf the highest offer has been ranging from 9k to 11k in pm and 6k in thread. Iam not previous seller . Ian motivated seller and know the value given by people in this thread and you are the only person using the fact from previous owner etc and says Previous owner this or that.

When people buy domains for less and sell for a lot mOre they don't say oh they should sell for same or less becuse they bought cheap or previous owner sold it cheap so he should do same.

This tells me you are so pro and that's why you made millions in domaining becuse you believe in previous owners.

Ok, whatever you say, good luck with it, feel free to share the price when you sell it. ;)

•••
Ok, whatever you say, good luck with it, feel free to share the price when you sell it. ;)

That whatever attitude is what you need to keep out of this thread. Anyhow will share the price:)

•••
That whatever attitude is what you need to keep out of this thread. Anyhow will share the price

I look forward to it

...and you wont be keeping me out this thread, you asked for appraisals, you need to take the good appraisals with the bad appraisals, everyone here has taken time out of thir day to give you a "free' appraisal

•••
ok, good luck to the OP

I wish you all the best with the name

•••
•••
If you have been receiving plenty of 15k to 20k offers then one would have to say that is what the name is worth. Seems fair to me. I agree with some others I cannot see how this can be developed.

Good luck to the OP anyway. :)

•••
1.) No. Domains are commonly bought for sentimental reasons or simply from preference. Development isn't always ever in plans. I bought the "Lazy" domains plus MentallyRetarded.net because I wanted them, not because I ever planned on developing. The end-goal is rarely an enduser. Probably the vast majority of domains are NEVER developed but are only bought to "hold on" to. Development isn't always the goal.
Development may be not the goal of a domain investor, however the domain value is determined by the scarcity of domains available for development vs. demand. Eventually, good names are sold to the end users for big bucks and not for sentimental value. People hold good names without developing them in expectation of their value appreciation which comes from the fact that more domains are being taken away from the market (being developed). Some domains will be never developed, just resold, but will still increase in value BECAUSE of other domain development leading to decreasing supply for good names!
2.) "google generally does not like digits, neither do the users" is inaccurate, at least with the users part. Many users prefer numbers. I doubt anyone would rather say "nine o'clock" or "seventeen bucks" or, per your argument, "three D."
I did not mean "Three D" is better than 3D. In this particular case 3d is the right keyword and not "three d". However there are few popular sites with numbers in it. 3dmovie.com will never look as good in the address bar as movie.com (may be its just me)

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

You certainly should not appraise domain names. Your posts are not making any sense lol dah!
yes, they need brains to understand, also you are welcome

Last edited:
•••
I think you're confusing something here. These aren't even arguments I've been making.

Development may be not the goal of a domain investor, however the domain value is determined by the scarcity of domains available for development vs. demand. Eventually, good names are sold to the end users for big bucks and not for sentimental value. People hold good names without developing them in expectation of their value appreciation which comes from the fact that more domains are being taken away from the market (being developed). Some domains will be never developed, just resold, but will still increase in value BECAUSE of other domain development leading to decreasing supply for good names!

I did not mean "Three D" is better than 3D. In this particular case 3d is the right keyword and not "three d". However there are few popular sites with numbers in it. 3dmovie.com will never look as good in the address bar as movie.com (may be its just me)

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

•••
If you have been receiving plenty of 15k to 20k offers then one would have to say that is what the name is worth. Seems fair to me. I agree with some others I cannot see how this can be developed.

Good luck to the OP anyway. :)

And if you haven't then maybe it's not!

Especially as this thread keeps bumpety bumping to the top.

•••

My friend I know you landed from mars so I can say your lengthy posts still didn't make sense:)

•••
Please keep the thread on topic with the appraisal of 3dmovie.com and less personal attacks on other members appraisal abilities.

Thanks,

Eric lyon

•••
Please keep the thread on topic with the appraisal of 3dmovie.com and less personal attacks on other members appraisal abilities.

Thanks,

Eric lyon

No one is saying anything about the ops appraisal abilities... some are just saying that his expectations are higher than they should be and that he is probably relying too much on the offers that allegedly came from his mom and dad.

•••
That's the short & skinny of it.

No one is saying anything about the ops appraisal abilities... some are just saying that his expectations are higher than they should be and that he is probably relying too much on the offers that allegedly came from his mom and dad.

•••

Its not about my expectations. Only one person talked about my expectations because he knew the pervious owner.

If you can go back and check the thread and checked how many people appraised the domain the correctly and only one person (gilscoey) talked about the domain appraisal the other way around because he owns 3dmovie.net and knew the previous owner, and also his price for his 3dmovie.net domain is in 6k to sell which I told him I am interested in buying.

Also Ask your MOM and Dad To Teach you how to follow the THread Correctly!

Read the thread properly and then put in your feedback.

Once again thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Directly from the TRAFFIC site:

Lot #101 Tumors.com (No Reserve)
Lot #102 Fibre.com ($1 Reserve)
Lot #103 3dMovie.com (Aggressively Priced)
Lot #104 DesPlaines.com ($1000 Reserve)
Lot #105 (Awaiting Signed Contract)
Lot#106 gtldforum.com (No Reserve)
Lot#107 gTLD.org ($1000 Reserve)

There is a reason that Rick says that 3dmovie.com is "aggressively priced". He did not even list the reserve you gave.

That should tell you something. :imho:

Also, do you know that 3D.COM sold for $500,000 8 months ago?
That should be a good indicator to determine value of 3d"something" names (of which there are plenty).

Last edited:
•••
Pretty much everyone said it sold for WAY too little though. Just sayin'

Also, do you know that 3D.COM sold for $500,000 8 months ago?
That should be a good indicator to determine value of 3d"something" names (of which there are plenty).

•••
3D movie is a two-way video to the right eye in the left eye and with, you need to use glasses to separate them, and were assigned to the lens of the left eye and right eye lenses.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back