Domain Empire

discuss 3 Letter Domains – Lethal Weapons! (Domainer.com.au)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would you be disappointed if your competition or some other business acquired “YOUR ACRONYM”?

opening premise is a fallacy.

why?

because.....

it's not "YOURS", if the competition or some other business acquired it.

people who think that way, are assuming entitlement of something they don't possess.

imo...

•••
•••
Awesome article.... thanks for sharing!

•••
•••
Sure, had luck with selling 3L domains?

Not really any confirmed 3L sales yet, all my 3L domains are .co.za's - Not many domainers have started investing in co.za domains yet. There are only a few that know how valuable they are from doing their research and checking past sales figures but so far I find sales are generally slow. For me, I'm getting more interest on from the end user market for .co.za domains than from domainers. Will keep you posted if I get any 3L sales soon...

•••
That's what you want! Interest and sales from end users, not investors. .ZA all the way. :)

Not really any confirmed 3L sales yet, all my 3L domains are .co.za's - Not many domainers have started investing in co.za domains yet. There are only a few that know how valuable they are from doing their research and checking past sales figures but so far I find sales are generally slow. For me, I'm getting more interest on from the end user market for .co.za domains than from domainers. Will keep you posted if I get any 3L sales soon...

•••
That's what you want! Interest and sales from end users, not investors. .ZA all the way. :)

Yeah dude for sure, end users are always preferred. The end user interest is for mainly my single word .co.za domains and some of the 3L's as well. I'm just surprised that my 2L and 3L combo deal has not been scooped up yet here on NP. I priced it low for a quick sale but they haven't been scooped up yet...

•••
If your domains only appeal to end users, you have good domains.

Does South Africa prefer certain 3L combos? I assume vowels are good?

Yeah dude for sure, end users are always preferred. The end user interest is for mainly my single word .co.za domains and some of the 3L's as well. I'm just surprised that my 2L and 3L combo deal has not been scooped up yet here on NP. I priced it low for a quick sale but they haven't been scooped up yet...

•••
If your domains only appeal to end users, you have good domains.

Does South Africa prefer certain 3L combos? I assume vowels are good?

Yeah I have some really good single word ones... :) and some 2 word ones as well... like domainsales.co.za :)

Basically in SA you need not worry about chips and non chips... people would generally grab 3L combo's for the same reasons mentioned in the article u posted. They would be mainly for abbreviations of business names. I also have some 3L Chinese surnames in .co.za - As much as that might seem downright idiotic to grab Chinese surnames for a .co.za domain... the logic here is that South Africa and China share an amazing trade relationship (basically South Africa is China's bitch...lol) Over the hears thousands of Chinese nationals have flocked to South Africa many many more are still coming over to open businesses. There are loads of Chinese communities here, China malls are basically in every city as well.... So my thinking is that grabbing some Chinese relevant .co.za domains might be a good investment down the line :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back