IT.COM

3 Letter Domains in .me.uk and .org.uk: any value?

Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

My question is in regards to 3 letter (all letters) domains in the extensions of .me.uk and .org.uk. Does a decent 3 letter name in these extensions hold any real resale or wholesale value?

For example, say the names sgp.me.uk or sgp.me.uk (I just completely made these up for an example and do not own these names). Do these have any decent value?

Thanks and I value your reply and your thoughts!

Thank you,
Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. I dont think that any subdomains of subdomains have value

•••
No value at all,except you have a name like s*x.

•••
Or if they are funny.

Like f*ck.me.uk

•••
IMHO of the two org.uk is the better choice, as it is used by non profits in the uk eg nominet.org.uk, which regulates uk domains. If you can find an exact fit with a uk organisation it might have some value. Essentially in the uk .co.uk is equivalent to .com and .org.uk is is equivalent to .org.

•••
Its nice getting a .me.uk that fits.

I own www.cloning.me.uk which I thinks pretty cool.

•••
me.uk are for homepages right, not real enduser market.

.org.uk kinda good for 3letter if you find a enduser. Find good letter no shit.

•••
I have a two char (NN) org.uk, I had an end user in mind, but it didn't work. Now I have two char .uk and don't have a slightest idea, what to do with it. I won't reg any org.uks anymore, unless it's s*x.org.uk or cyb.org.uk

•••
Hello All,

I thank you all for your comments. I really don't have a lot of knowledge of these two .uk extensions, and therefore was not sure if they were worthy 3-letter investments, as some decent letter combos are still available.

Your comments will definetely shape my decision of how or whether to invest in these names!

Thank you!
Andrew

•••
•••
I'm sure glad I searched here at NamePros first. I saw that InternetProvider.me.uk was available and since "internet provider" gets a bajillion hits on overture I thought it might be good. Maybe not. Maybe so?

•••
Plenty of 3 letter .___.uk's left, and some in the "wonderful" .ltd.uk extension as well ;)
(Just kidding... .co.uk well worth it, the others not so much).
Just my .02
-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back