Dynadot

25 LLLL.COM domains was stolen.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aaron123

Established Member
Impact
25 LLLL.COM domains was stolen.

The domains were transferred out of my GoDaddy account and were moved to a namesilo.com and 22.cn.

The following list of domains was stolen and is currently in the process of being reclaimed:

CJQP.COM
GKJM.COM
JHGS.COM
KBXM.COM
KGRQ.COM
KQLD.COM
KQMP.COM
KRNX.COM
KRPZ.COM
KSWN.COM
KWMZ.COM
KXDP.COM
KZGF.COM
KZTQ.COM
MTYN.COM
RZJB.COM
SXDF.COM
DRQW.COM
RQCQ.COM
PQKT.COM
QFPW.COM
GYLZ.COM
GGYL.COM
GYLG.COM
GYLN.COM

Please don't buy those domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all, I am very grateful to all the people help me.And thanks @namesilo can reply this message.But @namesilo when my domains have been stolen that day.I used [email protected](My namesilo account mail) this email account send you a email. asking you to help lock the domains, to prevent them from transferring or trading.But you didn't reply to my mail.And when GoDaddy contact namesilo. But you do not have time to lock the domains, and now some of the domains whois information has been changed.

Attachments

• 123456.png
    123456.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 35
•••
First of all, I am very grateful to all the people help me.And thanks @namesilo can reply this message.But @namesilo when my domains have been stolen that day.I used [email protected](My namesilo account mail) this email account send you a email. asking you to help lock the domains, to prevent them from transferring or trading.But you didn't reply to my mail.And when GoDaddy contact namesilo. But you do not have time to lock the domains, and now some of the domains whois information has been changed.

The domains have all been locked, regardless of WHOIS changes, while we continue to investigate this case. Thanks

•••
i had a few domains stolen a few years ago,
when doing an exhaustive antivirus and malware/spyware scan, i figured out how they did it

an seo addon for firefox, had a script that send all the user/password stored in firefox to an email address. after that never used these automated passwords stored on any browser.

•••
i had a few domains stolen a few years ago,
when doing an exhaustive antivirus and malware/spyware scan, i figured out how they did it

an seo addon for firefox, had a script that send all the user/password stored in firefox to an email address. after that never used these automated passwords stored on any browser.

2 factor all the way.

•••
2 factor all the way.

in this case they had my user/password for my namecheap account and a lot of the cpanel's i manage,
thanks i never stored any email address user/password with this firefox addon

the security breach had nothing to do with Namecheap, but my browser in the first place.
actually Namecheap acted fast, and limited the damage by locking my account as soon as i contacted them.

by the way, a few years ago Firefox had the false reputation of being the safer and more secure browser available.

•••
Yep, worst nightmare for any domainer.

We need biometric scans + 2 factor + password then I'll feel safer.

•••
Yep, worst nightmare for any domainer.

We need biometric scans + 2 factor + password then I'll feel safer.

Yes, this is why we offer both 2FA and Domain Defender which requires answering between 1-5 user-submitted security questions prior to making any changes to domains.

•••
My recently sold domain is so secure in HiChina that I can't obtain transfer auth code to give to buyer to initiate transfer as I'm not receiving the 2FA SMS code. Lol

•••
My recently sold domain is so secure in HiChina that I can't obtain transfer auth code to give to buyer to initiate transfer as I'm not receiving the 2FA SMS code. Lol

This is why we prefer 2FA without relying on SMS. We find it much better to use systems such as Google Authenticator, Authy, etc.

•••
This is why we prefer 2FA without relying on SMS. We find it much better to use systems such as Google Authenticator, Authy, etc.

The downside to those is that it makes it tough to access your account from computers that aren't your own. What I'd like to see is a 2FA implementation that uses something along the lines of a yubikey. That way you get the best of both worlds. The only downside is the expense of the key, but beyond that they're the best solution I've seen.

•••
The downside to those is that it makes it tough to access your account from computers that aren't your own. What I'd like to see is a 2FA implementation that uses something along the lines of a yubikey. That way you get the best of both worlds. The only downside is the expense of the key, but beyond that they're the best solution I've seen.

Either a mobile device or physical computer can be used to access the 2FA code. So, if on a computer that has not already been registered as trusted, a person would need only to open the app on their mobile phone to see the code. Thanks

•••
I used two factor authentication a month ago. but because every time I want to log in GoDaddy I will not receive text messages. So I just canceled two factor authentication no long ago.
In my country, we often do not receive the verification code.
I also have this problem. Sometimes it takes 6 hours to receive codes. And when I again try to login they send me new ones that I don't receive! Infinite loop :(

•••
I really hope you get your domains back...all the best

•••
•••
Damn, you basically lost a future House and a Prius.

•••
•••
•••
I am sorry to see after 19 days, there is no resolution. I have switched to 2 factor (gd and ns)and admit the one with namesilo and the 30 seconds can take more than 1 attempt to get the code in right. in that app, I have 2 namesilo icons, its the second one that has the valid code. Some may not understand, my english skills are not as perfect as some may think. however I am disappointed namesilo has taken so long to fix this, of course i don't understand the process, however for me any name that expires at another registrar goes to namesilo now. Noone would steal my crap hand reg names but people are making decisions about using namesilo in the future and I am sure it is worrysome to alot. Hang in their Aaron, I had a link to this post in my sig and will put it back, the more people that know about this, maybe we can save you any more loss or others more pain.

•••
I am sorry to see after 19 days, there is no resolution. I have switched to 2 factor (gd and ns)and admit the one with namesilo and the 30 seconds can take more than 1 attempt to get the code in right. in that app, I have 2 namesilo icons, its the second one that has the valid code. Some may not understand, my english skills are not as perfect as some may think. however I am disappointed namesilo has taken so long to fix this, of course i don't understand the process, however for me any name that expires at another registrar goes to namesilo now. Noone would steal my crap hand reg names but people are making decisions about using namesilo in the future and I am sure it is worrysome to alot. Hang in their Aaron, I had a link to this post in my sig and will put it back, the more people that know about this, maybe we can save you any more loss or others more pain.

I don't have that issue with my namesilo 2fa. Maybe you have to reinstall authy and set it up again from scratch?

•••
I will try that later, obviously I have been neglecting the little things lately, but its time to regain focus. Thanks for the tip

•••
As the OP made this a public issue, we wanted to update the thread to let you all know that the domains have been returned to the OP. Thanks

•••
Kudos to Namesilo, and thanks.

•••
Wonderful news!

I currently have only one name with NameSilo, but I can already see that growing in the near future.

•••
Namesilo is awesome. Starting transferring all my domains to them last year. best prices and value.

Due to this topic, i went ahead and transferred my remaining domains from godaddy to namesilo even though some had nearly a year left.

Great company, and the replies here prove it.
also due to this topic, i enabled two step auth at namesilo, works good.

Hope it all works out and you get your domains back.

•••
Namesilo is awesome. Starting transferring all my domains to them last year. best prices and value.

Due to this topic, i went ahead and transferred my remaining domains from godaddy to namesilo even though some had nearly a year left.

Great company, and the replies here prove it.
also due to this topic, i enabled two step auth at namesilo, works good.

Hope it all works out and you get your domains back.

Thanks - really appreciate your kind words and to have earned your business. As I noted a few posts above, we returned the domains to the OP yesterday. Thanks again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back