IT.COM

.info 25 free .info Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ed0

Established Member
Impact
NOTE: this is not my service, i havent even tested it out..... just sharing in case someone wants to act on it. I don't even know if its legit or not.

link = http://www.namesecure.com/en_US/ind...at=freeInfoPromo&hideSearch=true&packageType=

There's no purchase necessary... The domains are FREE to you for a whole year! And, if you want to keep all or some of them for longer than a year, just renew them later at NameSecure's low price. It's that easy!

If you decide now that you'd like to register new .info domain(s) for more than one year, we'll still give you one year free.

(credit card needed, but really good deal if legit)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if the prices for .info will go up or down ;D
Hehe, well do you think its safe If I let my sister reg 25 domains to ?

•••
I thought .info's could only be registered 2 years at a time... Isn't this only one year free?

•••
Nope, I have regged many before for just one year.

•••
Thanks to DomainSite.com, I finally have a 1 letter domain :D

Oops, I take that back, it turns out that domainsite was too stupid to list single letter domains (letter).name, for sale then say order failed. after taking paypal monies.. time to have a nice talk with them.

Last edited:
•••
Afflias is offering the promo, 25 free domains per registrant, so the advice to not use the offer at different registrars is good. Some places are passing it on as free, some others like enom as lowering the price to $3.

•••
This gives a whole new meaning to reg fee +/- for .info appraisals. :laugh:

•••
Stop it .... I can't think Straight - lol :)

•••
Wonder who is going to break the ice and go first w/ some of their new .info regs?... Anyone else a little curious about what others managed to come up w/ over the past couple of hours? Hmm... Gotta go now. Check back later. :lol:

•••
The names can't be transferred, and the "retail price", which they fail to mention on the offer page, is whatever price they deem fit to charge for .info names one year from now.

exactly!

•••
This is Awesome :)

Any for sale yet ?

:notme:

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer the .info domains registered at DomainSite using the .info offer out to another registar such as Registerfly.com and etc?

•••
Free, but why is a CC needed

•••
It's free for 1 year when you purchace 2 or more years of domain hosting.

•••
You dont have to purchase hosting. On domainsite, when you come to buy them for 0$, and you see those two check boxes under the name, just dont check them, and continue on. As others have said, these names truely are free.. with no catches.. as of yet. :) I registered quite a few game related names. Will be developing them all next month :)

•••
Oh, I was talking about namesucure.com (first post)

How do they stop you from regestering 5 million domain names on that site?

•••
Probably associate your IP with recently registered domains.

edit: I think I killed DomainSite :( I went to the domain name generator and typed in free and domain. Now it won't load :(

Last edited:
•••
Heh, I dont know if its just me but im having a hard time changing the name servers for the .info domains registered at DomainSite.

•••
•••
Just reg my free 25 .infos with them.. WOHOOOOO :) :gn:

•••
I got my 25 with domainsite.. they are awsome. We can transfer the domains to another person account at domainsite. and its such a nice offer..

•••
I wonder if the prices for .info will go up or down

My best guess is that for the short term, there is not going to be alot of activity in .info sales, so the price, in general will go down, or remain at a plateau. However, the long term effect has got to be a price rise, as significantly more .info names will be regged which will effect the supply/demand balance.

In the long run, for disseminating information from a portal, .info is hard to beat, and if you look at the DNJournal list of "minor" tlds, .info is outselling all others. It is a good tld. My guess is that this promotion was initiated to stimulate the growth of .info, which has been somewhat flat over past few months, from what I have seen.(Possibly due to the rush on .US, an increase in .biz regs, and the general interes in 3LLL, NNN, and mixed character names.) Any other ideas on this?

PS any guess on how long this promotion will run? I want to reg some more @ 3.99, which is a great price.

•••
More than likely the .Info market will be flooded for a while ... But long term I think this will Help more than Hinder the Current Domain sales. They are pulling in some Long Term clients who may have considered a .Us etc ... ~ IMO .....

•••
I just registered mine, I'm gonna make a new account and register 25 more. :)

Oops, nevermind about registering 25 more. Forgot they have my IP address.

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla said:
My best guess is that for the short term, there is not going to be alot of activity in .info sales, so the price, in general will go down, or remain at a plateau. However, the long term effect has got to be a price rise, as significantly more .info names will be regged which will effect the supply/demand balance.

In the long run, for disseminating information from a portal, .info is hard to beat, and if you look at the DNJournal list of "minor" tlds, .info is outselling all others. It is a good tld. My guess is that this promotion was initiated to stimulate the growth of .info, which has been somewhat flat over past few months, from what I have seen.(Possibly due to the rush on .US, an increase in .biz regs, and the general interes in 3LLL, NNN, and mixed character names.) Any other ideas on this?

PS any guess on how long this promotion will run? I want to reg some more @ 3.99, which is a great price.

You are right on with your observations. The registrars/registry know that some people will develop some of the names and decide to keep them, there may even be a drop market for .info next year and the visibility of all these names will only help.

chris

•••
You can to BOTH Domainsite and NameSecure

Riceman said:
Affilias will be watching it closely. They will be billing the registrar full price for names registered over the 25. I am sure the registrar will bill you in turn

Afilias' restriction is 25 per registrant PER REGISTRAR... so you can do both registrars' 25 free .info promotion.

Another post in this thread had it wrong...

I just registered at NameSecure... they've been around forever, and I trust them with my .coms....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back