NameSilo

.info 1and1.com: Free .info?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I received an email from 1and1.com offering up to 25 free .info domain names (for the first year). Anyone had any problems with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have heard a lot of bad things about them

•••
Yeah same with me, 1and1 does not give you full control of your domain(s).

•••
http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=48781

And I think 1and1.com is great. Everyone says bad things about them, but I've never had troubles and their customer service is top-notch toward me. Maybe they've turned around so that they can kill the bad rumors?

•••
Raf: What do they not allow you to do?

•••
My biggest complaint with them (I have two domains thru them) is there's no easy way to just push a domain to a buyer. The buyer either has to have a paid account with them already or be willing to give you their CC info so you can do the transfer. The .info offer sounds tempting but I think I'd rather xfer my current domains away from them.

jehnidiah said:
Raf: What do they not allow you to do?

•••
Personally I haven't used them, but I haven't heard to many good things about them.

•••
i am one of the people who had bad experance with them. But i have used them again 2 reg a couple of free .info and there system is loads better now than before. You do now have some control over your domains with out the need to contact them to make changes. There is still no internal push system but the best thing about this is that uk customers with switch/solo can now register free .info

•••
The problem is: the .info is free this year, but what will it cost to renew it?

•••
dgridley said:
The problem is: the .info is free this year, but what will it cost to renew it?

cant expect much from something thats a free......but then you can do lots of things with the name in a year too!

•••
Right on RedHippo. If I complete 2 info projects off of my wishlist over next year, I' :) ll be a happy camper.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back