Dynadot

.info 25 free .info Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ed0

Established Member
Impact
NOTE: this is not my service, i havent even tested it out..... just sharing in case someone wants to act on it. I don't even know if its legit or not.

link = http://www.namesecure.com/en_US/ind...at=freeInfoPromo&hideSearch=true&packageType=

There's no purchase necessary... The domains are FREE to you for a whole year! And, if you want to keep all or some of them for longer than a year, just renew them later at NameSecure's low price. It's that easy!

If you decide now that you'd like to register new .info domain(s) for more than one year, we'll still give you one year free.

(credit card needed, but really good deal if legit)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is credit card needed?

•••
Am I right to assume that the company owns the names for the first year and then offers you a higher renewal price to buy them for yourself?

•••
Seem to good to be true. Uh-oh.

My guess is that there is a catch. (duh) The names can't be transferred, and the "retail price", which they fail to mention on the offer page, is whatever price they deem fit to charge for .info names one year from now. To keep one name registered, does the buyer need to renew all 25 names as part of the "package deal". On what date are the names auto-renewed and your credit card charged? Will there be a follow-up email stating that the names will renew @$24.95 one year from now, but for a limited time, if you renew now, the price will be only $14.95? I also notice that in their example of how to enter your names for regististration, (given to help out the uninitiated, no doubt), they lead w/ a .com name, which is not covered by the "deal", which could lead a first timer, attracted by the "free" offer, to register a non-info name.

There are far too many companies, large and small that are relying on misunderstanding, neglect and/or forgetfullness to make a profit. This seems to be the new way of doing business.

Too many loose ends and unanswered questions, no track record that I am aware of, and they have discretionary access to my credit card? They could be totally legit, but I will pass. 25 "free" name regs just seems too good to be true.

Last edited:
•••
Just regged one, and WHOIS shows it's under my name. I got charged 1 cent, probably only to check my card.

•••
I hope that my doubts are wrong, that they are above board and that everything works out for all involved. That would be refreshing. How much is your renewal? Also, at the risk of appearing overly picky, $.01 is not free, and they have already made a charge on your credit card.

Last edited:
•••
It's legit!
www.DomainSite.com has a similar (actually, it's better!) offer! I wonder how many will follow!?
And RegisterFly lowered their .INFO prices to $4.99 each.

•••
•••
Awesome, thanks for mentioning that beshopalula. Are you sure though there are no side-effects after registering .info domains from DomainSite?

•••
Want some more info about this.

•••
Want some more info about this.

What the...??! Well, today has to be all up hill, (or is that downhill), after that one.
It's legit!
www.DomainSite.com has a similar (actually, it's better!) offer! I wonder how many will follow!?
And RegisterFly lowered their .INFO prices to $4.99 each.

Tx beshapauloula. Checked out DomainSite, who I have been doing biz w/, and see now, it's the real deal. Time to dust off that .info list and see what's avail. Glad that my scepticism proved to be wrong!

Last edited:
•••
Yes, Raf, I am positive.

However, as I posted on my site just now:

DomainDiscount24 https://www.domaindiscount24.net/?page=info_promo also offers a similar promotion now, until September 30th 2004!

Now, I don't advise registering 25 .INFO names at each registrar, or from multiple accounts. Why, you ask!?

Well, first of all, it gives other people much less of a chance registering some good names they want.
And second because, as DomainDiscount24 states with their promotion, "... any additional registrations made e.g. with modified account or WHOIS-Information will be treated as fraudulent and these registrations will be treated as normal registrations and also billed in such a way".
I would not be surprised if that actually extends to 'additional registrations made elsewhere', (and) be they with genuine WHOIS info or not.

Afilias (the .INFO registry behind all these special .INFO deals for the various registrars) probably allows 'only' 25 free .INFO names per person. If you register 25 free names at each registrar, your credit card may actually get charged eventually for names 26 and up. Ouch!

•••
beshopalula said:
Yes, Raf, I am positive.

If you register 25 free names at each registrar, your credit card may actually get charged eventually for names 26 and up. Ouch![/color]

Affilias will be watching it closely. They will be billing the registrar full price for names registered over the 25. I am sure the registrar will bill you in turn

•••
The thing is at DomainSite they dont ask you for any credit card info, so I guess its okay then right. Like you dont have to worry about being charged or anything? :-/

•••
Legally, if the whois is under your name, you are allowed to transfer the domain away from them... have anybody tried this yet?

•••
Where is the best and most trusted place to use this offer then ?

•••
cmos said:
Where is the best and most trusted place to use this offer then ?
I just used DomainSite and everything went fine. I don't know if they are the most trusted, but I have been using them for a few months now and I have not had any problems.

•••
Thanks for sharing this with us, I'm going to register 25 free .info domains and see how it goes. :tu:

•••
Hey, mine just went through at DomainSite, and feel very comfortable w/ them. Wasn't too good to be true afterall! Sorry to have been a "doubting Thomas" earlier. :guilty:

Appreciate the post and hope everyone did well w/ their names. :tu: TX.

•••
This really is an awesome offer, I think many people will make use of this and maybe one day .info will become as big as .com's

•••
Hmm I cant get it working without filling in any payment options ?

•••
cmos said:
Hmm I cant get it working without filling in any payment options ?
Choose the credit card option, but don't enter in any info at all and submit. It will continue without asking you to fill it out.

•••
Are you talking about DomainSite though?

•••
yes, at Domainsite just pay using funds in your account and dont enter your credit card info and it works just fine

•••
Hehe this rule just put registered 25 hi-quality domain ;D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back