Watch

Do you wait a Black Friday promos?

• 97 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Every year we wait for this Friday and this "sacred" Monday to save on their favorite domains. This year is no exception. From this day starts the last 7 before the start of one of the biggest holidays "Black Friday".

In this post, I suggest discussing and posting links to upcoming promotions. Black Friday and cyber Monday are just 7 days away and I'm sure we're all ready to make the most of the amazing deals online.

Check Black Friday deals in next message

meme (97).jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ah ok, try contact them via CHAT multiple times, so they can make your case Urgent!

Thanks for your sane advice. I was in contact with the chat a few times. My verification process didn't complete successfully. Chat helped me there by suggesting to attach the id with my reply to the verification email i had received. I hope it works finally.

•••
If you are using Epik nameservers (ns3.epik.com and ns4.epik.com), add the domain to your Epik account, you can set the DNS records from Epik, yes

I stay available in case you need help

Gube

@Gube Does email forwarding work also in this case - for external domains pointed to Epik nameservers

•••
Oh no! I am sorry to hear that.
Wish they don't do that to my domain registrations too though, ..sorry for my selfish thinking :(

Weren't you asked for verification by them?

No, I wasn't. I just suddenly received refunds and that's it. I paid using PayPal if that matters

Last edited:
•••
Registered 5 domains from Hostpapa. 5x$1

•••
No, I wasn't. I just suddenly received refunds and that's it. I paid using PayPal if that matters

To be sure search for an email from 'hostpapa' in your inbox just in case you missed it.

•••
To be sure search for an email from 'hostpapa' in your inbox just in case you missed it.

Actually I just found it in the spam folder (oh of course :facepalm:). It says: "There is no name on the created account. Could you please provide us your first and last name so we can proceed with the activation? Unfortunately, if we do not hear from you within the next 24 hours, we will need to cancel your order."

So now at least I know why my orders were canceled and refunded. All other emails from them landed in my main folder, this was the only one that managed to land in the spam folder :D Ironically, the most important one.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, now we know why.
Did you forget to fill in your name while registering the domains?

Last edited:
•••
Registered 10 domain for 10$ 2 days ago using paypal at hostpapa... No problem so far...

•••
@Gube Does email forwarding work also in this case - for external domains pointed to Epik nameservers
It should be working too, but if you encounter any issue to set it up, Feel free to PM and we will help

Gube

•••
Yes, now we know why.
Did you forget to fill in your name while registering the domains?

Nope. I filled initial letters of my first name and last name. I did this because I knew there would not be privacy protection on the whois of those domain names and I didn't know if I will be able to edit my personal data that will be displayed there (since others were having problems even changing DNS).

Last edited:
•••
Registered 10 domain for 10$ 2 days ago using paypal at hostpapa... No problem so far...

Are there any restrictions like, expensive domain renewal or no transfer after one year?

•••
They reviewed my account, and because I opted for (2) hosting packages, both the WP and standard version, they refused to fulfill the remaining seven .coms. I had thought I talked to their chat about it, but don't see a record of it, so not sure if I wasn't logged in, or what... Nonetheless, and despite the wasted time and headache, I'm excited to try out the hosting package.

So they didn't fulfill 5 or 10 domains for you after all?

•••
Registered 5 domains from Hostpapa. 5x$1
Can register up to 10 domains, transfer available - confirmed by support
until the 4th of December 10 AM EST.

•••
hahaha they ask me to take a selfie, passport and driver's license

•••
•••
•••
@NameWell you can still try to register domains, the promo is still open.

•••
•••
Hostpapa disappoints..
I submitted a new made-up name .. LendStay.com (a pay and stay concept) which I had a complete business plan ready.. within moments of submitting to hostpapa. its registered by someone on namesilo now.. so quick to steal. They have put it on uni market for sale too.

Last edited:
•••
With Hostpapa, it did take a while (3 days), but they registered my 10 .coms finally and I'm happy so far.

I can set custom nameservers and request transfer EPP from the dashboard easily.

•••
With Hostpapa, it did take a while (3 days), but they registered my 10 .coms finally and I'm happy so far.

I can set custom nameservers and request transfer EPP from the dashboard easily.

Did you registered 10 domains at once? I have tried to register one domain at $1 price and they told me that I should wait for confirmation email? Is that what you wait for 3 days?

•••
Did you registered 10 domains at once? I have tried to register one domain at $1 price and they told me that I should wait for confirmation email? Is that what you wait for 3 days?

Not at once, over the span of 4 days. You don't need to wait for a confirmation email to order more. Support said that you can place multiple orders before account is created. As long as you use the same email address, domains will be attached to the same account.

They sent "Welcome to the HostPapa family!" and a bunch of other emails for each order with the same Client ID and no password. I clicked on ''forgot password" to reset it.

So the first order was Nov 29. I was able to access account and see domains actually registered on Dec 2. In the meantime, I had to verify credit card via validation.com link.

I actually registered 11. domain yesterday just to test. It apparently worked but we'll see. If there's 10 domains limit, it seems they are counting domains manually :xf.grin:

•••
Not at once, over the span of 4 days. You don't need to wait for a confirmation email to order more. Support said that you can place multiple orders before account is created. As long as you use the same email address, domains will be attached to the same account.

They sent "Welcome to the HostPapa family!" and a bunch of other emails for each order with the same Client ID and no password. I clicked on ''forgot password" to reset it.

So the first order was Nov 29. I was able to access account and see domains actually registered on Dec 2. In the meantime, I had to verify credit card via validation.com link.

I actually registered 11. domain yesterday just to test. It apparently worked but we'll see. If there's 10 domains limit, it seems they are counting domains manually :xf.grin:

I have placed order, and I am waiting for confirmation email so I could be registered member. But my domain appears to be still unregistered!? When I become registered member would I wait again so much for registration of domain?

Last edited:
•••
•••
yup
and I dont have license or passport
I haven't been asked for any document during submission process once I applied for registration of domain!?

•••
Back