Watch

Do you wait a Black Friday promos?

• 97 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Every year we wait for this Friday and this "sacred" Monday to save on their favorite domains. This year is no exception. From this day starts the last 7 before the start of one of the biggest holidays "Black Friday".

In this post, I suggest discussing and posting links to upcoming promotions. Black Friday and cyber Monday are just 7 days away and I'm sure we're all ready to make the most of the amazing deals online.

Check Black Friday deals in next message

meme (97).jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But my domain appears to be still unregistered!?
That's "normal" in their book. Same happened to me and everyone else.

When I become registered member would I wait again so much for reistration of domain?

No, it goes much faster when you're registered. I can't tell exactly, but it's still not instant. Domain appears in the dashboard within 1-2 hours from order maybe.

I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but I go to "Register New Domain" tab from the dashboard, and then confirm order (don't forget to disable extras). If you go from the homepage, even if you're logged in, you'll see "create account" button instead of "confirm order".

•••
That's "normal" in their book. Same happened to me and everyone else.

No, it goes much faster when you're registered. I can't tell exactly, but it's still not instant. Domain appears in the dashboard within 1-2 hours from order maybe.

I'm not sure if this makes any difference, but I go to "Register New Domain" tab from the dashboard, and then confirm order (don't forget to disable extras). If you go from the homepage, even if you're logged in, you'll see "create account" button instead of "confirm order".

Thank you! Do you have any other problems, like changing NameServers? What about push is it easy, have you tried? Auth code?

•••
No problems so far. I was able to set nameservers for external hosting (1&1). I don't know about push or transfer yet. There's an option to send auth code to email. I didn't try this as you can't transfer in the first 60 days anyway.

•••
Anyone knows . how long will it take the domains to reflect in account which Registered under HOSTPAPA ?

•••
Anyone knows . how long will it take the domains to reflect in account which Registered under HOSTPAPA ?
My fastest was about 2 hr and the longest about 42 hr but eventually all 10 appeared. I was a preexisting customer with an account prior to these deals.

•••
My fastest was about 2 hr and the longest about 42 hr but eventually all 10 appeared. I was a preexisting customer with an account prior to these deals.
Thanks Bob

•••
Looks like the promo is ended? I have registered one domain... and now it appears $10,99 price.

•••
nominalia.com still seems to run $1 promotion. You can register 2 domains and the process is much smoother than Hostpapa.

•••
nominalia.com still seems to run $1 promotion. You can register 2 domains and the process is much smoother than Hostpapa.
Only for EU citizens?

•••
I wonder if they hide whois info for GDPR, or not. Because Hostpapa told me they are not going to hide it, because they're a Canadian company, and they're complying to Canadian law.

•••
Only for EU citizens?

I'm in Serbia, so not EU citizen (although still Europe).

I wonder if they hide whois info for GDPR, or not. Because Hostpapa told me they are not going to hide it, because they're a Canadian company, and they're complying to Canadian law.

I can't find anything regarding GDPR. You can add whois privacy for €6

•••
•••
•••
Sorry for the double post, my VPN is lagging.

•••
I signed up for HostPapa today - no domains but the 3 yr hosting deal. Took apx 12 hours to process but no issues.

•••
Hostpapa 1$ .com has come to an end. Thanks anyway for the fantastic offer.

•••

https://www.nominalia.com/quienes-somos/condiciones-legales/ofertas/?lang=en

The offers are valid only for EU Clients (for Clients EU is defined as natural or legal persons residing in the European Union). In the case of purchases made by Clients resident outside the EU, the promotion will not be valid and the price will be applied without any discount.

•••
hhhh no promo, namesilo was $6.99 for a while just.

•••

Hi @vinothayyavu
Be careful while submitting your names to hostpapa.com you may loose them instantly. That's what happened to me. Have a look at the mails below for your info.

The mail I sent to hostpapa after loosing my name:

Hi,

The name I had submitted for registration LENDSTAY.COM and paid for it vide order#660346 is already registered by someone. This was a fresh made-up name was meant for an immediate business launch.

Your reply mail request and ID verification requirements will surely not fetch my name back since, its already gone within 24 Hrs of me submitting it (20 Hrs to be exact) though you had given me 24 Hrs time for ID verification.

I had tweeted this to the Hostpapa authorities on the same day. Not registering name for me is not the problem, because of discounted price offer or the verification requirements, I can understand it. But, loosing the name altogether to another registrant (probably insider) because its a made up name and a third party registering it is almost not possible within that short period that too within 24 hrs of registering is what makes me feel victimized.

Now the registrant has put the name for sale at a premium (our work and idea and now, his property). Anyways, if an insider is involved please ask him to give that name to me at 5 times the reg fee, that's my offer. He may email me on this ID and I'll pay through credit card or paypal.

Regards,

Krish.

The current whois info:

Domain Name: LENDSTAY.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2462816588_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namesilo.com
Updated Date: 2019-12-05T14:30:28Z
Creation Date: 2019-12-03T11:42:32Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-12-03T11:42:32Z
Registrar: NameSilo, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 1479
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4805240066
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: NS1.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
Name Server: NS2.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Their reply:

[email protected]

Fri, Dec 6, 10:17 PM (21 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Krish

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately the domain is not registered within HostPapa so we cannot provide additional information. As we did not receive a response to our previous messages regarding the Identity verification, the orders have been cancelled and the authorized funds voided. You should see these back in your account within 3-5 days depending on your bank's policies.

Should you have any question, please contact us again.

•••
Hi @vinothayyavu
Be careful while submitting your names to hostpapa.com you may loose them instantly. That's what happened to me. Have a look at the mails below for your info.

The mail I sent to hostpapa after loosing my name:

Hi,

The name I had submitted for registration LENDSTAY.COM and paid for it vide order#660346 is already registered by someone. This was a fresh made-up name was meant for an immediate business launch.

Your reply mail request and ID verification requirements will surely not fetch my name back since, its already gone within 24 Hrs of me submitting it (20 Hrs to be exact) though you had given me 24 Hrs time for ID verification.

I had tweeted this to the Hostpapa authorities on the same day. Not registering name for me is not the problem, because of discounted price offer or the verification requirements, I can understand it. But, loosing the name altogether to another registrant (probably insider) because its a made up name and a third party registering it is almost not possible within that short period that too within 24 hrs of registering is what makes me feel victimized.

Now the registrant has put the name for sale at a premium (our work and idea and now, his property). Anyways, if an insider is involved please ask him to give that name to me at 5 times the reg fee, that's my offer. He may email me on this ID and I'll pay through credit card or paypal.

Regards,

Krish.

The current whois info:

Domain Name: LENDSTAY.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2462816588_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namesilo.com
Updated Date: 2019-12-05T14:30:28Z
Creation Date: 2019-12-03T11:42:32Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-12-03T11:42:32Z
Registrar: NameSilo, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 1479
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4805240066
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: NS1.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
Name Server: NS2.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

Their reply:

[email protected]

Fri, Dec 6, 10:17 PM (21 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Krish

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately the domain is not registered within HostPapa so we cannot provide additional information. As we did not receive a response to our previous messages regarding the Identity verification, the orders have been cancelled and the authorized funds voided. You should see these back in your account within 3-5 days depending on your bank's policies.

Should you have any question, please contact us again.
Thats sad to hear. They surely need to work on their verification processes, one can't wait for being verified for that long.

•••
I see Namecheap have a holiday promotion starting in about 10 hours time.
They don't give details but apparently 5 different extensions are going to be deeply discounted, as well as some hosting and security services.
Go here to see deals when they go live.
Bob

(No association with company, no affiliate link)

•••
That Black Friday & Monday deals thread CLOSED after one months promotions by registrars.

Please, do not reply and do not send new messages. Thank you very much and have a nice day!

meme (277).jpg

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back