Watch

Do you wait a Black Friday promos?

• 97 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Every year we wait for this Friday and this "sacred" Monday to save on their favorite domains. This year is no exception. From this day starts the last 7 before the start of one of the biggest holidays "Black Friday".

In this post, I suggest discussing and posting links to upcoming promotions. Black Friday and cyber Monday are just 7 days away and I'm sure we're all ready to make the most of the amazing deals online.

Check Black Friday deals in next message

meme (97).jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Furquah are you sure it is possible to edit dns records from Epik panel for external domains?

The reply sent to me from Epik support was:
"The DNS records have to be updated at the registrar where the domain resides."
If you are using Epik nameservers (ns3.epik.com and ns4.epik.com), add the domain to your Epik account, you can set the DNS records from Epik, yes

I stay available in case you need help

Gube

•••
They send me an email containing a link from validation.com asking me to verify with my picture, passport and driver's licence.

maybe you live in a country where cc fraud is rampant?

•••
maybe you live in a country where cc fraud is rampant?

I don't think it is relevant to country. I payed with paypal anyways. And they are asking for verification from every non-member as far as I can guess. Is your case any different?

•••
So for .coms, these BF/CM deals are pretty horrible, at least from mainstream registrars. They were last year as well. Was reading the one from 2017 - https://www.namepros.com/threads/al...onday-deals-here.1050449/page-16#post-6452490

Namesilo, NameCheap, Name.com, Dynadot etc. had better deals in the past.

This year one registrar has $6.99.coms, in 2017, same registrar had them at $4.99.

I guess they're realizing they might get them over, but then people transfer out to their favorite registrar or whoever has a transfer deal at the time. Some more recent active registrars will understand this phenomenon next year.

So for .coms, it seems the best deals from a mainstream registrar are when Dynadot has those $5.99 deals like they had in October - https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-com-domains-5-99.1156629/ and another time last year. I guess I just have a list ready for next time that happens.

Just checking the homepages for .coms
Namesilo - $6.99
Name.com - $6.99
Dynadot - $8.99

Nice analysis. CM is starting in 15 min. in my timezone... I dare all of them to drop some real deals on us :)

•••
I don't think it is relevant to country. I payed with paypal anyways. And they are asking for verification from every non-member as far as I can guess. Is your case any different?
they say that they don't offer refunds. so what will they do if you tell them you are not going to verify anything? i have not been asked yet and if i am i will tell them to buzz off!:rage:

•••

im somewhat hesitant to purchase anything from them due to everything everybodys been saying.

what i do know is that some countries, such as romania, are notorious for cc fraud, etc, and hence some companies will be more stringent when it comes to accepting billing methods from such countries.

•••
im somewhat hesitant to purchase anything from them due to everything everybodys been saying.

what i do know is that some countries, such as romania, are notorious for cc fraud, etc, and hence some companies will be more stringent when it comes to accepting billing methods from such countries.

If the buyer refuses to prove their identity Hostpapa should cancel the purchase and return the money. To my understanding it's not a refund, it's a different thing. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

•••
If the buyer refuses to prove their identity Hostpapa should cancel the purchase and return the money. To my understanding it's not a refund, it's a different thing. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

The thing is that many people have placed their orders over 24 hours ago and the domains still haven't been registered, which is simply super suspect in my books :/

•••
The thing is that many people have placed their orders over 24 hours ago and the domains still haven't been registered, which is simply super suspect in my books :/

I contacted support to ask about my account verification, and was quickly informed that placing 60 orders for $1 domain registrations was promo abuse. I was like, What? I searched the entire website for .com pricing, couldn't find any, nor could I find an option to purchase a .com without the promo price, thus unknowing of any abuse or restrictive guidelines.

Support reached out via email and said,

This is to let you know that you have already reached the maximum number of
orders for the $1 domain registration that you can place on your account during
our Black Friday promo. For security purposes, the limit is 10 new orders.

They sent me a list, for my records, of the cancelled domain registrations. I was going to wait until tomorrow, cyber monday, for a suitable .com registration deal, but noticed Epik had switched from $7.49 .com registrations to $6.49 registrations, so I ended up supporting the cause and registered the remainder with epik.

they say that they don't offer refunds. so what will they do if you tell them you are not going to verify anything? i have not been asked yet and if i am i will tell them to buzz off!:rage:

FWIW, they issued me a refund...
upload_2019-12-1_16-48-56.png

Last edited:
•••
at hostpapa:
-
i have 6 invoices
i have 4 in my acct
i have 1 showing regged by whois (not in my acct)
i have 1 showing as still available to reg:grumpy:

•••
I contacted support to ask about my account verification, and was quickly informed that placing 60 orders for $1 domain registrations was promo abuse. I was like, What? I searched the entire website for .com pricing, couldn't find any, nor could I find an option to purchase a .com without the promo price, thus unknowing of any abuse or restrictive guidelines.

Support reached out via email and said,

They sent me a list, for my records, of the cancelled domain registrations. I was going to wait until tomorrow, cyber monday, for a suitable .com registration deal, but noticed Epik had switched from $7.49 .com registrations to $6.49 registrations, so I ended up supporting the cause and registered the remainder with epik.

FWIW, they issued me a refund...
Show attachment 137661

Are the domains Hostpapa allowed you to register even registered yet? Have you checked?

•••
Are the domains Hostpapa allowed you to register even registered yet? Have you checked?

Yes.

See my post from page 8 of this thread...

https://www.namepros.com/threads/2019-black-friday-cyber-monday-promos.1164764/page-8#post-7517239

I was wondering this as well so I registered a domain with them. Below a screenshot from my account. As you can see, they include a Transfer EPP tab in their domain management console.

154591_27fb2f8fbf31c73f6090132834b33c98.png

WHOIS details of the above registered domain

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.promopeople.com
Registrar URL: https://www.promopeople.com/
Updated Date: 2019-11-29T##:##:##
Creation Date: 2019-11-29T##:##:##
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-11-29T##:##:##
Registrar: Promo People Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 1591
Reseller: HostPapa Inc

•••
at hostpapa:
-
i have 6 invoices
i have 4 in my acct
i have 1 showing regged by whois (not in my acct)
i have 1 showing as still available to reg:grumpy:
I have regged 6 in total,4 very fast,two very slow,one even took two days,just got the email last one is done.
however all succesful.just USD1 each,so i think nothing to complaint.

•••
We still have $4.99 .com registrations at Internet.bs, ends at midnight.

•••
UPDATE!!

I received this morning an email from hostpapa ' your order has now been processed and your account activated '

Last edited:
•••
But the problem I did not received my password, I only received Client ID !!

You can go to login and click on lost password link, that should solve this imo.

Last edited:
•••
You can go to login and click on lost password link, that should solve this imo.
Thanks the problem was solved..

is hostpapa 1$ offer is valid for only 1 domain per account ? because some people in this thread have register up to 6 domains successfully

•••
They say it can be upto 10 domains per account. I don't know for sure as I havn't received my client id yet and havn't registered anymore domains.

•••
ah ok, try contact them via CHAT multiple times, so they can make your case Urgent!

•••
They reviewed my account, and because I opted for (2) hosting packages, both the WP and standard version, they refused to fulfill the remaining seven .coms. I had thought I talked to their chat about it, but don't see a record of it, so not sure if I wasn't logged in, or what... Nonetheless, and despite the wasted time and headache, I'm excited to try out the hosting package.

•••
Hostpapa is a legit domain hosting registrar guys , i'm clearly taking their defense right now .I've get contact with their support since on black friday and simply we exchange honestly together , saying to me understand clearly about the wait to get on all of my domains paid online by paypal & now i've got them 5 all in trust officially on my new account created.

We have to say that the company Hostpapa is one of the best deal ever on their "get $1 .com" domain name for this black friday promotions this year , just imagine all the number of people online around the world that has purchase like hell their 5 or 10 .com domains there during these promo days.

It's simply take a little bit time to classify all these worldwide new customers all on their .com domains registration , huge work indeed so be patient i can assure you as i am , all of you too will get satisfaction.

I'm personally very happy , $5 for 5 .com domains , awesome deals for me i must say.

•••
Hostpapa is a legit domain hosting registrar guys , i'm clearly taking their defense right now .I've get contact with their support since on black friday and simply we exchange honestly together , saying to me understand clearly about the wait to get on all of my domains paid online by paypal & now i've got them 5 all in trust officially on my new account created.

We have to say that the company Hostpapa is one of the best deal ever on their "get $1 .com" domain name for this black friday promotions this year , just imagine all the number of people online around the world that has purchase like hell their 5 or 10 .com domains there during these promo days.

It's simply take a little bit time to classify all these worldwide new customers all on their .com domains registration , huge work indeed so be patient i can assure you as i am , all of you too will get satisfaction.

I'm personally very happy , $5 for 5 .com domains , awesome deals for me i must say.
Just this year they have run at least two times usd1 for com,as i.rememered.
Very slow but worked.
Always online support chat,beat many big name companies.
Like them very much.

•••

Took refund for the order. Cannot give photo, passport and driving license for $1 purchase.
upload_2019-12-2_18-7-53.png

•••
Well, it has been 24 hours since my first domain purchase at Hostpapa. The domain is not registered yet and I did not receive my account login details. I paid using PayPal so I do not expect to receive request to send a picture or whatever :D

I suddenly received refunds for all 5 of my .com domain registrations (Hostpapa, $1 deal). No explanation was given.

•••
Oh no! I am sorry to hear that.
Wish they don't do that to my domain registrations too though, ..sorry for my selfish thinking :(

Weren't you asked for verification by them?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back