Watch

Do you wait a Black Friday promos?

• 97 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Every year we wait for this Friday and this "sacred" Monday to save on their favorite domains. This year is no exception. From this day starts the last 7 before the start of one of the biggest holidays "Black Friday".

In this post, I suggest discussing and posting links to upcoming promotions. Black Friday and cyber Monday are just 7 days away and I'm sure we're all ready to make the most of the amazing deals online.

Check Black Friday deals in next message

meme (97).jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I always wonder what is the actual cost for a .COM domain being an accredited registrar.
The wholesale cost by Verisign to registrar for .com is currently $7.85 plus $0.18 ICANN. Occasionally Verisign offers registrar bulk incentives for a limited time to certain registrars, but in general registrars are losing money on that transaction when they sell for less. They hope to make this up through other services or future renewals or purchases.
Bob

•••
The wholesale cost by Verisign to registrar for .com is currently $7.85 plus $0.18 ICANN. Occasionally Verisign offers registrar bulk incentives for a limited time to certain registrars, but in general registrars are losing money on that transaction when they sell for less. They hope to make this up through other services or future renewals or purchases.
Bob

Oh I see! That means we hardly find a registrar offering .COM for regular registration price at $8.00.

•••
•••
•••
Host Papa just sent out an email saying their .com at $1 and other promotions, originally only for yesterday, was extended for another day (that is ends today). Note that to get that rate you need to turn off privacy. I believe the account limit is 5 (someone correct me if wrong because can't see that posted). You need to process each individually, and turn off added extras to get the low rate, or that is all I could figure out.
Bob

•••
•••
bought 3 domains with hostpapa 24 ,hours ago money charged domains didnt registered. no response on ticket. 👎

•••
bought 3 domains with hostpapa 24 ,hours ago money charged domains didnt registered. no response on ticket. 👎
I did not know, at the time I did registrations, about the 5 limit and therefore tried more than that. 5 of mine were registered within an hour or so (I had a pre-existing account which may have helped), and others were not. I have a ticket in re the few dollars to return on those charged but not delivered (no answer yet but not long ago). I have had hosting with them for years and it is a reputable company and don't doubt that they will correct it - probably just overwhelmed by the response. They should have made clear the limit and had a system so people could not register extras.
Bob

•••
I did not know, at the time I did registrations, about the 5 limit and therefore tried more than that. 5 of mine were registered within an hour or so (I had a pre-existing account which may have helped), and others were not. I have a ticket in re the few dollars to return on those charged but not delivered (no answer yet but not long ago). I have had hosting with them for years and it is a reputable company and don't doubt that they will correct it - probably just overwhelmed by the response. They should have made clear the limit and had a system so people could not register extras.
Bob
people here say 10 domains per account

•••
I hope that is right, then they should fulfill the others I put in :xf.smile:. But someone above said that HP chat told them 5 so I presumed that is why they charged but did not fulfill all of mine (I had put in 10). Interestingly they did not fill the first 5 but rather a seemingly random selection.
Bob

•••

I was just told by support of Hostpapa that the limit is 10 domains (screenshot attached).

Domain I bought 3 hours ago is not registered yet, but support confirmed that the order is still in review and will be processed as soon as possible. Also, I was not sent log in details to my new account yet.
Well, let's hope it will not take too long and everything will be processed smoothly. It's amazing that even during the craze of Black Friday and their $1 / .com deal I was able to chat to support and get answers really quickly.

After hearing that they are a reputable company I'll try to register some more.

10 domains.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I was just told by support of Hostpapa that the limit is 10 domains (screenshot attached).

Domain I bought 3 hours ago is not registered yet, but support confirmed that the order is still in review and will be processed as soon as possible. Also, I was not sent log in details to my new account yet.
Well, let's hope it will not take too long and everything will be processed smoothly. It's amazing that even during the craze of Black Friday and their $1 / .com deal I was able to chat to support and get answers really quickly.

Show attachment 137526

They told me 5 domains is the limit per account. It seems the chat agents themselves don't have clarity about this offer.

•••
I suggest just register 10. If the limit is 10, you get 10 domains for $10. If its 5, you will get 5 domains for $5 and $5 refund.

•••
They told me 5 domains is the limit per account. It seems the chat agents themselves don't have clarity about this offer.

... or maybe they extended the limit just like they extended the duration of this promo.

Last edited:
•••

Show attachment 137526
What payment method for the accept?

•••
•••
godaddy up to their usual shenanigans.

those godaddy deals arent legit.

they force you into buying consecutive years at huge markups so in the end there is no deal... lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
none of the offer is good compared with previous year deals :xf.cry::xf.cry::zippermouth::zippermouth::sleep::sleep:

black friday deals getting costlier every year :banghead:

Perhaps it's because the competition grows and grows each year?

•••
Namecheap has been disappointing this year to us

•••
Namecheap has been disappointing this year to us

They had wicked deals a few weeks ago.

.COM Transfers for $5.76
.ORG Transfers for $6.76

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back