Dynadot

1and1.com HATER...AAAACCCKK!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So before I knew anything about anything, I regged a ton of names with 1and1.com. Everytime I reg a name at 1and1.com, I think I'm putting it on my card. Well apparently this is not the case at 1and1.com.

Nearly four months ago, 10/06/06 to be exact, I get an email from 1and1.com that my card had a problem. I looked into it and indeed there was a problem. I could only spend x per day on that particular card. So, I replied for 1and1.com to do exactly that and let me know if there was still a problem. No response. Nothing. I think all is fine and well with the world.

Today I get a collections letter from 1and1.com for every name I have ever bought from 1and1.com! Worse, I go to check out my 1and1.com account...LOCKED! No notice, nothing. I was just in my 1and1.com account last week. No 1and1.com notifications to read, NOTHING!

So I emailed them just now to ask WTF? I hope they respond quicker than four months. I am going to call 1and1.com at this moment too.

Just in case another newbie is drawn in by that 1and1.com low price, don't do it kid! Run! They are evil...evil....imho

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
1&1_sucks_1&1_sucks_1&1_sucks_1&1_sucks_1&1_sucks_ 1&1_sucks_1&1_sucks_1&1_sucks_

Nice find movingconcierge. I love the guy with no name.

Later Simon spoken to in spanish ---------: *WHAT*! :lol:

Last edited:
•••
It didn't take 1and1.com long to harass me again...

Just one week later and here's the latest harassment from 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services dysfunctional billing department. If you look back to my 3/17 post, you'll see that the same 1and1.com billing department informed me that my account was up to date and hunky-dory...

I think 1and1.com are mad that the credit card on file is no good. But why should that matter when I have no recurring monthly expenses, except of course for the expenses 1and1.com make up?

Ah-ha...there in lies the problem. 1and1.com have no way to frivilously charge my credit card and therefore, I must be frozen out of my account and sent to collections until such time that I provide 1and1.com with a credit card 1and1.com can abuse. In 1and1.com's sadistic little world it appears that this logic is law.

Isn't 1and1.com the most F'd up company EVER?!?

Dear X,

Our declined debit note informed you of the current amount due to your customer account, and we politely requested settlement.

Unfortunately, we have not to this date received payment.

If we do not receive payment within 7 calendar days we will have no alternative but freeze your account and to transfer this matter to a debt collection agency and/or terminate your account in accordance with our terms and conditions. In addition to any agency costs there will be a service charge of $18.95 added to your outstanding amount.

Go to https://admin.1and1.com, and log in to the Control Panel with your customer ID or a domain name assigned to one of your packages and your password. On the My Account page, please click on 'User Settings' > 'Credit Card Details'. After updating your credit card information, click on 'Save'.

Please double check/update your credit card details in the 'User Settings'
of your control panel and contact our Customer Service via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-300-8316 from 9am - 5pm ET Mon - Fri to resolve this matter amicably.

For further details, please find attached a payment reminder in pdf electronic format. It can be opened and printed with the help of the program Acrobat Reader (download Acrobat reader:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).

If you have any billing-related questions, our billing department can be reached at 1-877-300-8316 Monday through Friday (except holidays) 9am to 5pm EST. We will be happy to help you clear up any questions you may have, as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Your 1&1 Team
www.1and1.com

•••
I remember trying to get my credit card info off 1&1's records. Ended up cancelling the card after numerous emails telling them they DID NOT have permission to debit the card were ignored. B******'s! Still makes my blood boil when I recall the trouble I had with that horrendous company. Grrrrr.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Ever. My advice is to steer well clear of 1&1.

•••
Maybe this thread should be stickied in this and the Domain Newbies forum.

1and1 really seems to be a person's worst nightmare come true in so many ways...

Am so glad I never even heard of them before joining NP.

•••
Clearing out my junk, I found a 1+1 leaflet: ' 1+1's excellent reputation in the market has been built on long-standing relationships with customers, business partners, and employees' Laugh? I nearly cried.

•••
Did it say, "to learn more about 1 & 1 Internet Serivces, Inc., visit 1hate1and1.com" That just kills me...that 1and1.com actually have registered ihate1and1.com... What kind of a business statement is that? Self-loathing idiots..

•••
movingconcierge said:
Did it say, "to learn more about 1 & 1 Internet Serivces, Inc., visit 1hate1and1.com" That just kills me...that 1and1.com actually have registered ihate1and1.com... What kind of a business statement is that? Self-loathing idiots..
Hehe. Someone already regged 1and1sucks.com about 2!/2 yrs ago. GetScrewedby1and1 and 1and1HorrorStories are still avail, however.
:)

•••
Oh god, i have yet to transfer about 35 domains out of 1and1. Noooooooo.....
I know this has been covered before, but anyone have any luck transfering out of this crappy company without faxing them the transfer requests?

•••
The antiquated policy remains...request a transfer form; fax the form; wait for confirmation...good luck

•••
For transfering the domains out ( from my UK 1and1 Account ) that whole fax thing seems to have been dropped, and its all done by email now.

However, despite transfering out about 20 names a month, that doesnt seem to stop 1and1 charging me for every single domain ( even though some of them were moved months before they were to be renewed ).

So for me, every month I have to go through the process of demanding a refund for all the names I was billed for, even though they are longer with them. And recently, they really f**ked me up, as they billed me for about 20 names that I moved, though I did keep the names pointing to the webspace that I have with them. What happens ?? Some idiot deletes all the names from my hosting account.

So then I have to reset up about 20 websites, fix up emails, etc. They really screwed me with that, and I sent them an email explaining how I was absolutely fuming about what they did, with no warning whatsoever.

Still waiting for a reply from them to explain what they did - but I got more chance of being the first man to fly to the sun naked with an umbrella then hearing back from them.

And their phone support is a joke - " I am sorry Sir, I do not know why they deleted the names. I think because they were in your hosting account !!" ???

WTF - how can a company operate like that ???

They are the biggest joke in the domain and hosting world. For the last 12 months, all the names I have with them have been transfered, and I am planning on dropping their hosting services as well. Complete rip off - no customer support at all, and they seem to love billing me for names that havent been with them for months.

Whenever someone decideds to go and protest outside their offices, let me know. I will bring a sack load of bricks for everyone to throw at them.

Sorry for the rant - I really needed to get this off my chest.

Alex

•••
Any news for a class action lawsuit? I can't believe these guys are getting away with their business practices...

•••
A little Reverend Jesse Jackson for you...

I'll participate but not initiate....

•••
Hi

It's really late here in the UK, so I'll be brief for now. I'm the owner of www.bankraid.com. This is the website that collects information on and investigates complaints about 1&1. You will find lots of stuff here that will both exasperate and amuse you.

There is also lots happening behind the scenes at this time - so please stay tuned in.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Last edited:
•••
Good stuff flouride.

Keep up the good work!

•••
I know a lot of people have had problems with them, but I use them alot and so far I haven't had any problems. Then again I've never had any financial issues with them either. I have then handle some of my email accounts for me as well, but the bulk of my hosting arrangements I deal with myself.

I've had to transfer a couple in and out and I didn't think it was too bad. I had as much trouble from Network Solutions as I did from 1and1 so I guess I really can't complain there.

My take on 1and1 is, it's the cheap provider. That's why I use them. Because I like to keep a hundred or so domains around, just in case. You can't expect the 5-star service for $5.99 a year. And at those prices, you kind of have to expect them to go after people with delinquent accounts because they might not have the margin to let that stuff slide.

So I guess we'll see how it goes, I hope they don't f*** me over. Better luck with your next provider!

Last edited:
•••
I will back all these comments.

In the UK now trying to get all my Domains away from them.

Customer support!!!!!!!! I have to repeat everything I say 2 or 3 times before they can understand me!!!!

Any advice on how I can get them away from 1 and 1?

•••
I have to repeat everything I say 2 or 3 times before they can understand me!!!!
A business model based upon premeditated negligence. Hire a bunch of obtuse idiots. set them losse in the customer service dept and their incompetence will certainly grind down and frustrate the customers to the point that they'll give up and run away screaming incoherent obsenities to themselves. HeHe. Hey sucker! Don't you dare think about transfering out of here. Remember- we can always clamp down harder on the testicle vice that you've just discovered that you're attached to.

•••
Moving experience!

internetprofession said:
I will back all these comments.

In the UK now trying to get all my Domains away from them.

Customer support!!!!!!!! I have to repeat everything I say 2 or 3 times before they can understand me!!!!

Any advice on how I can get them away from 1 and 1?

Hi 'internetprofession'

Moving domains out of 1&1 is quite simple. Decide which host you wish to move them to and then ask your new host to send a request to 1&1 to release them. Procedure ...

[1] At 1&1, make sure you 'unlock' your domains. You can do this through the domain control panel.

[2] Also at 1&1, and depending on the type of domains you are moving, check to see if they have an 'authorisation code' (found in 'other info').

Once you have unlocked your domains, and acquired any authorisation code(s) you may need, go to your new host and start the transfer process.

Normally, this can take a week or so. Once your domains have been safely transferred, then you can close your account with 1&1.

If you need more help, contact me through my website, www.bankraid.com.

PS. I'm with GoDaddy. I have a GoDaddy affiliate banner on my website, and if you click through, I'll earn some much needed pennies to keep my website up-and-running. Ta!!!

•••
I made the mistake of registering many domains with 1and1 early on. The biggest issue I have is that you can't push domains to other member's accounts. This really cuts down on sales - especially those cheap sales for $5-$10 just prior to expiration.

So, I'm in the process of transferring the domains I want to keep out of 1and1. I have to report my first test transfer (of a .com and .net) went very smoothly. I transferred the domains to domainsite and had no problems. I think the problems will come when I try any other extensions - because they will require an authorization code. Anyway, I'll probably try that in a couple of months. At least I know my .com and .nets are safe.

•••
This thread never dies... Hopefully the newbs take heed and avert someo of the same problems.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
This thread never dies... Hopefully the newbs take heed and avert someo of the same problems.
It would, also, be nice if someone from 1and1 read this, took heed and initiated some changes and commenced w/ mending the companie's evil ways. It's alot more pleasurable to praise a company and to lay accollades and kudos on them than it is to bash them. But, when given no choice, it's healthier to vent and let out some steam than it is to hold it all in and let the wounds fester. IMHO

•••
Another good point to make is that, although I was the OP, many relatively new people are the ones who are mostly keeping this thread alive...It serves a purpose. It's like an alonon meeting...

•••
The 13th Step: Grant me the wisdom to stay clear of bad registrars. :notme:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back