Dynadot

1and1.com HATER...AAAACCCKK!

NameSilo
Watch
So before I knew anything about anything, I regged a ton of names with 1and1.com. Everytime I reg a name at 1and1.com, I think I'm putting it on my card. Well apparently this is not the case at 1and1.com.

Nearly four months ago, 10/06/06 to be exact, I get an email from 1and1.com that my card had a problem. I looked into it and indeed there was a problem. I could only spend x per day on that particular card. So, I replied for 1and1.com to do exactly that and let me know if there was still a problem. No response. Nothing. I think all is fine and well with the world.

Today I get a collections letter from 1and1.com for every name I have ever bought from 1and1.com! Worse, I go to check out my 1and1.com account...LOCKED! No notice, nothing. I was just in my 1and1.com account last week. No 1and1.com notifications to read, NOTHING!

So I emailed them just now to ask WTF? I hope they respond quicker than four months. I am going to call 1and1.com at this moment too.

Just in case another newbie is drawn in by that 1and1.com low price, don't do it kid! Run! They are evil...evil....imho

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Told You

Told you I was a newbie. Awesome to me is not awesome to a larger domain owner. Okay, maybe that word was a little strong.

•••
'The control panel is awesome'? 'awesome?' 'the control panel panel is awesome'?awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
excuse me as I bang myself against the office wall and get led away a gibbering wreck..........

hahaha...when I discovered that I had to change individual DNS and that I was just not missing something, that is exactly how I felt...

I timed it while working like a machine...it takes nearly a minute to change a dns on a single name. In addition to the control panel being more labor intensive than it needs to be, it also is just slow responding to commands. I actually had it time out on me a few times...

While a minute each might not sound like a lot...multiply that by 200 and that will net you the total manhours of work (without stopping) that it takes to change. At godaddy, it takes me a minute, or less, to change ALL of my dns...

•••
•••
Just say no to 1and1

i was unlucky to have 2 hosting accounts with them ..double trouble..
02/21/2006 according invoice #351266021 , 1and1 decided to refund me $18.27 to my AmEx card. I checked my statements and nothing was ever refurned.

As of today 3/1/2006 My account still locked, I don't have access to 2 domains on this account. I still not recieve the refund they mentioned in 2/21 invoice.

My second Customer ID xxxx728. had two Contract IDs xxxx352 (Business hosting +50 domains) & xxxx497(15 domains only)

ContractID xxxx497: this account has been locked for NO REASON for a period of over 1 month. It has never been a part of any dispute, and has been paid on time.

Contract ID 5584352: The dispute happened because 29 domains and “business hosting” plan, which I set to expire /cancel, were illegally renewed, by charging my credit card.

Before expiration date, I set the 29 domains mentioned above to expire without renewal. When I received instructions stating that I have to fax cancellation notice in order it to be processed, I immediately called to 1and1 customer support and explained that I don’t own a fax machine, therefore cannot fax anything. After 40+ min conversation I’ve got an impression that this problem has been resolved. To my surprise I received a bill, which listed all canceled domains as renewed. I called back again . After being on hold for 35 min I had a 45 min conversation with customer service representative, who tried to find where exactly in domain registration process customer agrees that he/she needs to own a fax machine in order to get out of contract (which customer entered without using any faxes). Feeling aggravated that he cannot find anything related to faxes in domain registration procedure, this customer support representative simply chose to hang up on me. I called back immediately, but was placed on hold. After waiting for another 15 min, I just gave up.
When I received a new bill and then notification that my credit card had expired, I decided not renew it until this conflict would be resolved.

I contacted billing department, which stated: “The fax cancellation procedure was phased out at the end of last year.”
This was about time 1and1 decided to fix that nonsense related to domain names management.
All 29 domains were renewed after
- I set them for cancellation/expiration at http://cancel.1and1.com,
- I notified 1and1 customer support by email and by phone that I did not plan to renew these domains, plus that I did not own a fax, and that I never entered any contracts, which required access to fax machine
- I did EVERYTHING that I could by calling , emailing, being on hold, talking to outsourced customer support, who has no idea what they are talking about.

Just say no to 1and1

•••
c4actbe said:

Just say no to 1and1

Great slogan! :hehe:

Sounds like a very familiar story, unfortunately. :(

•••
I run a successful site, examp.com, that was registered at 1&1 (not by my doing). The domain gets a good deal of traffic and is a very brandable domain. In fact, the .net version sold for $500, which received less trafic and wasn't as good as the .com extension.

After a year and a half, the guy that registered the domain for me was able to find the information from 1&1 to get into the account (thankfully it was on auto-renew or something). I logged in but couldn't access any administration aspects of the domain.

I started a transfer at Namecheap so I can get my domain on a decent (the best IMHO) registrar but then I realized the domain was locked and from what I hear it's not exactly easy to transfer from 1&1.

If things don't work out I'm glad Namecheap's transfers are risk-free and they'll give me my money back. I don't like how I can't edit my nameservers or unlock my domain. It's hard to give up this domain since it is one of my first and actually my personal favorite. I sent an email to their "24/7" support and still no response after a day. Sounds like it will take more than that though, I suppose I'll call them soon to see if they'll unlock it (unlikely).

•••
be persistent. If they give horrible service (like they are known for), it doesn't hurt writing a letter to the better business bureau.

•••
Transferring a domain from 1&1 to another registrar can be done but it seems to be made as difficult as possible, imo. I have done it previously but it took persistance and help from the registrar I was transferring to, in order for it to eventually go through. I believe it took almost 2 weeks. You did read that correctly. Around 2 weeks!

•••
What makes the 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services, Inc. cancellation or transfer policy so special is that you have to FAX in your cancellation policy. and they have to CONFIRM RECEIPT in order for a transfer TO BEGIN.

Who the hell faxes ANYTHING related to DOMAIN NAMES??? The devil, that's who...the devil has numbers for a name and speaks with a German accent...sorry Duetchland, but you gave birth to them...

•••
movingconcierge said:
What makes the 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services, Inc. cancellation or transfer policy so special is that you have to FAX in your cancellation policy. and they have to CONFIRM RECEIPT in order for a transfer TO BEGIN.

Who the hell faxes ANYTHING related to DOMAIN NAMES??? The devil, that's who...the devil has numbers for a name and speaks with a German accent...sorry Duetchland, but you gave birth to them...

er...all .co.uk domain transfers need to be faxed in order to go through. (applies to all registrars)
The use of faxes by 1+1 ensures that the cancellation process takes a longer time than anticipated and snags domainers who decide to cancel towards the end of a contract. ie one must allow plenty of time to follow up if confirmation of receipt of a fax is not received. Start the whole process with a minimum of 3 months left in a contract is advised.

•••
The sad thing about this whole situation is that unsuspecting newbies continued to get lured into regging at 1and1. I guess the newbies get a crash course when it comes to which registrar NOT to use in the future.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
The sad thing about this whole situation is that unsuspecting newbies continued to get lured into regging at 1and1. I guess the newbies get a crash course when it comes to which registrar NOT to use in the future.
True, but not all newbies need to use advanced features of the domain, or buying/selling the domain.

I called 1&1 this morning, wasted 10 minutes on my cell phone bill (25 cents/minute). Aparently 1&1 locked my account because of a billing issue, which I don't understand since the domain was paid for in August 2004 and August 2005. I'm supposed to call billing tomorrow between 9 AM and 5 PM EST. All I want for them is to send an email to the admin account of the domain asking if I want to unlock it, then I'd confirm it and be happy. I think it's unreasonable to lock my account for something that's paid for...

•••
Hence all these complaints about 1and1.. welcome to our world! lol

Etab said:
I think it's unreasonable to lock my account for something that's paid for...

•••
Etab said:
True, but not all newbies need to use advanced features of the domain, or buying/selling the domain.

I called 1&1 this morning, wasted 10 minutes on my cell phone bill (25 cents/minute). Aparently 1&1 locked my account because of a billing issue, which I don't understand since the domain was paid for in August 2004 and August 2005. I'm supposed to call billing tomorrow between 9 AM and 5 PM EST. All I want for them is to send an email to the admin account of the domain asking if I want to unlock it, then I'd confirm it and be happy. I think it's unreasonable to lock my account for something that's paid for...

if you have pushed the domain to another 1+1 account then there is a charge for this.

•••
er...all .co.uk domain transfers need to be faxed in order to go through. (applies to all registrars)

I did not know that...I have never purchased a co.uk before. All of my tlds are of the us tld kind, except for a few tv's I got from them.

They still made me do the fax thing. The funny thing is when I asked them to fax me something (billing) they acted like a fax was a huge hassle...well, it f***ing is...

I found this little splurb online that fortells of a great evil that overtakes the land...I thought I'd share:

"Woe too thee oh Earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon
the number of the beast
for it is a human number
This number
is one and one"

oooohhh...creepy D-: how'd they know?

Last edited:
•••
Hm, and I thought it wasn't a number at all but "RFID"...

movingconcierge said:
the number of the beast
for it is a human number
This number
is one and one"

oooohhh...creepy D-: how'd they know?

•••
"Woe too thee oh Earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
the number of the beast
for it is a human number
This number
is one and one"
LOL! Very funny.

Hm, and I thought it wasn't a number at all but "RFID"...
Nah! The number of the beast is (with a slight mis-spelling) ;)

•••
Finally My Account Is Unlocked!!!!

Those jerks at 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Serivces, Inc. FINALLY UNLOCKED MY ACCOUNT... :'( ...I'm just so happy... I would like to think that my sharp tongued letter had something to do with it, but we all know that 1and1.com will do whatever the hell it wants despite what its customers say.

Now I can spend three solid days moving my names out of Sedo...one screen at a time...I'll need all the ND $$ I can get to renew a good portion of my 1and1.com names with another registrar...

This part of the saga is over...but I will ALWAYS...ALWAYS be on top of 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services posts on this board and I encourage everyone else to do the same thing...THEY SUCK!

To Whom It May Concern:

I have paid my account in full, including your last minute $18.95 add on charge AFTER I had already paid the $1200+ bill, and yet you continue to keep my account locked for more than one week. What is the problem now?

Please unlock my account and establish full accessibility within 3 days or I will be forced to file a complaint with ICANN and your local BBB.

You'll notice that I am courteous enough to let you know when your about to get sent down the river, as best I can do it despite the fact that you did not give extend me the same courtesy during this excuse of a business relationship.

--> You never replied to my September '05 request for a reply to your initial billing email to me. You let me think everything was fine...for four plus months. Then, without any apparent warning, you sent me to collections and locked my account. I can reproduce my email correspondence to prove my side of the argument.

--> You can't even reproduce the warning letter you "supposedly" sent to me in October. You cannot confirm you sent it and I swear to you I never received it.

I'm not poor, nor am I a deadbeat. I own several hundred names (and growing) outside of 1and1.com. You've tarnished my company's fledgling credit with your billing blunders and I am damn upset about that.

By the way, your BBB report is abysmal already. Here's a link to it:
http://mybbb.org/codbrep.html?ID=1040770&cons=y

•••
wow, 1and1 sound really like an bad ass.

some just inform the authority.

we gonna see 1and1 boss got OWNED! on the newspapers

•••
An excellent example of 1and1.com's billing department incompetence

This company is so very scary!

Dear X, (Cust: X)

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for any inconveinence but our records do show that your account is currently paid up to date and you do not have an outstanding balance. Thank you and I apologize for any inconveinence.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely
XXXXX XXXXX
Billing Department
1&1 Internet Inc.

You can also contact us via phone at (877) 300-8316 from 9am till 5pm EST Monday to Friday

> XXXXX,
>
> Why did I get this message below? You just confirmed my account is up
> to date and active. Why is the 1and1.com billing auto message harassing me?
>
>
> Dear X,
>
> We recently attempted to debit your credit card with the outstanding
> balance for your 1&1 package.
>
> However the transaction was declined by your card issuer.
>
> Please note that we will suspend your 1&1 package in accordance with
> our terms and conditions, commencing in 8 days for dedicated server
> packages and
> 14 days for all other packages unless we receive either a reply to
> this letter or payment in full.

>
> In order to avoid future settlement difficulties, please check your
> credit card details and update them, if necessary, as follows:
>
> Please go to https://admin.1and1.com, and log in to the Control Panel
> with your customer ID or a domain name assigned to one of your
> packages and your password. On the My Account page, please click on
> 'User Settings' > 'Credit Card Details'. After updating your credit card information, click on 'Save'.
>
> Please contact your credit card company/bank for further information
> on why payment was declined.
>
> For further details, please find attached a declined debit note in pdf
> electronic format. It can be opened and printed with the help of the
> program Acrobat Reader (download Acrobat reader:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
>
> Please double check/update your credit card details in the 'User Settings'
> of your control panel and contact our Customer Service via email at
> [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-300-8316 from 9am - 5pm ET Mon
> - Fri to resolve this matter amicably.
>
> Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.
>
>
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Your 1&1 Team
> www.1and1.com
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 6:28 AM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject:XXXXXXX - 1&1 Internet Inc. Billing Re: I've paid in full.
>
> Dear X, (Cust: X)
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Thank you and your account is currently active. I apologize for any
> inconveinence.
>
> If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
>
> --
> Sincerely
> XXXXX XXXXX
> Billing Department
> 1&1 Internet Inc.
>
> You can also contact us via phone at (877) 300-8316 from 9am till 5pm
> EST Monday to Friday
>
> > I've paid NCO Financial Systems in full. The remaining $18.95 was
> > paid
> last
> > week. My account is still locked however. My user account # is X.
> > Please unlock my account.
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>

•••
movingconcierge I am so damm glad you are keeping this thread alive. Everything stated is 100% true.

I registered 1 domain with them. Just 1. And for some reason in my admin panel my domain is there and ready, but when I enter the domain name in my browser I get: ' www.<myDomain> could not be found. Please check the name and try again. '

My domain worked fine for 3 days btw. For some reason it stopped working. I sent them 2 emails. Did not get any answer back from them.

From what I have read. I chose the wrong road at the fork ways back.

•••
HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seems 1and1 has preemptively reg'd "ihate1and1.com" for themselves.....

•••
I love it that this thread never dies....

On the topic of this thread, I placed some threads for wanted domains and got about 75 PMs in two days. Of these, a few of the domains were regged at 1and1. I didn't even waste my time replying. I will NEVER purchase a domain from someone who has it at 1and1. Rule of thumb--1and1 may be cheap, but they potentially will cost you sales.

•••
That Is The Funniest Damn Thing I've Seen!!!!

What an EXCELLENT FIND testcase...excellent....

domain: ihate1and1.com
created: 11-Aug-2004
last-changed: 19-Aug-2005
registration-expiration: 11-Aug-2006

nserver: ns27.1and1.com 217.160.224.3
nserver: ns28.1and1.com 217.160.228.3

registrant-firstname: Thomas
registrant-lastname: Vollrath
registrant-organization: 1&1 Internet, Inc. Online Marketing Dept.
registrant-street1: 701 Leedom RD
registrant-street2: Suite 300
registrant-pcode: 19083
registrant-state: PA
registrant-city: Havertown
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.6105601535
registrant-fax: +1.6105601505
registrant-email: Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source

admin-c-firstname: Andreas
admin-c-lastname: Gauger
admin-c-organization: 1&1 Internet Inc.
admin-c-street1: 701 Lee Rd.
admin-c-street2: Suite 300
admin-c-pcode: 19087
admin-c-state: PA
admin-c-city: Chesterbrook
admin-c-ccode: US
admin-c-phone: +1.8774612631
admin-c-fax: +49.72191374215
admin-c-email: Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source

tech-c-firstname: Andreas
tech-c-lastname: Gauger
tech-c-organization: 1&1 Internet Inc.
tech-c-street1: 701 Lee Rd.
tech-c-street2: Suite 300
tech-c-pcode: 19087
tech-c-state: PA
tech-c-city: Chesterbrook
tech-c-ccode: US
tech-c-phone: +1.8774612631
tech-c-fax: +49.72191374215
tech-c-email: Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source

bill-c-firstname: Andreas
bill-c-lastname: Gauger
bill-c-organization: 1&1 Internet Inc.
bill-c-street1: 701 Lee Rd.
bill-c-street2: Suite 300
bill-c-pcode: 19087
bill-c-state: PA
bill-c-city: Chesterbrook
bill-c-ccode: US
bill-c-phone: +1.8774612631
bill-c-fax: +49.72191374215
bill-c-email: Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back