Dynadot

1and1.com HATER...AAAACCCKK!

NameSilo
Watch
So before I knew anything about anything, I regged a ton of names with 1and1.com. Everytime I reg a name at 1and1.com, I think I'm putting it on my card. Well apparently this is not the case at 1and1.com.

Nearly four months ago, 10/06/06 to be exact, I get an email from 1and1.com that my card had a problem. I looked into it and indeed there was a problem. I could only spend x per day on that particular card. So, I replied for 1and1.com to do exactly that and let me know if there was still a problem. No response. Nothing. I think all is fine and well with the world.

Today I get a collections letter from 1and1.com for every name I have ever bought from 1and1.com! Worse, I go to check out my 1and1.com account...LOCKED! No notice, nothing. I was just in my 1and1.com account last week. No 1and1.com notifications to read, NOTHING!

So I emailed them just now to ask WTF? I hope they respond quicker than four months. I am going to call 1and1.com at this moment too.

Just in case another newbie is drawn in by that 1and1.com low price, don't do it kid! Run! They are evil...evil....imho

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To keep this thread alive, here is my complaint to Better Business Bureau. Of course nothing got resolved and isn't going to be. This company is the WORST EVER. In fact, these words are way too nice to describe this no good, piece of crap, false advertising garbage. Their customer service doesn't speak any english, even when they write emails which should give them plenty of time to reread what they wrote. After being contacted by BBB, 1and1 only decided to reply to one of my complaints, which wasn't even the main issue.

BBB complaint:

"I have purchased 39 domains from this company in multiple transactions. This company advertises "free private registration" for domain names if they are purchased through this company. When a customer orders a domain, they are asked if they would like to put that domain in a new package or an existing one. However, if a customer chooses to order a domain in an existing package, they are taken to administration control panel where private registration is not an option, even though private registration was selected at the beginning of the transaction. I see this as a "bait and switch" issue that is not fair to customers who order domain names with the idea that private registration would be provided to them like the company advertises. This company also advertises "free domain transfers" on their domains, but they do not follow through with their promises, and charge the customer for transfering domain names within 1&1 packages. I believe this is false advertising. When I ordered multiple domains on 11/21/05, I discovered the problem where private registration is only granted if domains are bought in a new package, so after ordering, I contacted customer support to let them know that I wanted those domains in my main package but wasn't able to do that with private registration option. I asked what I could do, and customer support wrote me an email saying that I could move them from one package to another without being charged. I proceeded to move these domains from one package to another, and got charged twice for these domains. Not only did customer service say that my card would be "charged back" after moving these domains, I believe that "free transfers" as 1and1 advertises should be a free service. After the requested domains were transfered from one package to another, 1and1 also proceeded to remove private registration for my domains which were suppose to be included with my purchase, making all my registration information public on top of charging me another $5.99 for each name. 1and1.com's customer support didn't not respond to my emails for several weeks, when I asked them billing questions via email. I believe that they practice false advertising and bait-and-switch techniques in their business which needs to get reviewed. Their customer satisfaction ranking is terrible, and there are thousands of compaints about this company all over the internet. Unfortunatly I didn't know how this company operates until I ran into these problems when using their services."

Their response to BBB:

"I am sorry for any confusion however in this case the customer, Mr. xxxxx is incorrect.

We advertise on our site for domain names mentioning the free private whois, if you follow this link then you are taken to order the instant domain name package, and from their you do get the free private whois information.

When ordering domain names from within your 1&1 package we do not mention that it comes with private whois.

I would like to point out that all our major competitors charge for anonymous/private whois as standard, we offer this for free.

In this case I do not see that we are at fault, and I am not prepared to offer any refunds.

Thanks, Richard Winslow"

SURPRISE!!! Of course there will be no refund! DUH! The guy didn't even bother reading the freaking COMPLAINT. I never said that I ordered these domains through my existing package.

Here is an exellent example of customer service emails you will be receiving if you have problems with your account:

"Dear xxxx, (Cust: xxxxxxx)

Thank you for contacting us.

It looked like youve not added the domains from the old package, in contrary , you added them to a new package. You can transfer the domain from one packag to another, however, youll be charged back for each of the domains price.

For example: If you want to move domain "usa-test.com" from Contract id: 4440189 to Contract id: 4564833

1. Log into you Control Panel. Click on "Administration" for the package you wish to move the domain to. (Administration for Contract id: 4564833) 2. Click on Domains 3. Click on "New" and select "Add on A Domain".
4. Enter the domain name (usa-test.com) you wish to move to this package and click Next.
5. Accept the terms and click "Next".
6. Click "Next".
7. The current registrant info of the domain is displayed. Click "Order" finally.

After this is done, you have to approve the transfer in the other package (Contract id: 4440189)

1. Log into you Control Panel. Click on "Administration" for the package that has the domain. (Contract id: 4440189) 2. Click "Domains"
3. Click on "Domain Transfer Status".
4. Click "Edit".
5. Accept the release. Click "Next".
6. Click "Send".

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely,
Josephine Gamotin
Technical Support
1&1 Internet"

Can someone please explain what "charged back for each of the domains price. " means? I thought it meant that I will be credited any amount that they charge on my card for transfering within the packages, apparently (in 1&1 english) it means I will be charged extra for transferring domains from one package to another. Long story short, I got charged $80 for moving ~12 domains from one package to another, and on top of that, they removed private registration on my domains once they went into my main hosting package. So I ended up paying around $12 a domain w/out private reg.

Last edited:
•••
I found that every time I contacted Support at 1and1, they NEVER directly addressed my complaints.. as you said, it was as if they'd never read my original emails. I would ask them a question regarding billing and they'd refer me to something totally different. I sometimes wonder if this wasn't a deliberate ploy, or maybe just the unfortunate circumstance of outsourcing customer support to non-English speaking techs.

Whatever the case, I was never able to resolve my problems with 1and1. As a consequence, my account there remains locked and my domains .. well, I'm hoping they drop eventually.

Luckily, I was able to remove my CC info before the account was locked.

•••
I'm so glad I am not a customer of theirs.
Don't forget to report in the 'Domain Company Reviews' section if you havent't already. I don't know if they get a lot of customers with their ads on Sedo (names @ $5.99) but I am wary of any registrar offering domains at a loss. You get what you pay (not) for.

•••
i hate them too it takes up to 2 weeks for a reply from a email and it is slow lol thats why i moved to godaddy and reg my other domains like gameztown.com ect.

•••
dgridley said:
I found that every time I contacted Support at 1and1, they NEVER directly addressed my complaints.
:laugh: :laugh: I had about 100-150 domains with them. The first time I contacted them by email/custsupprt it regarded making bulk DNS changes. (I posted this earlier- about a year ago). You'd go to their page to make global changes and you could make bulk changes on just about anything you wanted to do involving services that you had to pay for, but the header link over the DNS didn't rollover. As I recall, to make a change required opening up about 4 pages for each name. 400 click and pauses later I managed to make my changes. Of course they were monitizing the names parked on their servers which is why they didn't want to make it easy to make DNS changes. The killer, though, is the way they lead you to believe that they offer all of these wonderful name mngt features and than leave you to search their extremely unintuitive site to find out how to search for them. After spending more time searching than I should have, I finally emailed and asked them where the secret door for making bulk DNS changes was hidden. The reply?

"Oh, you can only make DNS changes one name at a time."
Hmm... And why?
"Because we don't offer bulk DNS changes for domain names."
And why not?
"We just don't offer that feature."
Don't you think that it might be a good idea to offer this management feature to your customers who have registered several domains with you? (That is, the ones who don't, particularly, enjoy flipping back and forth between pages and redundantly clicking their mouse for hours on end.)
"Most of our customers don't have a problem with it."
Do you think that you might change this policy in the foreseeable future?
"Sorry, but we are not planning on offering that service. If you wish to make changes to one of your domain's name servers, (also referred to as DNS), first, go to..."

I agree w/ the OPs sentiments- AAAACCCKK!

Last edited:
•••
The funny thing about this compamy, is I know someone who works for them in there advertising department, and he will even tell me, do not refer people to them, and thats his job, lol! He also has a reseller, but not with them, he refusess to host his own sites there, and buys all his own domains at enom! I think thats funny.

•••
I wonder how long it took grrilla to extract his 150? I feel queasy at the thought of it!

•••
yoshiwara said:
I wonder how long it took grrilla to extract his 150? I feel queasy at the thought of it!
Quease not y. Alas, I only had 70 domains w/ them. The inflated figure came from my mentally grouping some of the other free .info groups in w/ the ones I had w/ them. I went back to an old list to double check and found my estimate to be off so, the # of clicks required to change the DNS is closer to 280 than to the 400 that was in my previous estimate.

I extracted the dozen or so select ones that I had w/ them, (after I found their deeply hidden, subdomain, which one must dig for to perform the extractions, which, BTW, is a very apt description of the process), and, simply, let the rest go, which were mainly free .infos and .name domains. Some of them I, probably, would have kept under normal circumstances but I had to measure the pain factor of dealing w/ 1and1 against the potential value of the domains and, in the end, acquiesed and let them dispose of my names and left them to carry on w/o me, alone, inside of their own twisted reality.

Last edited:
•••
Aplus.net has a very similar CP that only allows changes on individual domains--no bulk feature (at least at the time of when I moved all my domains away from them about 6 months ago)

•••
Aggro the "caustic kid" lovingly wrote:
1/
1and1 may/may not have sent you the letter by post.
Then again, maybe that Mailboxes Etc. PO box #223 you are using did NOT get it, eh?
Your word against theirs. Someone else to blame...LOL

themovingconcierge.com
<snip>

Genius...just genius...look ma...our boy has learnt how to do a who is...

Get a life, dude...you can see this thread has meaning for others...go play your silly little games somewhere else...

crappy...don't most ebay auctions do crappy. Thankfully, I am independently wealthy due to an international lottery that I just won, so...

3/ Have they terminated your a/c that is owing $1200 yet?
Nope, cause I paid my bill...read the independently wealthy thing again...

4/ Actually 1and1 will thank you for warning off domainers - as their biz model is not dependent on domainers' business. Actually the last customers they want are domainers. And customers who fraudulently/unlawfully use other's credit cards and then don't/can't pay after 7 months.
So you're doing them a big favor by warning away other domainers, LOL.
They make money from hosting.
Just like how Godaddy is trying to follow their biz model.
Why don't you and 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services continue your love story privately already...this thread is about people who think 1AND1.COM SUCK...mod's please get this guy off this thread already...he is genuinely distracting and antagonistic.

5/ A pity you didn't do all that due diligence/search on 1and1's rep before you dived in head first...

That's why I'm turning that frown upside down for all of the idiots just like me and putting this out there for them.

Obviously, Sherlock, I'm screwed because I have a ton of names with 1and1.com which I am reminded of daily with a pain like...well, I'd imagine kind of like a tightly wrapped rubber band around my rickies...you're starting to feel like an ingrown hair yourself...

Last edited:
•••
The case of the mysterious 1and1.com "code"

So here's the latest in my saga with 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services, Inc.

Checked my reg mail to ensure it was received and signed for by 1and1.com's collection agency...received and processed...all is right with the world...

---BUT WAIT, I'D BETTER CHECK WITH THE DEVIL THEMSELVES, 1AND1.COM---

So, I call and speak to an under-concerned baritone, Robert. Robert says that I need to get a "code" from their collection agency and then call 1and1.com back to advise 1and1.com of that special "code"...

I remark that it seems to me that this would be an internal process, and is he sure that is something that I need to do...he assures me that I need to be the one to do the footwork on behalf of 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services, Inc.

---BACK TO 1AND1.COM's COLLECTION AGENCY I GO---

I call them and speak with my representative who has absolutely no clue what the hell 1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services, Inc. is talking about with the "code." I get passed to a supervisor who is equally baffled by the confident instructions that I received from 1and1.com.

---BACK TO 1AND1.COM BILLING DEPARTMENT AGAIN...yay---

I'm currently breaching 30 minutes on hold (this call - they just picked up, John this time) John is checking through the "records" to see what the hell Robert was talking about...he can't find anything about a "code" in the records...no way...So, he goes to talk to Robert and comes back with this (after another 10 minutes on hold):

Forget about the “code” and now worry about an $18.95 fee that they tacked on AFTER I paid their last and final bill through the collection agency…

When I asked for a fax copy of the bill and instructions on what to do, John said (after another 5 minutes on hold): “I can’t fax it to you.” I say, why (grrilla) can’t you? I have to fax over my CANELLATIONS. Next, they said that they would not generate an invoice for the $18.95…They want me to take their word for it that I owe them another $18.95 on top of their last and final invoice. They refuse. Then John said that the fee is in their terms and conditions. I say so all of your customers owe $18.95? His response is yes!?! I started to lose my cool so I asked to be transferred to a supervisor:

I talked to Sebastian. I re-explained everything. Brick wall. Oh, and the code thing, it is an internal process. It is called a verification code. AAACCCKKK!

1and1.com aka 1 & 1 Internet Services, Inc. just cannot or will not reproduce any billing or communications to any customer at anytime. 1and1.com does not like to be compared to normal companies with normal procedures like invoices, notices, faxes, etc. It is my opinion that 1and1.com is purposeful in their mistreatment of their customers. My story, and the volumes of other stories out there, cannot be simple incompetence or coincidence. There has to be a motive. I believe that motive is a business culture of trap the customer in a relationship that forces them to stay and pay and pay and pay…become complacent and then pay some more…

•••
I believe that motive is a business culture of trap the customer in a relationship that forces them to stay and pay and pay and pay…become complacent and then pay some more…
I call this the business model of "Pre-Meditated Incompetance". If the labyrinth is designed w/ enough obstacles and cul de sacs, than xx% of our customers will grow weary and, than, out of frustration, will give up w/o our hands ever having to leave their pockets. Add extra sugar to the fly paper- it will draw them in faster and their feet will stick much better after they land.
The business culture that 1&1 is a part of is all around us. However, to see a relatively high profile company being so tranparent and to be working w/ this methodology in such a blatant and open manner, is shocking to see.

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys it seems this 1and1 is a difficult registrar ....but I just bought a name at auction thats regged there and was wondering if the seller or buyer intitates the push.. I just set my account up a hour or so ago and I'm not really familiar with there system ....sorry if I'm a little off topic..but your experiences are appreciated

jim

•••
The seller has to initiate the transfer buy going to cancel.1and1.com. Once there, the seller will have to print out a sheet and fax it to 1and1.com to complete the transfer. If my memory serves me, it takes weeks to get it done. I'd pay money upfront to transfer to another registrar as part of the transaction.

Good luck and sorry that you are now apart of the worst company on Earth.

•••
I'd pay money upfront to transfer to another registrar as part of the transaction.
Ditto. Have it transfered over to your favorite registrar and stay clear. IMHO.

•••
Recent reg..less than 30 days couldn't transfer out...yet...
It's in my account now ...I'm sure i'm in for some unpleasant suprises ...thanks for the info.
jim

•••
ok im new to this domaining and I just purchased like 20 sites and im getting a lil discouraged from reading the threads,does this mean I wont be able to sell my domains becaise I have 1and1.com? Please inform me on this situation and what I can do. Thank you

Denise

•••
No, Denise. It does not mean that you cannot sell your domains.

What it does mean is that you fell prey to a horrible registrar with very difficult rules that sometimes they don't even follow or know about.

It does mean that if you do try to sell it to someone who is on the fence about it, they may not want it because of the potential hassle that 1and1.com poses during a transfer.

It does mean that you should stop registering names at 1and1.com and start regging them at godaddy, enom, dotster, etc. They all have their nuances, but 1and1.com is the devil reincarnated as an internet company. Stay away from them.

•••
denisenchrisotto said:
ok im new to this domaining and I just purchased like 20 sites and im getting a lil discouraged from reading the threads,does this mean I wont be able to sell my domains becaise I have 1and1.com? Please inform me on this situation and what I can do. Thank you

Denise
First off, let me state clearly in writing and in plain English that, IMO, (and what I believe to be the opinions of others in this thread), 1&1 is operating within the law. I am not a lawyer, and, therefore I cannot state this unequivocally, but to the best of my knowledge, they are not doing anything that is illegal. Additionally, ethics can be a very allusive subject, so even the question of whether they are operating ethically or unethically is debateable and open to interpretation. Are their policies and procedures domainer friendly? No. Not in this domainer's opinion. If a registrar has a TOS and operates w/ procedures that are not conducive to name management and transfers, the chances are that they are going to put people off and in that respect, a registrar's policies can influence and inhibit sales.

Don't freak out. Read their terms of service, email them with questions and be dilligent in following up your communications w/ them. When I was at the sub-domain cancel.1and1.com to "cancel my contracts" it took me several attempts before I got it right. Even after reading their definitions and procedures several times, I still had to learn by trial and error because there terminology is so confusing and their procedures are very untypical of the way that most registrars normally operate.

Whether you remain a customer and keep your names w/ one registrar or another is. ultimately, your decision. The best thing you could do, now, is to familiarize yourself w/ 1&1.s procedures for transfers, pushes and name management functions and when the time comes to move to another registrar and transfer a name out, give yourself plenty of lead time- at least, a few weeks- to help insure that you won't get stuck and learn that it is now too late for you to move ahead and do what you had intended to do.

Last edited:
•••
Call Me Crazy

Ok -- call me crazy, but I've got 85-90% of my domains with 1and1, have sold several, have transferred, have deleted, and have never (knock on wood after hearing you guys) had one problem with 1and1.com. The control panel is awesome, its easy to change DNS servers, which I do constantly. I must be missing something. I'm sure the 1st problem I have, I'll have secong thoughts, but right now, I'm sticking with them. Call me crazy.

•••
Call me crazy.
Only if you insist. Hey everyone, DanatheDogman is crazy. :lol:
Dana, I'm curious as to how many other registrar's you have worked w/. ie If 1&1 has been your main registrar and they are what you have grown accustomed to, than, maybe you haven't had much of an oppurtunity to let all of the other registrar's screw your thinking up. I'm not saying that this is, indeed, the case, but that would be my first guess.

•••
Other Registrars

Obviously I was drawn to the price 1st -- $5.99. I actually started with Network Solutions, and have registered there, at Fabulous, Namescout (on drops), Domain Systems and 2 or 3 others on drop, but 1and1 is primary for me. Every question I have sent has been answered in a timley and professional manner, and I have been invoiced correctly, when I deleted it was smooth and done on time, and when I transferred (I'm a "newbie", so its only been 12-13 times), each was done without much of a hitch. If you ask me who the absolute best that I've dealt with in all aspects -- without a doubt it is Fabulous. Thanks.

•••
I haven't dealt w/ Netsol in over a year, so I'm not up to date w/ their current procedures but speaking from past experience, they were not the easiest of registrars to manage names with so if you cut your teeth w/ them, chancs are you were a little more prepared to deal w/ 1and1 than someone who was brought up on GoDaddy, for instance. That may have something to do w/ your comfort w/ the 1and1 system.

Because of being active in the drop market, I have had occassion to have dealings w/ close to 50 registrars and I have experienced the good, the bad and beyond the ugly.

I have close to 1200 names and currently about 1,000 of them have been registerd at or transferred to enom. I can push a name, (or 1,000 names w/ a bulk edit), to another account in less than the time it has taken me to type this sentence. I can change the DNS for all of my names w/ 3 clicks after typing the nameserver urls into 2 boxes. To transfer one of my names from another registrar, into my account, I: 1) initiate transfer, 2) follow a link on a confirmation email and 3) as soon as I receive an email from the outgoing registrar I am done or, (depending upon the outgoing registrar), after I accept the transfer and as soon as the outgoing registrar releases the name I am done and the name lands in my account. Wham-bam. No faxes, no signatures and no ID verification. Beyond security, a good registrar is all about ease of operation and conservation of time and energy from my point of biew. Money is important, but is next in line on my priority list. BTW, I pay $6.95 for registrations and $7.95 for transfers and get occasional discounts on .infos etc, when promotions come up.

1and1 doesn't come anywhere near offerring the kind of name management features that I have come to expect. Relative to what is available from other registrars, 1and1 doesn't even get out of the starting blocks. They are designed in such a way as to make many management features tedious for their users and they are the only registrar that I know of that doesn't offer links from their main page or from the account CP to enable the customer direct access to common management functions such as transfers, pushes or cancellations of names from their accounts. It is as if this registrar has lost sight of who owns and, ultimately, controls the status of domains names that just happen to be registered w/ them. They are control freaks. Their obsession to hide information and normal name management functions that would not work to their advantage, is so extreme that they actually require customers to log into a seperate subdomain to perform commonplace name management functions.

If you know the interface, have a small to medium-small portfolio and don't mind the inconvenience of not being able to make global changes or perform bulk edits, 1and1 might work for you and, at least, give you the illusion that you are working with a good interface. If it works for your needs and you are happy with what you have, far be it from me to discourage you from staying w/ them. If your situation changes somewhere down the line and you feel the need to streamline and spend less time w/ name management chores, consider using an alternative registrar.

Last edited:
•••
lol
No.....not too well.
However thank you for you offer of materials and input. I'll have a little more time next week. I think I will try to put something together. After thinking about a few times I realized we should have some kind of system/tool to assist NP members weed through all the registrars and only use those that warrent our loyalties.
Thank you again "Grrilla" for your input

namenut

izmas said:
To keep this thread alive, here is my complaint to Better Business Bureau. Of course nothing got resolved and isn't going to be. This company is the WORST EVER. In fact, these words are way too nice to describe this no good, piece of crap, false advertising garbage. Their customer service doesn't speak any english, even when they write emails which should give them plenty of time to reread what they wrote. After being contacted by BBB, 1and1 only decided to reply to one of my complaints, which wasn't even the main issue.

BBB complaint:

"I have purchased 39 domains from this company in multiple transactions. This company advertises "free private registration" for domain names if they are purchased through this company. When a customer orders a domain, they are asked if they would like to put that domain in a new package or an existing one. However, if a customer chooses to order a domain in an existing package, they are taken to administration control panel where private registration is not an option, even though private registration was selected at the beginning of the transaction. I see this as a "bait and switch" issue that is not fair to customers who order domain names with the idea that private registration would be provided to them like the company advertises. This company also advertises "free domain transfers" on their domains, but they do not follow through with their promises, and charge the customer for transfering domain names within 1&1 packages. I believe this is false advertising. When I ordered multiple domains on 11/21/05, I discovered the problem where private registration is only granted if domains are bought in a new package, so after ordering, I contacted customer support to let them know that I wanted those domains in my main package but wasn't able to do that with private registration option. I asked what I could do, and customer support wrote me an email saying that I could move them from one package to another without being charged. I proceeded to move these domains from one package to another, and got charged twice for these domains. Not only did customer service say that my card would be "charged back" after moving these domains, I believe that "free transfers" as 1and1 advertises should be a free service. After the requested domains were transfered from one package to another, 1and1 also proceeded to remove private registration for my domains which were suppose to be included with my purchase, making all my registration information public on top of charging me another $5.99 for each name. 1and1.com's customer support didn't not respond to my emails for several weeks, when I asked them billing questions via email. I believe that they practice false advertising and bait-and-switch techniques in their business which needs to get reviewed. Their customer satisfaction ranking is terrible, and there are thousands of compaints about this company all over the internet. Unfortunatly I didn't know how this company operates until I ran into these problems when using their services."

Their response to BBB:

"I am sorry for any confusion however in this case the customer, Mr. xxxxx is incorrect.

We advertise on our site for domain names mentioning the free private whois, if you follow this link then you are taken to order the instant domain name package, and from their you do get the free private whois information.

When ordering domain names from within your 1&1 package we do not mention that it comes with private whois.

I would like to point out that all our major competitors charge for anonymous/private whois as standard, we offer this for free.

In this case I do not see that we are at fault, and I am not prepared to offer any refunds.

Thanks, Richard Winslow"

SURPRISE!!! Of course there will be no refund! DUH! The guy didn't even bother reading the freaking COMPLAINT. I never said that I ordered these domains through my existing package.

Here is an exellent example of customer service emails you will be receiving if you have problems with your account:

"Dear xxxx, (Cust: xxxxxxx)

Thank you for contacting us.

It looked like youve not added the domains from the old package, in contrary , you added them to a new package. You can transfer the domain from one packag to another, however, youll be charged back for each of the domains price.

For example: If you want to move domain "usa-test.com" from Contract id: 4440189 to Contract id: 4564833

1. Log into you Control Panel. Click on "Administration" for the package you wish to move the domain to. (Administration for Contract id: 4564833) 2. Click on Domains 3. Click on "New" and select "Add on A Domain".
4. Enter the domain name (usa-test.com) you wish to move to this package and click Next.
5. Accept the terms and click "Next".
6. Click "Next".
7. The current registrant info of the domain is displayed. Click "Order" finally.

After this is done, you have to approve the transfer in the other package (Contract id: 4440189)

1. Log into you Control Panel. Click on "Administration" for the package that has the domain. (Contract id: 4440189) 2. Click "Domains"
3. Click on "Domain Transfer Status".
4. Click "Edit".
5. Accept the release. Click "Next".
6. Click "Send".

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely,
Josephine Gamotin
Technical Support
1&1 Internet"

Can someone please explain what "charged back for each of the domains price. " means? I thought it meant that I will be credited any amount that they charge on my card for transfering within the packages, apparently (in 1&1 english) it means I will be charged extra for transferring domains from one package to another. Long story short, I got charged $80 for moving ~12 domains from one package to another, and on top of that, they removed private registration on my domains once they went into my main hosting package. So I ended up paying around $12 a domain w/out private reg.

This is a perfect example of the type of information we need to make available to our members. We need a NP review group to form so it can provide us with a list of suggested registrars.
Hmmmm.....got me thinking now.

•••
'Ok -- call me crazy, but I've got 85-90% of my domains with 1and1, have sold several, have transferred, have deleted, and have never (knock on wood after hearing you guys) had one problem with 1and1.com. The control panel is awesome, its easy to change DNS servers, which I do constantly. I must be missing something. I'm sure the 1st problem I have, I'll have secong thoughts, but right now, I'm sticking with them. Call me crazy.'

'The control panel is awesome'? 'awesome?' 'the control panel panel is awesome'?awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
excuse me as I bang myself against the office wall and get led away a gibbering wreck..........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back