Dynadot

1and1.com HATER...AAAACCCKK!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So before I knew anything about anything, I regged a ton of names with 1and1.com. Everytime I reg a name at 1and1.com, I think I'm putting it on my card. Well apparently this is not the case at 1and1.com.

Nearly four months ago, 10/06/06 to be exact, I get an email from 1and1.com that my card had a problem. I looked into it and indeed there was a problem. I could only spend x per day on that particular card. So, I replied for 1and1.com to do exactly that and let me know if there was still a problem. No response. Nothing. I think all is fine and well with the world.

Today I get a collections letter from 1and1.com for every name I have ever bought from 1and1.com! Worse, I go to check out my 1and1.com account...LOCKED! No notice, nothing. I was just in my 1and1.com account last week. No 1and1.com notifications to read, NOTHING!

So I emailed them just now to ask WTF? I hope they respond quicker than four months. I am going to call 1and1.com at this moment too.

Just in case another newbie is drawn in by that 1and1.com low price, don't do it kid! Run! They are evil...evil....imho

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reminding people there are two threads on DigitalPoint about how 1and1 sucks, or is it oneandone sucks? Or 1and1.com sucks? I'm never sure how to express it properly.

•••
My experience with 1and1.com... I bought a LLLL.com from someone here on NP last summer that was with that outfit. I went to transfer it last month and that's where the nightmare began. First they would not unlock the domain. Repeated emails and phone calls resulted in them ignoring me. So I had to contact ICANN and CC them on all further contact with 1and1.com. Finally after two weeks of screwing around they finally released the domain lock and forwarded me the auth code.

They are the new registerfly.com. Use them at your own peril and potential loss of time, money and your domains.

•••
They are the worst in the world! :ghost:

•••
true! received a letter today saying they were demanding the "massive" sum of £4.68 (oops...i forgot about the £15 handling fee) for a domain i deleted 2 years ago :hehe:

•••
I transferred 3 domains from 1and1 to Moniker. To my surprise everything went smoothly. But after the transfer completed I saw that the domains were not renewed by 1 year. They still show that they will expire in July 2008, but when I transferred them they also showed July 2008 as expiry date.

Moniker is also not responsive about this, even if I emailed them 5 times, they just said that the domains were in pending delete (is it even possible to transfer domains in pending delete) and that they renewed the domain for 1 year.

Then I think the problem is that they bill only once a month. Don't know where is the problem, but I am stuck between 1and1 (a nightmare registrar) and Moniker (a good registrar but with terribly bad customer support).

•••
I am in the middle of cancelling a few domains at 1and1.com so far if I haven't read any of this its been good but after reading all these negative things I am really scared. I stopped using their service to register about a year ago...now my names are expiring so I deleted a few names in Aug. i realize those names have been released to the publics so I am happy about that...now I have about 10 names deleted from my account i am waiting for them to be released...also I have one package w/ 2 domain names I dont remember which one I selected I wanted "end domain contract" but I guess I selected "turn off auto renewal" I am waiting for this to expire sometime next week. Once the last package is gone from my account I would be happy! I hope this is the end of it.

Anyone have anything positive to say? I really hate hearing all these bad things :(

•••
Can anyone who had completely canceled their 1and1 services give me some feedback? So far, I think I deleted everything...after my last 2 domains were deleted my 1and1 account was deleted as well in Oct 07...I can no longer log in it says customer id no longer exist.

I purchased about 12 domains from 1and1 in 2006 and manage to delete them all or I hope I did it right thats why I am asking...For every domain I deleted I had to go to cancel.1and1, I choose "delete entire package" for every package/contract. I then had to confirm my cancellation by clicking on the special links they would send to your email you get about 3 in total after canceling a package.

I saw that I had to fax a signed document over for the first package of 2 domains. I was trying to fax it over but didn't realize the fax line on the fax machine I was using was not working, so I called in and spoke with someone dont remember who but I think it was roger or robert. He was surprise and asked me how I obtained the fax form I told him I found the link and click on it when I was canceling. He told me that 1and1 no longer require faxing, all I had to do was click on the links in the email sent to me. Anyways I think he helped me out, since it was the first package I canceled I choose delete in 30 days, but robert or roger asked me if I wanted it deleted as soon as possible. I said yes and he told me he will do it for me. I logged in my 1and1 account a day later and there is a delete status on the two domains and the package disappeared from my account a few days later.

So...with the other 10 domains I logged into the cancel.1and1 I selected delete entire package, I select cancel as soon as possible and end domain contract. A delete status would appear and the domains and the package its in would disappear from my account. On one of my domain package I accidentally choose delete at expiration date so I had to wait till the very end. On the date those last 2 domains were deleted my 1and1 account was deleted along with it. I emailed asking if any personal information like my address and CC number was kept and they said everything within the account has been purged and they can't even login to my account if I wanted them too.

Well so thats that I checked the WHOis on all the deleted domains and they seem to all be open to the public except 2 are now owned by someone else...I dont know I see a ton of negative reviews...their tech support via phone is terrible their email support is better they usually get back to me in less than 24 hours.

So anyone 'succesfully' canceled from 1and1? How did you do it? Did I do mine correctly? How long ago have you cancel? So far its been a few months for me, I haven't received anything in the mail from 1and1 and I hope I dont received anything from 1and1 in the future.

•••
•••
fonzie_007 said:
Where are they located? If in the USA, write a letter to BBB (Better Business Bureau). I have heard horror stories for just about everyone who has dealt with 1and1. I hope things can get figured out. Keep us updated.

They are owned by the same company which owns Sedo - Schlund. I'm pretty sure they are based in Cologne (Germany) because I've worked past their building there before.

•••
•••
Well how about that, the marketing manager says that everything is just fine after all, finally someone who's not afraid to call it like it is :laugh:

Im kind of nervous, have some developed sites hosted elsewhere but the names are at 1&1, not sure if Im safer trying to get them out or just renewing them there hoping for the best.

•••
1and1 has a really bad reputation over the internet. Using google it is quite obvious to see what a stink the company is.

The third result:
"1and1 Sucks: 1&1 Will Rip You Off by Elliott C. Back"

•••
Timewarp said:
Well how about that, the marketing manager says that everything is just fine after all, finally someone who's not afraid to call it like it is :laugh:

Im kind of nervous, have some developed sites hosted elsewhere but the names are at 1&1, not sure if Im safer trying to get them out or just renewing them there hoping for the best.

Move your names for 1&1 ASAP and when you do they will continue to send you bills for the next three years and also they will kindly send your name to a collection agency. The collection agency is run just as poorly as 1&1. Worst company I have ever dealt with hands down.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back