IT.COM

new gtlds 16 new TLDs will get price increases of up to 3,000%

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you think those are bad, there are some far worse spam gTLDs there where there's minimal genuine content.

Regards...jmcc

example? :)

•••
•••
Would just like to point out many of these sites show a different price when adding to cart and then the premium prices will show up in cart. Entirely possible your non premium was premium the whole time

for .shop :

uniregistry $7.88
godaddy $10.17
dynadot $6.99
name 7.99

later the prices are :

uniregistry $11,000
godaddy $14,000
dynadot $12,000
name $12,500

Last edited:
•••
I can confirm this also, nobody changed the price on you, it is how they code it, the cart had the final price. Nothing new here, every gtld has a different price, and this happens all the time.

I know what you mean, that is why i said i have already put it in cart to compare and double confirm the price in different registrars. the price in cart is the real price as you said. and it was normal reg.

Prices have really changed after 10 minutes when i put the same name in cart in different registrars.

Last edited:
•••
•••
for .shop :

uniregistry $7.88
godaddy $10.17
dynadot $6.99
name 7.99

later the prices are :

uniregistry $11,000
godaddy $14,000
dynadot $12,000
name $12,500

What an utter joke. Even most companies will not be willing to pay thay.

•••
What an utter joke. Even most companies will not be willing to pay thay.

Exactly. because the annual renewal stands the same as the reg price !!
However .club priced it around $2,000 BUT the renewal is standard $10

•••
my guess is, paying 50 million for .shop was not a good idea.

•••
my guess is, paying 50 million for .shop was not a good idea.

That is why they are lifting prices up for any nice name (we search) to get $100 million back. lol

I was lucky to snatch a VERY SIMILAR domain in .shop for $7 ( 1 word 8 letters ALSO !!) renew for 10 years lol.

•••
for .shop :

uniregistry $7.88
godaddy $10.17
dynadot $6.99
name 7.99

later the prices are :

uniregistry $11,000
godaddy $14,000
dynadot $12,000
name $12,500
Doubt it but nevertheless Goodluck

•••
•••
What do you think now ?

uniregistry.jpg
godaddy.jpg
dynadot.jpg
name.jpg

•••
Put yourself in the shoes of an end user: when you try to register a domain and you are presented those overpriced 'alternatives' - it's hard to take new extensions seriously.

•••
I will be dropping all mine with the price hike will you ? or are some thinking of paying 10 years at same price?

•••
I will be dropping all mine with the price hike will you ? or are some thinking of paying 10 years at same price?
just drop them
There is much easier money to be made elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This doesn't prove your initial argument of the price change

Well, since you refused to give me your time machine to go back a few days to take a screenshot of the domain in cart, then i can do nothing about it.

Another point is, i was not arguing, i was sharing an experience, it is you who started the argument, i showed you proofs, you still argue for no reason, so there is no reason for me to argue with you any further.

•••
.ren and .kim losing 25% of regs in a single day..

Last edited:
•••
.ren losing 25% of regs in a single day..

That's insane. What does ren stand for other than people in Chinese can't think of anything else. Such a weak extension.

•••
That's insane. What does ren stand for other than people in Chinese can't think of anything else. Such a weak extension.

no different than .people in the US. I don't think it's much weaker than many others but it seems that the Chinese don't like it.

.kim is for the South Korea market only I think. Millions of kims living there.

•••
•••
H Alvarez X 100 :) (newbies were not around back then)

•••
Not all ngtlds are going to have a price rise, I thought it was just Uniregistry ngTLDs?

•••
•••
Not all ngtlds are going to have a price rise, I thought it was just Uniregistry ngTLDs?
If uniregistry is successful with their concept, and it works for them financially, others could adopt the business model.

There are no assurances on paper to say otherwise to support your argument, and therein lies the underlying issues.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back