IT.COM

news 1,000,000 All Possible Combinations Of Six Numbers .Com Are All Registered.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

theSun

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
1,000,000 All Possible Combinations Of Six Numbers .Com Are All Registered.

(Yes, including 4,0)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Let's see 1 million x $10. That's gonna be some expensive renewal fees. ;) Unless you have Chinese premium or repeating numbers, I don't see the point.

Lets see, 456976 x $10 (LLLL.com). That's gonna be some expensive renewal fees. ;) Unless you have Chinese/Western premium or repeating letters, I don't see the point. I am ironic, of course.

Each LLLL.com is worth at least around $200. I don't see many end users for xokj.com which is not Chinese neither Western premium neither has repeating letters neither is pronounceable. However, it has stable floor price of around $200. By that logic it is OK to believe that each 6N.com could have stable floor price of $100.
I think floor price of $100 will not come immediately, but it is very reachable.

We might be witnessing of a new era of domaining! So many buyouts of short domains lately! This must mean something. At least, it will be called "short domain bubble" in the future and kids will earn about it in their schools. But whoever already took 6N.coms and similar domains get them for reg fee or slightly over reg fee and we almost don't have any risk of loosing money.
On the other side, this might be really a new era of domaining and 6N.coms and similar domains might become extremely liquid and with stable floor price above $100+. Who knows! ;)

•••
The prices of 6n are going up fast in the aftermarket now, especially now all 6n are registered.
I'm seeing decent patterns but nothing amazing going for $300+ on Pheenix/dropcatch/namejet/gd etc.
(861583.com - $300 at dropcatch, 866135.com - $310 NJ, 132998.com - $359 dropcatch etc. just yesterday)

I think those prices could double within weeks at this rate things are moving fast.
My feeling is soon even the worst combinations will be worth $100+ each but am happy to wait some time for that to happen if need be (not that I have many of those at all anyway).

For all those not sure what's going on and why check this article out it's a good read:
http://www.businessinsider.com/china-is-buying-up-the-internet-2015-11?IR=T

•••
All it takes is 1 chinese sanction on domains and there pops the bubble. Don't think certain officials are noticing what's going on?

Smart investors should be in and out with these trends. Jmho.

•••
NNNNNN.com even with 4 or 0 seem to have already hit the $100 floor price.
Some of yesterday’s sales include:

Domain Sales price

092979.com - $116
478966.com - $151
476588.com - $155
354566.com - $163
478818.com - $101

•••
next is 7n and 8n .com

7N - 10 million possible combination
8N - 100 million possible combination

Buyout is almost impossible for both IMHO :P:xf.grin:

•••
it's a bubble or planned action by speculators, why buying 100 exchange tyres for a car you're going to sell next year ?

Cheaper and safer than bitcoin that's why ;)
Also there are 21x less 6n.com than bitcoins, yet they are a fraction of the price...
i don't even know where my bitcoins are (what computer hdd/usb key), but domains can be traced with public records and accounts at registrars.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well, you just never know with the Chinese government...

Remember the crackdown with .cn? Eventually, they did sort of back off, but still...

One thing to consider: Verisign is located in the U.S., so the Chinese government reach would be severely limited. And citizens of repressive countries are quite resourceful.

Definitely food for thought, though...

•••
For those who are afraid of a Chinese government intervention on domains names investments, just do this small computation:

Let say Chinese investors will/have register/ed all 6N.com, all 6N.net, all 7N.com all 7N.net, all 4L.net, all 4L.com, and all NNNN in let say, 50 extensions (we are still far from this scenario).

This represents less than 30 millions domains. 30 millions x 3 years of renewal fees is less than 1 billion.

This is just nothing regarding the volume of oversees Chinese investments (6400 billions): http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5136953a-1b3d-11e5-8201-cbdb03d71480.html#axzz3qtFiGRDJ

Conclusion: don't worry, Chinese government don't give a damn.

•••
in that case it might be the starting of a new dawn for 7n and 8n.some people with nice patterns would be smiling to the bank soon:$::$:;)

•••
Interesting news! Too bad I have none in my portfolio!
Wondering if 6number "nets" are next...

The good 6N .nets are basically gone. ;)

•••
Sold all but one of mine last week. Holding the one just to see where the market goes.

•••
But there was so many left, I thought had time to make another cup of tea before it happened

•••
All it takes is 1 chinese sanction on domains and a lot of investors are out of big money.
Smart investors should be in and out on these trends. Jmho.

That is the one risk here I see.

However, as enaming have explained recently that is not likely to happen.

Also the outcry everywhere would be huge as they would be seen to not being open for business by doing that as there are huge Chinese companies buying up 2l.coms, 3/4n.coms etc. every day to run legit businesses on (so where do you draw the line)

It would be a very risky play IMO to even consider doing anything like that and there are a number of other reasons I could think of.

However, having said that, taking money off the table to the point you're comfortable with your returns no matter what happens is sensible IMO (and is my plan). Anything from there is a bonus.

•••
Some points. But I think they'd worry more about how stocks and old monies are being affected than those companies who bought up domains.

The number of investors in domains in China is still a very small % currently (even though numbers are growing,) I can see it becoming an issue for the govt there just not for some time and even if it does start to really bother them will be very hard to actually limit in any meaningful way IMO.

Again, I still recommend others to cash in bit by bit where appropriate and possible just in case anything does change at some point in time. That is the smart move here, it's about ROI at the end of the day IMO.

•••
For those who are afraid of a Chinese government intervention on domains names investments, just do this small computation:

Let say Chinese investors will/have register/ed all 6N.com, all 6N.net, all 7N.com all 7N.net, all 4L.net, all 4L.com, and all NNNN in let say, 50 extensions (we are still far from this scenario).

This represents less than 30 millions domains. 30 millions x 3 years of renewal fees is less than 1 billion.

This is just nothing regarding the volume of oversees Chinese investments (6400 billions): http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5136953a-1b3d-11e5-8201-cbdb03d71480.html#axzz3qtFiGRDJ

Conclusion: don't worry, Chinese government don't give a damn.

I couldn't agree more.

By all means feel free to cash in some money as and when appropriate depending on circumstances etc. though if anyone has any concern. It's an exciting time to be in domaining right now.

•••
最后几百个6数com就是我注册的,谢谢你们关注中国,七数也快光了。无40的,你们快抢注一批吧!
没抢注你们又要拍大退了!
Translation:
Finally, a few hundred 6 com is my registration, thank you concerned about China , the number seven is also fast bare. No 40, you quickly registered a number of it!
Not registered you have to beat the big retreat

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
There are two possible scenarios. One is we are forming big bubble, and the other is that new era of domaining just started.

I would like to hear opinions from Chinese people. We can just guess. Numbers really ARE a big factor in their culture and we most likely don't understand that enough. They, in most cases, use numbers as their e-mail address. Is that normal? To me definitely not, but to them it is perfectly normal. Their e-mail addresses often contain 7-9 number, so web address with "only" six numbers is not too long I guess. On the other side, you can hear thoughts how domains recently became commodity in China.

When started madness with postal stamps or paintings? I don't know when, but I can tell that to me that is complete BS. But that BS hold VALUE.

Haters are everywhere. Neither of us could be 100% sure how will this end. Right now, it is great investment opportunity and I like it.

Last edited:
•••
1688888888888888888.com Concerned about the matter

•••
•••
I think the rising value on 7N domains are going to benefit 6N registrations, even the lower quality ones.
7N are already selling for 3-4 figures.
There's a little over 2 million 7N with no 0 or 4. Just double the total 6n count.
When the 7N with no 0 or 4 buyout occurs probably in the coming month, this will have a positive knockon effect on 6N IMO.

•••
但为什么他们使用 4.cn ?
如果都是4,我们叫做“豹子”,就是几个数字都是4,比如44,444,4444,这些就是豹子,使用4.cn是因为单个数字太稀少了,所以才喜欢

•••
I understand why 4 is bad, and @daoyouqingliubu has explained a little that domains with and without a 4 will both sell, but with a price difference. I don't understand why 0 is bad. Can somebody explain that to me? Is a 6N.com palindrome beginning and ending with 0 worth $50?
Someone think people don't like number 4 or 0 due to Chinese culture.
IMO, the major reazon is that big investors in oreder to manipulate the domain market easily, they claim domains with 4 or 0 have less value and it became the domain name rules.
without 4 or 0, the quantity of domain names would be greatly reduced and it is good for them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back