IT.COM

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold

Tap2Save.com - $300

Not life changing but half of an ipad. :)

Cheers

•••
Just smashed a great sale -

Tap247 / com

To the owner of Tap365 / com

Unfortunately I cannot disclose the price ( same as the sale of Tap365 / com ) But I am HAPPY AS LARRY!

;) :$::$::$::$:

Last edited:
•••
saw some nice sales reported on DNJournal this week:

OnlinePaymentProcessing.com $8,500
redwallet.com $4,500
RapidCash.net $3,000
touchsolutions.net $1,488

Last edited:
•••
sold - geopay360 .com $1750

thanks defaultuser - for the advice regarding geo pay domains :)

•••
Sold xxxxxxxWallet.com $2000

Year of the wallet...

Last edited:
•••
Finally sold a wallet domain,

Wallet 2 Wallet
Wallet to Wallet
$1500 both

Both .com's
The offer actually came in last January but I thought I could get more, went back and forth for 6 months, also tried to find other buyers but I finally just took the $1500

Hand reg'd both last year thanks to this thread.
Rep to the OP

:)

•••
SOLD!
• Mobile (|) Payments (|) Service (.) com
$1,900
Buy It Now @ Sedo
$0.99 hand reg last year

•••
•••
I`d just like to ring in here quick...
the best "NFC" related dn`s were registered back in 2005-06... not saying they are a few gems waiting to still be picked up, but you`ll have to do diligent research to find them.

Many of the dn`s posted in this thread are not even worth the reg fee... money thrown out the window unless you have plans to develop them.Developing these domains now can help get you a foothold in related traffic later down the road, but just by parking these dn`s you will see no revenue nor a sale.

On another note... NFC technology is still a long way from global adoption. Yes, there has been in the last 18 months lots of international media coverage, trials, and implementations worldwide, but there still are many obstacles ahead for NFC technology due to a lack of complimenting ecosystems. The stagnation of NFC in its early days was mostly due to the lack of NFC enabled handsets, which is now going to change dramatically.
Besides mobile handsets, 2012 will see the rollout of multiple NFC enabled hardware devices... in computing, electronics, automobiles,etc...

The next major advancement for NFC technology is when Apple jumps in the game with the introduction of a NFC enabled iPhone or iPad. Btw, the latest iPad is a far cry from any innovative improvements...wait until the next one rolls out with NFC.

I myself have been following NFC since its inception, attending almost every NFC Forum conference. Next one I will be attending is WIMA
My company is involved in architectural design, developing applications, and solutions all based on the NDEF since 2007.

As another poster said earlier in this thread, save your $ and invest in a few solid names...

:talk:

•••
Got walletwave.com today through backorder.

•••
Listen guys I have an idea. I have been asked the question many times If I would list third party domains on my www.walletdomains.com website from domainers on this forum and for a fee if the domain sells. I will be willing to add up to 24 domains per person to my selling page and I do not have any interest in taking a fee if you have a sale. If I do get a lot of domains coming through you will have to be patient as this may take some time for me to add to my site as I have to balance domaining with my full time factory job ( which one day I hope to leave and do domaining full time ) . Adding your domains to my website will not guarantee sales, however I suppose it is good to be in every shop window possible and since I try to be as friendly as can be I am willing to put in some of my time to add your domains. So Pick your best 24 domains and private message me them, the only thing I will ask is to put them in some kind of order when sending them to me i.e -

xxxwallet.com
xxxxxwallet.com
Tapxxxx.com
Tapxx.com
MobileWalletxxxx.com
MobileWalletxxxxxxx.com
DigitalWalletxxxx.com
DigitalWalletxxxx.com
Nfcxxxx.com
Nfcxxxxxx.com

etc, etc.

Like I have said, I will not take a fee for a lead to a sale and If an end-user clicks on the make an offer button I will contact the seller directly with the proposed offer, alternatively the buyer may contact you directly via the who is info. I will add the domains to my site in the order I receive them via pm.

Cheers

P.S. If the amount of domains you send me is less than 24, you can pm me any time with additional domains to add to your list.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Just sold -

Tap365.com

To an end-user / company , sale came direct through my site.

Price is not being disclosed as part of the deal.

Money in bank, transfer in progress.

:bingo:

•••
I have a Tap name now so I can officially feel part of this thread.

Its not money related at all... But i feel more welcome now lol

•••
•••
I have decided to sell it, I prefer to make 10 x $880 easy sales then wait for someone to make $8,800 offer on one domain. My domains are mostly drops and reg'd one's so any high $xxx offer is good for me right now.

Cheers

•••
These are my top earning parked .com NFC dn`s for the month of October... all of these generated a min. $4

nfcbank
nfcbanking
nfcbilling
nfcdesign
nfcelectronics * earned $18.25
nfcgame
nfchealthcare
nfcholidays
nfchome
nfchomesecurity
nfclogistics
nfcmarketing
nfcpro
nfcretail
nfcreviews
nfcsales
nfcsupport
nfcticket

•••
Just had 3 sales on Godaddy

ReplaceCreditCard(com) $997
ReplaceCreditCards(com) $997

I bought them because I thought they could be used to make the case for mobile wallets. It will be interesting to see if the buyer will use them for that. Used godaddy coupons to buy them so I am happy with the sales.

VirtualLoyaltyCard(com) $997

Virtual Loyalty Cards will be used on phones inside mobile wallets.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Last edited:
•••
Sold inwallet.com $350. Fess up if you bought it :D

•••
Sold in .com with a hyphen

Global-Wallet $1250

•••
[/COLOR]It's probably obvious i'm excited with the potential of NFC. So I have hand reg'd a few more... If you're keeping up with the news you'll see what I mean.

TapToLikeIt.com
TapToShareIt.com
TapForWIFI.com
ConnectTap.com
TapToFollow.com
TapToFight.com
TapForFriend.com
TapToJoin.com
CheckinTap.com
TapLike.It
TapToLike.It
TapToShare.It
MobileTap.It
CellTap.It
LikeTap.info
TapLike.info
TapToLikeIt.info
ShareTap.info
WIFITap.info
FollowTap.info
PlayTap.info
FriendTap.info
CheckinTap.info
TapCheckin.info
TapFor.info
NFCTap.info
MobileTap.info
CellTap.info
TapSmart.info
TapSafe.info
SecureTap.info
SecureNFC.info
SmarStickers.info
SmartSticker.info
SmartTags.info
PayTap.info
SellTap.info
BuyTap.info
SmartTa.gs
NFCTa.gs

I see a lot of $$$ being flushed down the toilet.....

•••
thxs for all the daily news mrcurly

so what's the correct term to use - for this niche

tap
wallet
nfc
mobile

You will find words like tap, wave, swipe, ping, wallet etc will become the norm as they are pronounceable. NFC will still be a term used with this technology, but I think when it comes to domains, you are better off having a nice brandable, pronounceable name.

Just my opinion folks....

•••
I am going to be really honest here. Some of you might not like what I have to say. But anyway...

NFC is a form of technology. Companies are investing in it-that's true. But they have built their business around their brand and tend to use their main business site for most of their products/services. Why should that change with wallets?

They are unlikely to use a completely new domain for their product. For example, touchwallet.com would be nice for Sprint to have, but even if they do get it, there's a high probability that it will be a redirect to a subdomain on their main site: touchwallet.sprint.com or another page on their site. Why? They want good awareness for their other products as well. A customer can edit the address and visit sprint.com! :tu: Makes it easier to purchase other services. It makes business sense.

If it's a completely new domain being used, they will not enjoy this. Sure, customers would know touchwallet belongs to Sprint, but why would a well-established brand launch a single product/service away from its own site? Do we see this in reality? No. Google uses Google.com for most of their services. So do many companies online such as financial institutions, retailers, etc. The new product/service gains greater credibility for being associated with a giant.

Now, in this thread guys have been buying soooo many names. I have seen some nice ones here and there. But the others, which are the majority, don’t make sense. Wasn’t this the same with 3G back in the day? Reality only sank in for those guys who bought 3G domains when Motorola dropped 3G.Org 2 years ago . ;) As a domainer, I would love 3G.Org-don’t get me wrong, but Motorola as a company knew that the domain would have little value to them as far as branding to customers is concerned when real 4G speeds is what everyone is striving to achieve these days. The 3G market is still out there, but Motorola just didn’t want it anymore.

Many are trying to predict too many keywords for a product/service-which might never end up making sense when the product/service becomes the norm. Where will that leave you?

:wave:

•••
sold today taptopayit dot com $2500 enduser sale

I just wanted to say thanks to mrcurly and the thread starter for the heads up regarding these domains ..

gonna buy myself a treat a new macbook ... I'm really happy thanks guys !!

•••
•••
Just had another high $xxx for TouchToPay.com from my site, I cant sell for that price though. I think its a domainer and not a company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back