Dynadot

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I`d just like to ring in here quick...
the best "NFC" related dn`s were registered back in 2005-06... not saying they are a few gems waiting to still be picked up, but you`ll have to do diligent research to find them.

Many of the dn`s posted in this thread are not even worth the reg fee... money thrown out the window unless you have plans to develop them.Developing these domains now can help get you a foothold in related traffic later down the road, but just by parking these dn`s you will see no revenue nor a sale.

On another note... NFC technology is still a long way from global adoption. Yes, there has been in the last 18 months lots of international media coverage, trials, and implementations worldwide, but there still are many obstacles ahead for NFC technology due to a lack of complimenting ecosystems. The stagnation of NFC in its early days was mostly due to the lack of NFC enabled handsets, which is now going to change dramatically.
Besides mobile handsets, 2012 will see the rollout of multiple NFC enabled hardware devices... in computing, electronics, automobiles,etc...

The next major advancement for NFC technology is when Apple jumps in the game with the introduction of a NFC enabled iPhone or iPad. Btw, the latest iPad is a far cry from any innovative improvements...wait until the next one rolls out with NFC.

I myself have been following NFC since its inception, attending almost every NFC Forum conference. Next one I will be attending is WIMA
My company is involved in architectural design, developing applications, and solutions all based on the NDEF since 2007.

As another poster said earlier in this thread, save your $ and invest in a few solid names...

:talk:

•••
Picked up -

NFCVIBE.COM
NFCDRIVEN.COM
NFCBLOGGER.COM
NFCFEVER.COM

Cheers

I'm not kidding or trying to be funny.

These work better as NFL names.

•••
I'm not kidding or trying to be funny.

These work better as NFL names.

I tend to agree... develop those for football...for nfc technology they have zero value...

•••
After a little tidy up :) Please continue ..

Kind regards
Michelle

•••
While I think mobile phone's are the quintessential "convergence" device, I would caution those buying questionable/unusual nfc, wallet or tap domains. There are folks from domain companies on this board (and other domain boards) pushing/promoting speculating dn buying behavior in very subtle ways. While I would be the last to criticize those buying highly speculatively dn's, I will suggest caution mixed with a clear plan or vision of what the potential domain(s) may represent.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Here is more info on that and a video demo.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/14/paypal-digital-wallet-demo/

I haven't been convinced of a big demand for wallet domains, but the interesting thing here that sounds new is the digital wallet containing vouchers, coupons, loyalty cards, and other financial products and services.

And here is another twist, sort of going in the other direction - apps and other stuff being built into the credit card, not the other way around:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2012/03/01/the-credit-card-is-the-new-app-platform/

The platform in this case is the payment network. Software developers will add new capabilities to cards by programming the payment network to link online applications to specific payment events. Consumers will be able to effectively “drag and drop” apps to their smart cards in the same way that they add apps to their smart phones today.

•••
The new owner of Wallet.com is.......

Administrative Contact:
DNS Admin
Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View CA 94043
US

They have redirected it to Google.com as well

•••
The new owner of Wallet.com is.......

They have redirected it to Google.com as well

I wonder how much they paid for it?
I wonder if the seller had any idea they were dealing with the big "G"

I hope they got at least a million dollars.

•••
I wonder how much they paid for it?
I wonder if the seller had any idea they were dealing with the big "G"

I hope they got at least a million dollars.

Probably not. Google most likely used another company to purchase it for $x,xxx or low $xx,xxx.

•••
Probably not. Google most likely used another company to purchase it for $x,xxx or low $xx,xxx.

I would bet they at least got $100k or more but if they did only get what you said then it would literally be the Steal of the century as in they stole it for peanuts.

•••
•••
com
NFCsocialnetwork

Regards,
Vitaliy

:wave:

•••
ClosedWallet/com on a drop.
A system to address payment gateway issues so Goo tells me!

•••
Sale

billzap.com $3,288

Last edited:
•••
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here developing NFC domains?

•••
I haven't purchased any NFC or wallet domains and I won't. Last week I went to godaddy auctions for a domain I backordered. Another domain caught my attention and I ended up buying it.

Paymachine.com finally went into my account today :)

•••
Sale

billzap.com $3,288

Did you sell that?
I like that one.

I own BillPing com :)

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I haven't purchased any NFC or wallet domains and I won't. Last week I went to godaddy auctions for a domain I backordered. Another domain caught my attention and I ended up buying it.

Paymachine.com finally went into my account today :)

Paymachine.com :gn:

•••
•••
@Lennco

Not mine mate.

Picked up the other day -

USNFC.com

TabletPayments.com

MobilePaymentApps.com

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
•••
Mobile Wallet News

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uG6f6sMW-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Mobile Wallet - YouTube[/ame]

•••
•••
Interesting, Microsoft applies for "Tap and Do" trademark as it relates to "computers and computer peripherals featuring near field communication (NFC) connectivity".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back