NameSilo

discuss The NFC & Mobile Tech Discussion and Showcase (Tap / Wallet / Money)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another trend on the way with tapping phones hitting the masses. Especially with Google Wallet launching and NFC phones becoming the norm. Here are a few of my best. Most have gone. "Tag" is also a key word... Anyone else have any?

TapAndPIN.com
Buy-Tap.com
MateTap.com
TapPurchase.com
NFCTap.It
PayTap.It
PurchaseTap.com
TagNTap.com
Tap2Fight.com
Tap2Follow.com
Tap2Pay.It
Tap2Share.It
Tap4.It
Tap4Discount.com
TapFollow.com
TapX.It
TransferTap.com
XchangeTap.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hey domainers, as I have said before...I wouldnt bother with names like these, you will end up just renewing year after year, hoping for a pay day that wont come. The only way you can make a little $$ out of these is to develop them into something, which most domainers say they will do,but never get around to actually doing.

MobileWalletKeyword.com or DigitalWallet???.com.....companies are not going to build a company based around something like this, they will use brandable names like WavePay, TapIt or EasyCash

I just see people regging plenty of these average names that just wont sell. If you think it will work, just buy the .COM and leave it at that, but dont waste your money on the other extensions as well

Anyway....just an opinion, I'm not looking for any replies or arguments

•••
Hey domainers, as I have said before...I wouldnt bother with names like these, you will end up just renewing year after year, hoping for a pay day that wont come. The only way you can make a little $$ out of these is to develop them into something, which most domainers say they will do,but never get around to actually doing.

MobileWalletKeyword.com or DigitalWallet???.com.....companies are not going to build a company based around something like this, they will use brandable names like WavePay, TapIt or EasyCash

I just see people regging plenty of these average names that just wont sell. If you think it will work, just buy the .COM and leave it at that, but dont waste your money on the other extensions as well

I know you said you aren't looking for replies -

but a "something like this..." name, with examples
and in "an other extension" - sounds like it needs one.

I live in Canada, so the .ca - to me -
is the .com I'll never own.

and since all the "brandable names" are more than likely all trademarked,
MY "generic" .ca gets to use them all without being specific on a TM

and so that some bigwallet.com dudes don't make me give it to them.

no plans to sell, and I promise I won't use the "d" word LOL

•••
and since all the "brandable names" are more than likely all trademarked,
MY "generic" .ca gets to use them all without being specific on a TM

I checked a lot of brandable names and most of them dont have a TM's related to this industry. There are TM's for other industries, but that wont affect someone building a tap/wallet/nfc site on it

Good luck with the name

•••
caught another one ! TapYourPay.com

I'm done regging :)

•••
@giles

I only have to look at the amount of sites with CreditCatdKEYWORD.com , comparing credit cards to see that MobileWalletKEYWORD.com / DigitalWalletKEYWORD.com , will have potential. You are right by saying big companies will not buy these types of names , it will be end-users wanting to develop just like many end-users and domainers alike have developed CreditCardKEYWORD.com. This is only my opinion and my take on it.

Cheers

•••
@giles

I only have to look at the amount of sites with CreditCatdKEYWORD.com , comparing credit cards to see that MobileWalletKEYWORD.com / DigitalWalletKEYWORD.com , will have potential. You are right by saying big companies will not buy these types of names , it will be end-users wanting to develop just like many end-users and domainers alike have developed CreditCardKEYWORD.com. This is only my opinion and my take on it.

Cheers

Good luck ;)

•••
My example

If I wanted to develop a site comparing all the different mobile wallets, I would either buy -

WalletReviews.com
Or
MobileWalletReviews.com

And at this point early in the game, I would opt for MobileWalletReviews.com because I feel that Mobile Wallet is not well known and taking it down to Wallet might not be enough. The term " Mobile Wallet " is being thrown about the internet from corner to corner , even isis branded their wallet as " isis mobile wallet".

Last edited:
•••
I've now seen several UK tv adverts for paying by phone, including Pingit, and yesterday I saw my first NFC sticker on a bus stop.

Picked up NFClabe(l)ling dot com - I read that some medicines may have talking nfc tags for partially sighted users.

Here is a cool vid that shows a whole series of NFC travel interactions in future daily life
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BIkImPJaYU"]Watchdata Transport NFC Mobile Payment - animation - YouTube[/ame]

And a BMW key can now be a hotel key, kind of http://www.assaabloy.com/en/com/Pre...-into-mobile-keys-by-VingCard-Elsafe-and-BMW/

I see that NFC.om is the live site of the National Ferries Company of Oman.

Good point, I largely agree. We've been seing a domainer feeding frenzy in what is basically a kind of Future Domaining. Yes we know NFC will be big, and mobile wallets will happen, but just how is not clear.

There aren't many sales to point to. One thing I noticed looking up tap names is often enough there is a tap+keyword app already but the same tap+keyword.com is free - to me that says app developers don't need domains for every app and app names are not prompting websites to match. In fact all this activity is on smartphones, mostly not on websites, so are domains needed?

BTW we already had the credit card discussion a few pages back. IMO once someone has a digital wallet they will not be keen to switch just as people hate switching banks, so the key thing will be how providers attract customers to their first wallet.

Last edited:
•••
Good point, I largely agree. We've been seing a domainer feeding frenzy in what is basically a kind of Future Domaining. Yes we know NFC will be big, and mobile wallets will happen, but just how is not clear.

Exactly, and people do go a bit crazy and register all sorts of names in the same niche and with all these different extensions, it happened with 3D, Cloud, solar, AR...and now its happening with Wallet, NFC, Swipe, Ping, Tap, all the same thing but I see loads of names with these words in...its all a big lottery with "future trend" domains and the chance of selling anything besides the decent .COM names are tiny, so rather reg 5-10 decent names and focus on selling or developing those. You are going to see a lot of drops 12 and 24 months from now..

•••
More Mobile Wallets Incoming: Placecast Launches White Label Shop Alerts Wallet

http://m.techcrunch.com/2012/06/27/...ecast-launches-white-label-shopalerts-wallet/

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/placecast-cashes-mobile-wallet-craze-141467

The video -
http://blog.placecast.net/post/26005063775/shopalerts-wallet-offers-transactions-consumers

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

BTW we already had the credit card discussion a few pages back. IMO once someone has a digital wallet they will not be keen to switch just as people hate switching banks, so the key thing will be how providers attract customers to their first wallet.

It will not be as much bother as changing banks, 1. Download App , 2. Add Cards to Wallet, 3.Done

Experts predict multiple wallets per person.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Google details Jelly Bean NFC features: Android Beam upgrade, tap-to-pair speakers

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/27/google-details-jelly-bean-nfc-features-android-beam-upgrade-ta/

" Tim Stevens 5:54 PM
Hugo says there are a million NFC-enabled Android devices shipping every week."

"Tim Stevens 5:54 PM
Now they have more they can do. You can send photos after pairing over NFC and you can pair with speakers over NFC too. "It takes one second."

Last edited:
•••
It will not be as much bother as changing banks, 1. Download App , 2. Add Cards to Wallet, 3.Done

4. Open App
5. Tap

I'm quite happy with :

1. Take Cash out of wallet
2. Pay
3. Receive Change
4. Drop coins in charity bucket

or

1. Take out card
2. Swipe

The main problem here is that the monetary system is flawed and businesses are scrapping over the remains.

NFC has much broader usage appeal than just payment systems which is a solution looking for a problem. The only problem I see being solved is allowing people to see how cool my phone is when paying (and QR Codes are ugly) :)

Touchless payment systems have been around for years. I used to tapnwhatever at the gas station back in early 2000s. SMS payments have been around for ages too (I guess with security issues). I see a world where you have one app per "loyalty wallet"... what fun. I can't even find Tapatalk on my phone.

•••
I'm quite happy with :

1. Take Cash out of wallet
2. Pay
3. Receive Change
4. Drop coins in charity bucket

5. Handed receipt
6. Put receipt into wallet

Or

1. Open App
2. Tap

To be honest, I dont think it is the time saved during checkout that will sell the Wallet to the public, more the money off coupon you get straight to your Wallet when walking past the shop.

Mobile Wallets might not solve the world's problems or save the rain forest with no receipts, but I bet in 3-5 years 25% ( or more ) of the population will be happy tappers!

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
In Australia some banks will have a pay to go system (or Australians being Australians, a go as fast as you can without paying system) especially after filling up with petrol and shooting off without paying.

This system will be a wave system, probably so called because businesses can wave goodbye to their money. Therefore i have regged.

wavebanking.com
wavebanks.com
waveanz (australia and new zealand)

Please let this be my last waste of money on these names!!!

Last edited:
•••
In Australia some banks will have a pay to go system (or Australians being Australians, a go as fast as you can without paying system) especially after filling up with petrol and shooting off without paying.

This system will be a wave system, probably so called because businesses can wave goodbye to their money. Therefore i have regged.

wavebanking.com
wavebanks.com
waveanz (australia and new zealand)

Please let this be my last waste of money on these names!!!

I have a couple for new zealand -

KiwiWallet.com
MobilePayment.co.nz
MobilePayments.co.nz

•••
•••
Picked up a small drop -

DIGITALWALLET.EU

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
May I just point out, I do not post the news on Wallets / Tap & Nfc , for people to go mad and register anything to do with this niche, I do it because I believe that great domainers can seek opportunities to make money.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7eUdcA9gDI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Mobile Wallet Demystification - Helping Retailers Cut Through the Confusion Quickly - YouTube[/ame]

•••
•••
A new start up - Coinapult.com

Coinapult allows mobile users in the US and Canada to access their funds via SMS messages. In this way, you can send and receive Bitcoin from your phone, even if you are in an area with no data service.

http://coinapult.com/sms-wallet

•••
A new start up - Coinapult.com

Coinapult allows mobile users in the US and Canada to access their funds via SMS messages. In this way, you can send and receive Bitcoin from your phone, even if you are in an area with no data service.

http://coinapult.com/sms-wallet

Apparently Apple took the bitcoin apps out of the App store to protect Apple's own wallet plans. Apple might even ban Paypal from apps in future. Found this in Forbes -
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/06/13/why-apple-is-afraid-of-bitcoin/

Bitcoin is not the only virtual currency target. The founders of micro-payment service Flattr say that they are the victims of an ‘app dictatorship’ after Apple rejected the podcatcher Instacast based on its integration with Flattr. Apple cited App Store Review Guidelines 21.2 which states that “the collection of donations must be done via a web site in Safari or an SMS.” A Bitcoin Forum member then surmised: “Have the app create the script and route that out through using SMS. I wonder what the difference is though between an app that uses Flattr and an app that uses PayPal, as far as being used to transfer funds from one person to another.”

PayPal is a unique and interesting exception. Having been in the App Store since the very beginning, PayPal has the volume and clout to the point of where rejecting it would harm Apple more than PayPal. Also, PayPal holds consumer accounts and processes only national currencies so they are more like a bank and card company combined. However, Apple still hugely regulates what can be done via PayPal. While consumers can send payments to each other and link PayPal to fund their iTunes account, developers selling in the App Store are forbidden in accepting PayPal directly due to Apple’s 30% cut.

Bitcoin might be stymied by Apple for now, but I predict that even the well known PayPal app will join the growing list of roadkill if Apple decides to enter person-to-person payments.

and check this out

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocent...oogle-vs-everyone-in-the-mobile-payments-war/

Now to the trillion dollar question: who will be the resulting winners and the losers in mobile payments? At stake are huge pots of gold accruing to the winners. These include:

Interchange. This is the toll charged by payment networks on every transaction, typically in the range of 2% of the transaction for credit cards, less for debit cards. Typically paid by merchants, interchange amounts to tens of billions of dollars across purchase volume of nearly $2 trillion worldwide.
Lending & Fees. Credit card issuers do much more than facilitate purchases. They are also big-time lenders, with nearly $600 billion in loans. A winning mobile payment platform could capture some of the interest and fees currently charged by the credit card banks.
Advertising & Loyalty. The mobile wallet can close the loop to connect specific marketing campaigns with in-store results, and at the same time be a channel for promotions to drive people into the store. Total ad spend in the U.S. alone exceeds $150 billion, presenting another huge opportunity.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Interesting quote from that article

Even though the mobile payment and digital wallet space has yet to find a consensus, one thing is clear, Smith wrote in his note. “…the payment itself is becoming commoditized; it is therefore the functionality you wrap around the payment or embed in the mobile wallet that will differentiate the winners from the losers.”

Last edited:
•••
•••
Kuapay Mobile Wallet Launches Social Gaming Twist, KuaPlay

http://room.pk/kuapay-mobile-wallet-launches-social-gaming-twist-kuaplay/

This will start to happen a lot with games, trust me.

Don't forget GameWallet.com own by Zynga I believe WalletGame.com is still available.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Don't forget GameWallet.com own by Zynga I believe WalletGame.com is still available.

That was quick WalletGame.com is taken right away when I posted ! lol

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back