IT.COM

.mobi Zong.mobi. $X,XXX offer received, deal or no deal?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
zong.mobi. I had a plan to develop for www.sametopic.com/mobi/zong/ before. however, sb. offers $X,XXX since I parked it on Sedo.com recently.

Should I receive this offer or hold this domain for my own website ? right now I don't think lower $X,XXX is enough for zong.mobi, maybe I should reject this offer ?

I know there are some websites named Zong such as zong.com, zong.co.il... and Zong is a popular Chinese Character and a family name ....

Could sb. give any suggestions ?

Thanks!

(Finally, sorry, I have started the public auction : http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=us&auction_id=8233&tracked=&partnerid=)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have an offer presently for $X,xxx ... for Zong.mobi? :blink:

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
You have an offer presently for $X,xxx ... for Zong.mobi? :blink:

Thanks for the assist.
-Jeff B-)

if you dont believe it, just watch, no voice.

•••
Thanks for the assistance and insight ... :|

Good Luck, tony_np.
-Jeff B-)

•••
tony_np said:
and Zong is a popular Chinese Character and a family name

Congrats, IMO, you should take the offer immediately. :)

BTW: Zong is a Chinese character, but it is a very very uncommon family name.

(总, 纵, 宗, 棕, 综, 踪, 鬃, 偬, 粽, 枞, 腙, 倊, 倧, 傯, 堫, 嵏, 嵕, 嵸, 從, 惣, 惾, 愡, 捴, 揔, 搃, 摠, 昮, 朡, 椶, 樅, 潀, 潈, 潨, 熜, 熧, 燪, 猔, 猣, 疭, 瘲, 碂, 磫, 稯, 糉, 綜, 緃, 総, 緫, 緵, 縂, 縦, 縱, 總, 翪, 艐, 葼, 蓗, 蓯, 蝬, 豵, 踨, 蹤, 錝, 鍯, 鏓, 鑁, 騌, 騣, 骔, 鬉, 鬷, 鯮, 鯼 )

•••
SELL.

The overall numbers for "zong" are not very strong, so I would accept an offer of $X,XXX. And that's a very nice ROI in a short period of time.

Good luck!

•••
Accept the offer, send it to auction. Its a win-win situation. If anyone else wants it they will see it. Once at auction the exposure is increased on a grand scale that you could never possibly pay for.

•••
Solution

Since you are dealing with a domain that is branding biased, and might not ever amount to anything for anyone else, you should take the money and run. Run right to the registrar and invest in more mobis.

Godaddy just had them for ten dollars each. You could buy 100 of them for a grand if you can afford the yearly reg fee until the mobis are widely accepted and used by the masses, and if it won't take away from you housing or food money later. There are still plenty of generic ones left to reg.

One more thing. In Deal or No Deal, sometimes when the contestant turned down the good offers he ultimately walked with $10.

Last edited:
•••
OH GOD OH GOD SELL SELL SELLL SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

My understated suggestion is to sell. How come weirdly high offers for average names never happen to me?

•••
homebuyer said:
Since you are dealing with a domain that is branding biased, and might not ever amount to anything for anyone else, you should take the money and run. Run right to the registrar and invest in more mobis.

Godaddy just had them for ten dollars each. You could buy 100 of them for a grand if you can afford the yearly reg fee until the mobis are widely accepted and used by the masses, and if it won't take away from you housing or food money later. There are still plenty of generic ones left to reg.
I agree. Take the money and reinvest. I have many names on my list that I wish I could reg. right now but I simply cant afford it. Take the money and go get em. :)

keithmt

•••
Sounds like a solid offer. Seeing your dev sample, I don't see it earning $1,000 any time soon so I would sell.

•••
keithmt said:
I agree. Take the money and reinvest. I have many names on my list that I wish I could reg. right now but I simply cant afford it. Take the money and go get em. :)

keithmt
You are cracking me up!!!

homebuyer said:
One more thing. In Deal or No Deal, sometimes when the contestant turned down the good offers he ultimately walked with $10.
What an insanely sane approach!!! I love it!

•••
http://www.zong.com/front/index.php

a mobile site

* Mobile campaigns
* Mobile Alerts / Push
* Mobile payments on websites
* Mobile Quizzes
* Mobile Voting
* Mobile Interactivity
* And much more...

how much is the offer, these guys would probyl pay alot for it.

•••
tony_np said:
zong.mobi. I had a plan to develop for right now I don't think lower $X,XX...dn't be trying for more than a few thousand..

•••
snoop said:
Good lord! this name really isn't worth anything, think yourself lucky a company has branded with this term. I'd be very carefully on the potential for t/m issues in terms of negotiating, the name would could be difficult to defend if the they disputed it so I wouldn't be trying for more than a few thousand..
I agree...take their offer before it's too late. Also, by not getting too greedy about it, think of yourself as doing a good deed on the path to .mobi success -- these guys can do far more with that name than you ever could, which will in turn advance the extension just that much more... B-)

•••
Counter with $10k. Dont send to auction since there is probably only that 1 end user so you would get no other bids. I am sure they are willing to pay more than what the offer is.

•••
circa1850 said:
Accept the offer, send it to auction. Its a win-win situation. If anyone else wants it they will see it. Once at auction the exposure is increased on a grand scale that you could never possibly pay for.

I can not understand since I have never taken auction on Sedo. you mean I can receive this offer firstly, and then send it to auction ? how ? could you teach me?

Thanks!

nrmillions said:
Counter with $10k. Dont send to auction since there is probably only that 1 end user so you would get no other bids. I am sure they are willing to pay more than what the offer is.

That s what I want. you know what? I have countered with $70K before to the buyer, and told him/her I don't want to sell it because I will use it for my website, and really I had a plan to use it by myself. later, I received his new offer $X,XXX. I think this buyer really wanna get this domain.

•••
snoop said:
Good lord! this name really isn't worth anything, think yourself lucky a company has branded with this term. I'd be very carefully on the potential for t/m issues in terms of negotiating, the name would could be difficult to defend if the they disputed it so I wouldn't be trying for more than a few thousand..

Trademark issue is out of the question. Zong is a well known Chinese surname character, and Zong.mobi is registered by a Chinese. So the case is easily defendable.

•••
n00b here or not, my .02:

make a counter but be ready to take the $,$$$ and run/reinvest and chalk up another 4 digit .mobi sale! :tu:

•••
Don't push to auction a counter offer. Not a good business practice. Keep doing what your doing and sell the name if your happy with the price.

Good luck.

•••
VURG said:
Don't push to auction a counter offer. Not a good business practice. Keep doing what your doing and sell the name if your happy with the price.

Good luck.

how is that not good business practice? You should make sure you have an offer that would meet your own personal "reserve price" before you send it to auction. If you dont ever counter and only send to auction first, then you will most likely always be selling your names way below what your own reserve price would have been.

•••
Take the money and run.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will ever see it. :|

•••
OK, friends, thank you all.

now I have found the option to send this name to public auction on Sedo. my question is : if I send it to public auction, the buyer still has responsibility to buy this domain at his offer price if no other higher bid ?

Thanks a lot!

•••
I don't see the point in sending it to auction, the name is hardly likely to attract other bidders. Just negotiate and settle on a price.

•••
i would DEFINATELY sell. send it to auction and make sure your offer is a legit one. I have had some no shows recently

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back