IT.COM

Zitrote (forum software under investigation)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

liam_d

The original NP Emo KidEstablished Member
Impact
zitrote

Website = www.zitrote.com and www.ztboard.com both at namecheap

You get the custom design, all content, all scripts and all programs i planned to put on there.

Ive made around $110 this month from it from selling the forum script on there, total from selling the script since i started making it is around $400.

I will help with the transition of the site and will help with coding the forum and programs for the buyer :)

The script has been sold before in different states as a user has pointed out, this is a much upgraded version of ones which have been sold before. With this you also get the website + 3 custom screen savers and 2 custom windows programs.

I am quitting the domain/website industry so it will not be sold again, i will however make additions to the forum, windows programs and the screen savers for the buyer.

Asking price $250 via paypal

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Enough with this. The mods can delete this if they feel it necessary but I think people need to know!!

Liam, why did you not mention that you have sold this same "company" and script several times under different names claiming it's custom?

This script was originally named "CoreForum" http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=75010

You also sold it as "Core Coders" http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=84672

Then you sold it as "ClericTech" http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=90337

Ready for the funny part? You didn't even attempt to change the logo when you sold it as ClericTech http://www.clerictech.com/forum/ It still says CoreForum!

You then sold it AGAIN here as emoforums.net http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=94340 (In this thread I called you on it. You told the buyer they get full 100% rights to a script you already sold twice.)

THEN you changed the name to FedraBB and started selling licenses. http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=97402

But you needed money again so you sold FedraBB http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=100176

Last edited:
•••
•••
I make a starting point for people i am not a scammer and i don't hide from it.

They do get 100% rights to do what they want with it and which is exactly what they get, no buyer has ever complained.

Get it right fedrabb licenses were never sold it it then i was going to sell the code but i didn't so for a while it became free to download, as i stated before i sell the rights to a forum script.

You find many turnkey dating websites and all that well this is similair except you get domain names, scripts and other things.

Do your research properly next time pal.

Last edited:
•••
liam_d said:
no buyer has ever complained.
Immediately after I posted this I got a PM from the buyer of one of your sales of this script telling me good job and that they were glad I posted it.

My whole point here is that you do not tell people you've sold it over and over again in your sale threads. You do that on purpose. I don't believe anyone here would believe you forgot to mention that.

Can't believe you're even trying to make the turnkey argument considering you called your script "custom". Do you understand the difference between custom and turnkey?

Do your research properly next time pal.
LOL I think I did a pretty darn good job myself ;)

Just in case you try to edit your first post (because you seem like the dishonest type that would do that) here is EXACTLY what you said:
Website = www.zitrote.com and www.ztboard.com both at namecheap

You get the custom design, all content, all scripts and all programs i planned to put on there.

Ive made around $110 this month from it from selling the forum script on there, total from selling the script since i started making it is around $400.

I will help with the transition of the site and will help with coding the forum and programs for the buyer

Asking price $250 via paypal

Last edited:
•••
It is a custom script, i made it making it custom.

Mod delete his posts and stop him replying here.

Last edited:
•••
OK no need to get testy :D

I'll let those links speak for themselves.

If you try to edit those threads I linked to we'll see the edit dates showing today ;)

•••
I am not going to edit those posts but your quite right i have sold it before and i have editted my original post accordingly.

And if you notice i put this in the core coders thread;

Well the site has been sold sorry but i needed the money, although i made more than i thought so my newer site will be up soon!, with a few improvements

Stating a newer one will be up soon with improvements, still think im hiding from it?

And if you also notice in my original post i put this

Did you miss that bit showing i sold it before?

Last edited:
•••
I knew I seen that forum software somewhere before...

You really need to tell buyers that it's been sold numerous times.

liam_d said:
It is a custom script, i made it making it custom.

Mod delete his posts and stop him replying here.

It's not custom if their are tons of copies floating everywhere. When you say custom, you mean custom to one site. You should edit your sales thread so people know what they're getting.

I was sort of interested. Good job GeorgeB for picking up on this.

•••
lol, are you kidding me?

Do you really think the people you sold it to before will be ok with the fact that you took a script you sold to them as full rights to and turned right around added a few more features then sold it again?

OK I'm done with this but all I know is if you had sold me a script claiming it was mine then turned right around and released a new version based on MY code THEN sold a whole project based on MY code to someone else claiming they have 100% rights I'd be pissed.

vBulleitn already threatened legal action against the creators of myBB because they stole code form VB. You simply cannot do this.

You sold this code to someone else. It's theirs. You don't have the right to sell it again modified, improved or otherwise.

•••
I did edit my post thread if you actually care to read it, and if you read the post above yours you will find i did state that i have sold it before in my original thread with no editting.

The script that is on there has not been sold, the version before it has been.

•••
Liam_d, whatever your argument, you are in the wrong. Yes you created the script but you cannot brand it as "custom" if its been resold numerous times - "custom" tends to imply that it is unique. You also cannot give full rights to more than one buyer (which at this stage is about 5 buyers) because full rights means that they receive copyright priviledges and the ability to be the sole recipient of the script/software. You have and are trying to commit a fraudulent sale by your comments.

You no longer had any rights to use this scripts after you sold it to the first buyer with "100% rights", you are actually breaking copyright law (and have done multiple times in the aforementioned threads). Great job for pointing us in the right direction GeorgeB. Liam_b I recommend you stop trading with this script, you owned it once and now its been sold,it isnt yours to resell. That would be like someone downloading a prozilla script, editing it slightly and then reselling it.

I am also interested to see revenue details, you say you earned money off of it but on your website it says its free to download?

•••
I never said anything about copyright, i said they have 100% rights to do whatever they want with the script.

And if you were able to compare fedrabb with this one now you would see pretty much all of it is new code.

•••
Can you provide the revenue details I asked for? The script is available for download for free so how did you manage to sell 40 copies of it for $400? Also, why would you undercut yourself so much when your BIN is set for just 2 and 1/2 months revenue, I would expect that from a novice (which you are not).. and a scammer..

•••
The $250 is the amount i want for it i am not basing it on anything and i am most certainly not a scammer. If i was a scammer i wouldn't put my full name on the forums. You used to be able to download it for free - that is for using it like a normal forum...not for rebranding.

I have not sold 40 copies, i have sold around 3 or 4.

And no i don't have any details of revenue sorry.

And it is not against copyright, it depends on what type of license it is, but i never said anything about copyright anyway.

•••
liam_d - I've moved this to Private for further investigation .... ATM - I'd say they are right , We've had a few complaints on this already ....

I'll be looking in to it further when I get a chance .... - But until then - Do not attempt to sell it here any longer .....

•••
Thanks for moving it was getting out of hand.

I did mention in the original post it had been sold before. If there was complaints you should have let me know and no one has complained to me if they complained money would have been given back.

I will not sell this here anymore then. But giving rights to do whatever you want with a script is by no means saying i cannot carry on with it.

Last edited:
•••
You can not sell the same site as "Exclusive" - over and over ...... deu12000 has purchased this under this assumption ...... as well as a few others ...

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=102281

You should have made it known that it would be sold again IMO back then.

I think it will be best if you do not sell it anymore - definitely not here !

•••
Sorry i did not mean to cause trouble.

•••
Then why am I getting reports of you PM'ing and Emailing people trying to sell it still ? :|

•••
That was quite a long time ago actually before this happend when i first made the post.

•••
As you can see from this new email bleys is happy

Liam,

Thank you very much. I apologize for any messiness that has resulted
here. If you do hear from PayPal or your host, please feel free to have
them contact me so we can work anything out that may have happened.

As for NamePros, I would suggest that you reply to the post with
something, and/or contact -RJ- (who owns NP) because at the moment
they are unsure of how to look at you. Some words from your end
might do well. That's just my advice.

As for the forum, I've already converted all the tables in the templates to
CSS and will be working on developing it further (I have a lot of plans
for control panel, administrative, and functional enhancements,
including the use of AJAX for replies and edits). When it is ready, I
certainly invite you to help out or create mods for it. But in the
meantime, I appreciate you not continuing development, at least not
publicly (feel free to develop it for your own personal use, just don't
share the code).

Thanks.

-Josh Catone

•••
This thread is public again. GeorgeB's second post provides a pretty good summary of past history of this disputed script.

•••
I say ban him for misleading everyone.

Here's the other part of this conversation http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=132507 I guess maybe merging it or moving it all over here would keep it easier to keep track of.

He's actually very funny. I bought this off of him and he never gave me the install.php file. Then I asked him for it and he said he didn't have it anymore and he didn't even know where the forum software was at on his computer. He said he'd make me another one for $10, I paid of course. So he suckered me for another $10.

Another funny little story, that site ztboard.com was actually using my database and a more updated version of his original script. He was posting on his board about upcoming fixes and they were just copy and pastes from my site.

•••
I concur. I think he should be banned.

For the record, I am not happy. That email was in response to his saying that he would no longer develop it.

I sent it before all of these other sales were brought to my attention.

I have already complained to PayPal and his webhost (HotNetWay.com)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back